“Great Location”
Review of Rivavi Hotel

Rivavi Hotel
Ranked #73 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Great Location, surrounded by excellent restaurants and short walk to the beach. Beds in room are huge and really comfortable. No light in room- really dark. Good value as we had a scoopon deal for $50 per night including breakfast. Breakfast ok although room in which breakfast is served can get really crowded & hot. I liked the pool as no one was ever there so you had it all to yourself. Hotel is quite new and staff are friendly/helpful. Not sure if I would stay there again as I prefer rooms with a window.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was very happy with the scoopon deal for this hotel such great value including breakfast. I found it to be so near to all the shops,cafes and restaurants that at times there was no need for taxi's.Coffee Corner just opposite has the best coffee in Bali by far and it is owned by Australians. It has free internet upstairs which is a bonus.Getting back to the hotel I found that the swimming pool very refreshing after a hard days shopping as it did cool me down, yes it was in the shade and only two lounging chairs but for me that was not a problem.The rooms were big enough but did not have a wardrobe just a small hanging space but I was on my own so again no problem. For a shopping trip this is value plus.Would stay again if the price was right.For a great meal try The Lemongrass just across the road on Melasti Streeet which is the same street as the hotel.Just one thing the driver did not pick me up from the airport but I got reimbursed my taxi fare so all was good and the they also took me to my other hotel for free so once again I was happy.

Room Tip: Get a room with a window
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kusara
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Had a 14 night stay here and found the place pretty good overall.
Didn't start well with them 'having a driver issue' and didn't pick us up even after numerous confirmations. A few phone calls and they agreed to pay for the taxi however if this was our first trip then things would have been pretty scary and expensive.
- breakfast is basic but adequate
- room (15) was ground floor near to foyer. No balcony or court yard is an issue. Room itself was a good size however had poor lighting. Bathroom was clean and good.
- pool is crap. No real area around the pool and very little sun.
- noise is an issue. Whilst we were there it was very quiet people wise however noise was still a slight problem as the rooms are right on the pool and the music from the bar a pain. If you want quiet then this isn't for you at all.
- location is pretty good on melasti street however I find one street overact padma street is a much better location.
- after numerous trips to bali and in particular Legian I would rate this hotel as average with a good price ($50/ night).

Feel free to ask any questions.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 7, 2013

stayed 2 days in the hotel. love the clean and quite room. very nice hotel. but don't expect to have a great view from your room. thats the only thing lacking from this hotel. but everything else is good. service is also above average. friendly people too.

Room Tip: ask for the rooms with a view of the pool.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights via a scoopon deal and where really suprised at the stardard of the hotel. Very clean and well mantained, staff happy and helpful. The room was a little small and had no windows but was clean and tidy. Some great places to eat within 100 meters of the hotel and some awesome shopping directly over the road. The pool was not heated but after a day out and about we didn't really care. Not the hotel for everyone and I wouldn't bring my kids here for an extended stay as there wasn't much for them to do.

Room Tip: Don't get the cheap rooms
1  Thank Chris D
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed here with my boyfie. We both LOVED this hotel since the first time we arrived. We did look for a small trendy hotel since we would spend more time outside the hotel anyway. So this hotel really suits us.

The room is not huge, but not so tiny either, perfect for 2 of us. I dont know if it was just our room, or the others as well, but we didnt have any view from the small window. that's the only thing I didnt really like from our room. but maybe you can ask for another room?

it was super clean tho, the aircon worked fabulous, you have everything you need for a 3 stars hotel. We got welcome drinks when we arrived and the staff always greeted us when we came back from our stroll.

breakfast was delicious! even tho not so many choices and I think they do need to refill the food when it's all finished.

the location is just MORE THAN PERFECT.
right in the center of Legian! it was a short walk to Legian street where me and our boyfie had our dinner. only mins away to the Kuta beach as well. I couldnt ask for more.

so if you're young at heart, looking for a budget hotel to save more money for holiday, this hotel would be more than what you expected.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We got a Scoopon deal here. 7 nights for $347 so can't complain about the price, but if I had've seen it first, I wouldn't have stayed there. Our room was tiny. Had a king size bed and a small window out to the pool but that let no light in at all. The lighting in the room is attrocious. There is 2 lights right up near the ceiling shining up to the ceiling (why??) and a light down low on either side of your bed, that did nothing. One bright light in the entry which shone up the entry. Bathroom lighting was just as bad. The vanity is in an alcove with a mirror in front and on either side. Has a downlight right above, so it didn't matter which mirror you looked in, you could not see to put on any makeup, so hit and miss. There is not one overhead light in the room. I was sick for 2 days and stuck in the room. I could not read as could not see and the tv channels were all snowy and staticy with only about 3 English speaking channels. There is no wardrobe or drawers. So you have clothes on the floor beside you and a short hanging rod which sticks out from the wall to hang your clothes on. 2 hangers provided. There is just no atmosphere here, half the plants are all dead. 4 sun lounges around the pool. No step ladder or steps to get into pool.
Breakfast was in a small room, no aircon, people smoking and the fried rice and noodles had hardly any vegies in them. I never saw anyone in all the time I was there eating in the restaurant. Just plain boring. Such a bad design. When you shower, you shower in the dark part of the bathroom because a wall is there which covers the only light. Water drips all over the floor. When you get out shower you have to throw your towel down to soak up all the water that has leaked all over the floor.
I loved the location and staff were always friendly, like they are everywhere, but I will not be staying there again. I tried to all reception in the middle of the night because of the noise going on outside our room, no answer and ringing the room to room does not work either.

Room Tip: I don't think there would be a "good room" Ground floor in my opinion if any.
2  Thank Mandurahmum