“Value for money”

Ananta Legian Hotel
Ranked #44 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights before moving in luxury villas for the remainder of our stay.
We found this hotel clean and as we had a suite, quite large. The pool area was really nice and the swim up bar and cocktails great. Breakfast was good, what you get everywhere in Bali. I don't know how we managed to do it, but every morning we would end up in the restaurant the same time as a guest with her 4 kids...I'm not sure if she was attached to the hotel or not (she seemed to know everyone) but by god two of the little kids had lungs that would rival Florence Henderson's...and they screamed and screamed constantly! (Not a "I'm hurt" scream but a "I'm not getting my way" scream. We could even hear them from our room on the 6th floor when they were in the pool!! To say the serenity was lost was an understatement! This definitely needing addressing by the hotel, for the sanity of the other guests.
The staff were (mostly) very friendly, with good customer service.
The rooftop bar...well this is a dismal effort at a bar!! Don't waste your time going up there - it's a barron roof top! This roof area has so much potential, this hotel needs to pull their thumb out and make it spectacular...could be a massive seller if they did.
My one big complaint was when, on a particularly hot day, we asked the concierge to please call us a taxi, we were asked where we wanted to go. When we replied it was a restaurant about 2km away, we were promptly told a taxi would take 15 mins to arrive (he came to this conclusion without making a phone call...) We told him don't bother, walked 25 metres to the road and got a taxi immediately. This, in my opinion, is poor customer service, but in all fairness it was the only time we came across it at this hotel.
The location is good if you want the beach...bit far if you want to shop. Takes about 7 mins to walk to the main road, and about 20 mins to get to the bars.
I would recommend the suite based on value for money.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Franjapanni

Reviewed January 31, 2014

I just simply loved this hotel. Firstly its at a very convenient location, very near to the central shopping area, near to the bars & restaurants and a 2 min walk to the beach. The pool is reall nice and the rooms are clean and cozy. The hotel staff is very friendly. Their breakfast buffet is the best amongst all the well priced hotels in Bali. Their terrace bar is unique and the sunset view adds to the beauty. Recommend you to take the deluxe king size bedroom.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kani2710
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at the Ananta Legian. Nice & new, rooms were smallish but you don't need much more. We were on the ground floor with direct access to the pool! Great staff. Very friendly! We didn't have any problems during our stay. Highly recommended if you're looking for something not too busy :)

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Larissa M
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I recently stayed in a Pool Access room at this well located and friendly hotel. The area is always one I prefer and the Ananta is brilliantly located close to the beach, restaurants and shops. My first impressions were positive and overall thee is very little to detract from this well priced hotel.

Yes, the rooms are small but adequate, nicely furnished with excellent bathrooms. Importantly, and unusually for Asia the bedding was exceptionally comfortable. Even the pillow. Over the years I have learned to accept hotel mattresses in both Bali and Thailand are painfully hard. The Ananta is the exception. And a welcome one too!

Located next to the pool was a bonus but alas as previously stated the pool beds outside your room are for general use....and you had to be quick to use them. That being said, it was really no bother moving along to the next one. The pool was perfect. Small but refreshing and very pleasant to sit by for the day. I never had an issue the the shade mentioned in previous posts but I must say those the aluminium beds needed to be cushioned with a mattress to make them comfortable.
Breakfast was excellent. A good selection was available each morning with changes made to both the Western and Asian choices. The food and beverage staff, and indeed all the staff were kind, welcoming and friendly. I also ordered room service and found the food to be of a good standard and excellent price.
All in all the Ananta is a good choice for the price. However, given that the basic rooms have no balcony and the windows are permanently locked for safety reasons I would strongly recommend the Pool Access rooms as the first choice.

Room Tip: Pool Access
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank MoochPerth
Reviewed January 23, 2014

A poor hotel, minuscule bathroom and rooms, views of dirty walls, terrible food and suffocating restaurant it reminds us of a hostel where you are forced to stay waiting for the real destination. We booked one week fooled by the 4 star nomenclature. We moved swiftly out after the first night. The greedy management refuses to refund the unused 6 nights, of course, hoaxing customers in is their only way to make money. This is a genuine review and attempted failed holiday unlike the good reviews that were bought by this hotel. We can be contacted for more details. Daniel and Stefania

Room Tip: There is not a single good room in this prison like hotel
Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank danieltita1
Reviewed January 21, 2014

The lobby is best architectural pieces, a beauty landmark between tightly build buildings Friendly staff and friendly atmosphere, relaxing everybody who came there. Love the breakfast, variety of foods and satisfied my taste. Room rather small but very clean and nicely designed. The bed and pillow are superb. Love the old balinese photos as a decorations. Overall exceeded my expectation for this hotel.

Room Tip: room sorounding the swimming pool have backdoor directly to the pool .
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank ckoko18
Reviewed January 19, 2014

This is a very nice, clean and new hotel. The rooftop bar is a bit bare, but if you can ignore that, the view is very good. As were the cocktails.

The rooms are clean and well maintained. Comfortable beds, nice showers (with water pressure!) and cable tv if you want to stay in.

I was sick for my stay, so I didn't experience all the hotel had to offer like the restaurant, pool etc.

Room Tip: Be careful of adjoining rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends