“Liked it but slightly disappointed”
Review of Bliss Surfer Hotel

Bliss Surfer Hotel
Ranked #18 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed August 29, 2012

For the same price, I could stay at Harris Hotel Sunset Road and 100 Sunset Road 2 Hotel. With another S$10 or so, 101 Legian and Best Western Kuta Seaview. This is for FYI.
Undoubtedly, Bliss Wayan has an interesting architectural concept, further enhanced by its sandy patch next to the lobby and a nice pool. This is probably the only place that served a small, but satisfying, glass of ice cold beer for a welcome drink.
It would've been a great start to my stay, except that I had arrived at 4.30pm and told that my room wasn't ready.
I only had to wait for 5min and then I was ushered into my room, which was nice; the bathroom was superbly designed.
However, I saw some footprints on the floor (not mine), and I ran some wet tissue in an attempt to get rid of them. The tissue became black. Also ran tissue across bed-head, and that came back black too. There were also permanent stains in some areas.
The nice things in the room included a well-stocked amenities tray, 2 bottles of good-sized mineral water, clean sheets and large pillows as well as reliable air-condition. I indulged in the bathroom to enjoy a good shower after being on the move the whole day.
After this, when I tried to doze off, the sound in the next room room woke me up, although I was able to eventually get to sleep.
My room came with a small balcony and a booth seat. I did not get a pool view, but I loved the view of Balinese roof-tops and trees surrounding the hotel.
Breakfast was forgettable, with 2 types of bread, 2 types of cereal plus hot food, juices and milk, and an egg station. The only thing I enjoyed was the yoghurt, which tasted home-made, and honey.
I only stayed for 1 night, but if I had stayed for more nights, I didn't think I'd bother with the breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Truth777_11
AntoniM263, General Manager at Bliss Surfer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Dear guest,

It has been our great pleasure to welcome you at Bliss Wayan Hotel and thank you for sharing your feelings about your stay with us.

Regarding the room cleaning, we have instructed our Housekeeping Manager to rectify the problem immediately. Rest assured that we will emphasize on training for the comfort of our future guests.

We hope this experience will not impair your trust in Bliss Wayan Hotel and that you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you again soon.

Sincerely Yours,

Budhiratmanu

Reviewed August 28, 2012

After reading several reviews about hotels in Bali with their shady deals and bad service, even though Bliss Wayan had some good reviews, we were apprehensive about what we would find on the other side. The deal we got on agoda was too hard to resist, however, so we booked 2 rooms at Bliss. I have to say that from the moment we reached until the time we left, weh had nothing but excellent service at the hotel. The staff is super friendly and helpful, also very honest. The facilities at Bliss weree awesome too... Considering we paid just approximately AU$377 for five nights, we were astonished at how clean and well maintained the hotel was. It has a very welcoming and spacious entrance and the utilisation of space was excellent throughout. Although the rooms were not big, we never felt cramped. A huge plus was the safe in each room for our valuables, the universal electric socket and free bottled water in the bathroom for brushing your teeth (it is not recommended that you use water directly out of the tap for gargling etc). The hotel is very well located, very close to the main jalan (road) Legian. The staff do not tout any restaurants or outside services too strongly and get excellent deals on motorbike hire and private driver/vehicle for longer day trips. They were also very accommodating in allowing us to check out around 45 min after the regular checkout time at no extra cost. All in all a superb experience, highly recommended to anyone! I hope they maintain their high standard of service and cleanliness.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank L D
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Bliss wayan hotel is very cool with surf design ,me and friend stay a week and we very like with the concept ,very clean,comfortable,friendly staf ,and price for a rate room isn't expensive ...if u want go to legain and kuta just only 5 min u can go there...
Recomended..
Thank's bliss wayan

