“Fabulous Staff”

Ananta Legian Hotel
Ranked #40 of 88 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed September 29, 2012

If your looking for great service, fabulous selection of food for start of the day breakfast. Spotless bed and bathroom. This is a hotel to look at.

If your wanting to throw in a good pool environment . . . may be not for you. Very tight to move around the deck chairs however pool bar is a plus.

Your close to the beach and Double Six Jl is only 100 Mts away. Blue Bird Taxis' are very cheap to where ever you wish to travel

Room Tip: Higher rooms are quieter. Pool view room 101 has a pool view if you step outside your room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Oz58

Reviewed September 29, 2012

The room and facilities are clean, though quite basic in my opinion, but complete. Bed was great - the minimal requirement for me and my hubby when we travel. Breakfast is decent, wish they served more Balinese food though. I will say this - it was strange to be assisted by a pure male concierge team. One funny thing was it took them a long time to get hold of an iron for us. We had to literally beg and tell them what to do since the wedding we were to attend was two hours away.

That being said, the beach is not far. TIP: When you get to the main Legian beach, turn left and head down to a private road. You'll soon be at a nice strip of sand, spend the morning there, let your toes bury into the sparking grey sand, maybe take a dip? Watch the surfers. Then have lunch in any of the nearby hotel restaurants, we enjoyed ours in Niksoma.

Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

So, what didn't we like about this hotel:
1, No Balcony to our room!
2, No DVD Player or the ability to connect a lap top!
3, Pool was very intimidating as the area was small and all rooms looked over it.
4, Breakfast was OK but area was too small and over the last few days as occupancy increased wait for eggs/omelette went from a few minutes to BUGGER THIS, lets go somewhere else for breakfast!

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank Munyos
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Loved the hotel. It was much more of what I expected from what I saw from their website. A new hotel just established this July 2012. The room was just small but has all the basic necessities. I got my request which was a pool view room. The swimming pool har a bar. Rooftop view was great, with a bar lounge area. Maybe they could add-in a jacuzzi or small pool here as well so it's nicer to chillax at the rooftop. Had one day with internet down...apparently the server was down for the whole hotel that day. Staffs were very helpful. Assisted us on the wake up calls, recommended tours, airport transfers. They always have the smile and warmth for all the guests. The breakfast was fantabulous, with Balinese & Western infusion. Hotel is highly recommended as it was just 10mins-walk to the Beach. Outside would be a long stray of souvenir shops & warungs to try on. Best to visit restos like Dejavu Kitchen , the Spanish Chef makes good cuisine with Western & Indonesian infusion and the cocktails were damn good! You can also try Cafe Marzano fro the Italian feel, pizzas are their forte. Overall, our stay was fabulous. I will recommend this hotel to my friends in Singapore and in the Philippines.

Room Tip: Request for poolview pool perhaps on 2nd to 5ht floor as 6th floor there are still ongoing expansion...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank marose_cheri2002
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I gave this a 4-star rating because it definitely wasn't Average, however I would stop short of saying that this place is 'Very Good'. On the whole, I would characterize is as 'Good. The room, which is most important to me was clean, did not have any funky old-room odours, the linen was well-pressed, beds well-made, bathroom and floor were clean, etc. All very important to me when I first walk into a hotel room.

The room itself however is a bit small for my liking, but well-contained and there was enough space for me and my wife to move around quite freely. Same with the bathroom, the toilet was laid out well for a smallish space, overall no complaints.

The air-con was freakishly cold and the remote control didn't seem to be able to moderate the temperature.

The check-in and check-out process is extremely slow. They took 30 minutes to check us in and almost 20 minutes to check us out because a drink receipt from the pool side had to find its way to the front desk. And no couches in front lobby to sit and wait comfortably.

The staff are very friendly nonetheless this does not compensate entirely for lapses in service every now and then. Housekeeping was not at any regular time during the day and once I had to call them in the late evening to ask them to do the housekeeping despite having placed the 'Make Up Room' tag on the outside doorknob.

Breakfast was average in variety, but food was fresh, well made and filling.

The pool side is cramped as one would expect for a small hotel, but good enough to get a tan.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel 4-star taking into account its price and location in centre of Legian, but 3-star had it been more expensive or in a less central location.

2  Thank Arvind P
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed there in July during the school holidays and it was fun. We are a family of 4 with 2 young kids so we had 2 connecting rooms. The rooms are new and clean, a bit small but we had enough space. Our kids love the pool and they spent half a day everyday swimming and playing there. Breakfast is included, it is standard but some good selection for us and the children. There are lots of nice restaurants in the area within walking distance so we had no problem. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful and they helped us arrange for transports and activities. Overall, it is a nice hotel for family stay.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Falia F
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This new hotel is one of the best I have stayed in Bali. The staff are friendly, the rooms so clean and their breakfast spread immense. The facilities are second to none, the pool, poolbar, rooftop bar - all fantastic. Out of the bustle of the main streets, but so close to it all. Close to the beach, shopping and fabulous restaurants. A great place to stay, and I will definitely go back there again.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms have sliding doors giving you access to the pool!
2  Thank Gracie463