“It is ok....nothing to get too excited about really.”
Review of Rivavi Hotel

Rivavi Hotel
Ranked #72 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed her for 4 nights by myself. Paid for a Gold room....nothing too it really. Loved the massive bed, comfortable pillow. Air on was cool, but noisy. Bathroom, soaked floor every time I had a shower and very small! Towels, grayish....and smelly!
Food, breakfast YUCK! room service ok, but better in restaurants close by. Pool gets no sun, has no steps but is clean.
Staff.....I have mixed comment reception staff I found them rude and unhelpful, bar staff were great and cleaners very friendly and talkative.
This hotel was ok for a short trip where I was not really looking for resort "Holiday" type accommodation, ok if all you need is clean reasonably priced place to stay. But there are cheaper, better options.....just look at the hotel a couple of doors down or even the one next door.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank lovetovisitbali

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We bought a scoupon for 5 nights and extended for 1 night and now I'm thinking we should have bought 2 scoupons and gone for 10 nights. Very nice hotel, not flash but very clean and well run.Breakfast was awesome and when it got crowded you could go to a second non smoking and air conditioned room. We got a 2nd floor room (non smoking) facing the street which was great because I had read on trip advisor that there were rooms with no windows. The shower curtain leaked water all over the floor so you had to block it with a shampoo bottle but when I asked for a second bath mat they gave it to us straight away. The pool was too cold to swim in because it is indoors but we didn't have time for that anyway. Very good location in Legian and only 5 to 10 minutes walk from the beach. Loads of great restaurants around and near everything. Only $2 taxi ride into Kuta but you can also walk while browsing in all the shops. Had a great time and would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window if not having one would bother you
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Sandy L
Reviewed October 15, 2012

So I bought a 5 night scoopon for Rivavi in Feburary and booked a holiday for myself and my boyfriend from 29th September - 4th October. I'd googled the hotel before I bought the scoopon just to see what I was paying for and I was fairly impressed. The day before the trip I came on trip advisor to see what other people had said about the hotel and started to worry about what i'd gotten us into. Our flight was delayed 5 hours and I emailed Veny Sambo at Rivavi straight away to let him know that this would impact our airport transfer. He replied straight away and with a lovely attitude as always! We arrived in Bali and stepped out of the airport to be greeted by Gday our driver and a clearly marked sign with my name on it. He chatted as he drove us the 20-30 minute drive to Rivavi and was so warm, welcoming and funny. We arrived at reception and were greeted by a heavily pregnant but insanely polite and friendly woman. We got checked in and jumped in the lift up to the third floor where our room was. We were shown the way and had our bags carried for us the whole way by a smiley staff member. We stayed in the Gold Deluxe room and it was amazing. Huge bed, flat screen, sunny balcony over looking the pool, mini bar and bathroom. Our room was cleaned every morning by some of the most talkative and happiest guys I've ever met! They asked us what we had planned for the day, gave us advice on where to eat, where to go, what to do.. They even asked us the next day how our day went the day before. So friendly, so considerate - really made us feel like they wanted us there and that they genuinely liked their jobs! Made the stay so pleasurable! We drank at the hotel bar (order the pina colada) and had a great chat with the bar staff. So funny, great English, all so honest and enjoy what they do. We walked to the beach everyday - a 10 minute walk, ate in Kuta central - a 20 minute walk, and went to Waterbom park - a 30 minute walk. So local, so close to everything, great location next to local shopping, resteraunts, bars, the beach. Argh! I can't say enough about Rivavi! The pool was a big thing for me because it was rather hidden from the sun but I can safely say it is as cool as the water in the ocean BUT the only thing is that the sun doesn't really hit the sun loungers or the pool so you don't feel as hot and the pool isn't as refreshing as the ocean. We did, however, get in there a couple of times and have a good swim around! Not many people ever in the pool, but thats just more room for you! Rivavi at night is lit up so amazingly - purple lights fill the pool and reflect off the balconies. Colourful lights flood the wall behind the pool which reached up all the way to our 3rd floor balcony.
The only negative things I can say about Rivavi was the smell of the bathroom and the breakfast set up. My boy friend is a plumber and said that the smell of the bathroom was due to the lack of filters (i dont remember the fancy words he used) and that it was to be expected with Bali plumbing standards, so I overlooked that pretty quickly. The breakfast situation could be so easily improved - simple things like labelling the food so you know what you're eating, walking around with tea and coffee instead of congregating for a chat, setting your table for you, and shooing the ants/flies that occassionally made a determined effort to get at the pancakes and maple syrup! Other than those 2 things my stay was absolutely wonderful. Amazingly friendly staff, always up for a conversation, always doing their utmost to make sure your visit is everything and more. So so so happy with the service, the staff, the room, the location, the bar, the food, and the whole hotel set up altogether! My whole stay at Rivavi I kept saying that I had to write a great review for them because they definetly were not getting the credit they deserved! Loved Rivavi and would definetly stay there again! :):)