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Just back from 5 Days at Bliss Wayan. Very clean room. Comfortable bed. Nice shower. Good TV with some english speaking channels if needed. Safety deposit box. No complaints. Also a decent sized balcony (that I didn't know about) so that was a pleasant surprise.
We had paid for a deal that included breakfast. This was a buffet every morning served until 10:30am. Good selection of food. Got very busy at 10am but the hotel was full so that was to be expected.
Didnt use the pool much as am more of a 'beach' person. It is a 15 min walk to beach or so. Also used the airport shuttle service which cost 100,000 which is definately worth it. Bali Airport can be pretty maniac so its a nice to see a sign when you walk out of there.
Only grievance I had was that I had was that I had asked for a late checkout through email, which I was advised I could arrange when I was checking in. However when I checked in, the hotel room was fully booked so we were unable to arrange the late checkout. However they did mind our baggage and we used showers outside of pool to freshen up for our late flight so it wasnt too much of an inconvenience.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stayed at Bliss Wayan Legian and found the hotel has great value for money. It has attentive staff, excellent room ambience, rather unique with surf theme. The room amaneties are complete as if I was staying in a 5 star hotel. The only downside is, it will take about 15 minutes walk to the beach or if you don't mind then this is a perfect hotel. The hotel doesn't have garden or resort kind of ambience, but I still feel very cozy and enjoyed my stay. I will recommend this hotel to everybody.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Bliss Wayan hotel can be easily described with one single word: cool! It is very centrally located between Kuta Central Park shopping area and Legian Street. The frnt of the hotel is very funky with surf boards. When we arrived we were sharing a shuttle with to girls in their early 20s who were staying somewhere else and their comment at the sight of the hotel has been "wow!". Our room (213) was very clean and new: flat tv, safe, iphone/ipod dock station, lots of room to place our luggage, complimentary flip-flop, nice balcony with seating space and a small table overlooking a very large swimming pool and a fridge. The staff ar reception was extremely nice and full of information. In the lobby you also have 2 IMac "24 available to be used for free. Wi-Fi connection was also available throughout the hotel for free and with the best speed I found in 3 weeks in Bali. Breakfast was also very good with lots of choices (mainly Asian buffet) and juices. There are rooms which have access directly in the swimming pool. If you plan to stay in the Legian/Kuta area this hotel is an extremely good option. The first week we stayed in Semyniak but that was a big mistake. There is no much difference between Semyniak, Legian or Kuta. If you walk on Legian St. and gangs nearby is all the same traffic and shops. You may as well stay central and avoid taking the taxi and the never ending traffic jams. I have only one regret, I wished I booked Bliss WayAn hotel much earlier. Keep up the good work

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 12 nights in August and totally loved it. The staff are fantasitic have never had better service before. We has a pool room which was lovely and was very spacious and nice, rooms are cleaned daily and they even change the linen, some days wasn't done till quite late as they were so busy as the hotel was full, one day they forgot us but I calle and they were there in 2 minutes.

Ate in the restaurant on many occasions and also got room service really enjoyed the food couldn't fault it and the service was fantasitic, only criticism was it was a little pricey and due to this not many people eating there some nights they had music and were we the only ones there.

We loved the location, last time we came we stayed on the water in legian at the Melastic it was old and run down, we didn't want to stay in Kuta as it was so busy but here you have the best of both worlds you are close to the water but also close to all bars an restaurants.

Only bad side to the room was the kids that stood outside our door near the pool at 7 in the morning screaming, the parents didn't seem to care even when the kids were right up at our door nearly inside the room. Even when the hotel is full you can still enjoy a quiet day by the pool as most people go out all day, we loved that as we spent alot of time just relaxing.

As I said before staff are fantastic especially Noel he was the number 1 stand out and the restaurant supervisor also he would always bring us samples as we ate there so much.

We totally enjoyed our stay, would definatly come back for sure, didn't want to leave.

• Stayed: August 2012
AntoniM263, General Manager at Bliss Surfer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Dear Valued Costumer,

We would like to thank you for choosing Bliss Wayan Hotel as your accommodation choice during your stay at last August.

We are very pleased to read that you appreciated the friendliness and assistance of our staff and enjoyed your visit in our hotel. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for every day.

We all look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Bali.

Kind Regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Legian Beach Hotel
Swiss-Belinn Legian
Swiss-Belinn Legian
#16 of 87 in Legian
The Magani Hotel and Spa

Been to Bliss Surfer Hotel? Share your experiences!