Room Tip: Third floor - had balcony, faces into the pool rather than out to the street, no noise whatsoever!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Amber B
Reviewed October 12, 2012

good enough,i meant the hotel very clean tidy,warmfull officer n the location of swimming pool awesome,quick response of officer too n reasonable price i though only the location hotel not directly to the beach but overall is good

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank firdausmps
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The pictures on the web site looked the room we actually got. Huge King sized bed. This place was very clean always see some one cleaning. The staff were very helpful and polite. Breakfast was large choice of food each day. Dinner menu had large range (and cheaper compared to a lot of other hotel menus ie where sister-in-law stayed) - Amazingly presented and tasty.
Even though in very busy location was quiet - we had interior room closer to pool atrium - but spoke to someone with outer room and they said was reasonably quiet - horn beeping was muffled
Our room was near small gym for customers to use
WiFi in room was fast enough that daughter was able to game on it with friends in Australia
Free use of computer down stairs (used to reprint flight itinerary - 2000rp per page
** Coffee Corner across the road has a loyalty members card - 10 stamps free drink
** Great money changer DMC just short walk from hotel - as come out of hotel turn right, about 3 buildings after crossing side road
** Try Ours Bar on Garlic Lane - turn left as come out of hotel - across road about 5 min walk is 24 hour shop go down that side street second bar on left

The only things with this place could have more for clothes storage; bar fridge was not very cold - they did try 3 times to fix; Had asked for twin room as went with daughter but was not available when arrived - bed was that big did not matter in the end.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank icelover110
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We got a voucher from Scoopon to stay 5 nights at Rivavi Fashion Hotel, which coincided with a holiday we had already booked flights for. The hotel is fairly new so it's very clean and located in a great area in Legion, near Kuta. Walking distance to lots of places and a very cheap taxi into the main area of Kuta. Our room was very small but we didn't spend much time in the room, only sleeping/showering. Bed was a king size and pretty comfy so no problems there. There is no light in the middle of the room, but rather in front of the TV and behind the bed but that didn't cause an issue for us. The light in the bathroom wasn't great though and girls - putting on make up is very hard in that lighting (yes I wear makeup in Bali - no judging!). We had no view but again, we didn't spend much time in the room so didn't worry us. The staff were very polite and accomodating. Breakfast was ok but you have to ask for eggs & bacon etc - which we didn't know until day 2 when another patron told us about it. The only problem I had was the noise level. Since the pool is located in the middle of the hotel and the roof is open, any noise echoes around the hotel. The bar is open 24 hours so its not great to wake up at 2am to drinkers laughing and being noisey while you are trying to sleep. Then breakfast from 7am-ish, you can hear plates clanging, cutlery banging etc. The hotel is not "Bali" style, just a normal hotel style. Don't think I would stay again though as I prefer Bali styled hotels when over there and just enjoy a few little perks that were missed here. But if you are looking for somewhere affordable, this is a good place.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank trezzybree
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My boyfriend and I loved this hotel and everything about it. The staff are amazing, cannot do enough to help you, they have the most wonderful manners I have ever seen. The food and drinks are top notch. The hotel room was fantastic, huge bed, extremely clean, nicely laid out, cheap mini bar, air con and a great tv with good channels. We were right beside the pool and it was also spottless all the time. Highly recommend this hotel. Great location, lots of good bars and resturants close by.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends