“Friendly and helpful staff. Hotel area and rooms are very clean. Location so so given that it is not on the beach front.”

Ananta Legian Hotel
Ranked #39 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

So, what didn't we like about this hotel:
1, No Balcony to our room!
2, No DVD Player or the ability to connect a lap top!
3, Pool was very intimidating as the area was small and all rooms looked over it.
4, Breakfast was OK but area was too small and over the last few days as occupancy increased wait for eggs/omelette went from a few minutes to BUGGER THIS, lets go somewhere else for breakfast!

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank Munyos
There are newer reviews for Ananta Legian Hotel

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Loved the hotel. It was much more of what I expected from what I saw from their website. A new hotel just established this July 2012. The room was just small but has all the basic necessities. I got my request which was a pool view room. The swimming pool har a bar. Rooftop view was great, with a bar lounge area. Maybe they could add-in a jacuzzi or small pool here as well so it's nicer to chillax at the rooftop. Had one day with internet down...apparently the server was down for the whole hotel that day. Staffs were very helpful. Assisted us on the wake up calls, recommended tours, airport transfers. They always have the smile and warmth for all the guests. The breakfast was fantabulous, with Balinese & Western infusion. Hotel is highly recommended as it was just 10mins-walk to the Beach. Outside would be a long stray of souvenir shops & warungs to try on. Best to visit restos like Dejavu Kitchen , the Spanish Chef makes good cuisine with Western & Indonesian infusion and the cocktails were damn good! You can also try Cafe Marzano fro the Italian feel, pizzas are their forte. Overall, our stay was fabulous. I will recommend this hotel to my friends in Singapore and in the Philippines.

Room Tip: Request for poolview pool perhaps on 2nd to 5ht floor as 6th floor there are still ongoing expansion...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank marose_cheri2002
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I gave this a 4-star rating because it definitely wasn't Average, however I would stop short of saying that this place is 'Very Good'. On the whole, I would characterize is as 'Good. The room, which is most important to me was clean, did not have any funky old-room odours, the linen was well-pressed, beds well-made, bathroom and floor were clean, etc. All very important to me when I first walk into a hotel room.

The room itself however is a bit small for my liking, but well-contained and there was enough space for me and my wife to move around quite freely. Same with the bathroom, the toilet was laid out well for a smallish space, overall no complaints.

The air-con was freakishly cold and the remote control didn't seem to be able to moderate the temperature.

The check-in and check-out process is extremely slow. They took 30 minutes to check us in and almost 20 minutes to check us out because a drink receipt from the pool side had to find its way to the front desk. And no couches in front lobby to sit and wait comfortably.

The staff are very friendly nonetheless this does not compensate entirely for lapses in service every now and then. Housekeeping was not at any regular time during the day and once I had to call them in the late evening to ask them to do the housekeeping despite having placed the 'Make Up Room' tag on the outside doorknob.

Breakfast was average in variety, but food was fresh, well made and filling.

The pool side is cramped as one would expect for a small hotel, but good enough to get a tan.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel 4-star taking into account its price and location in centre of Legian, but 3-star had it been more expensive or in a less central location.

2  Thank Arvind P
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed there in July during the school holidays and it was fun. We are a family of 4 with 2 young kids so we had 2 connecting rooms. The rooms are new and clean, a bit small but we had enough space. Our kids love the pool and they spent half a day everyday swimming and playing there. Breakfast is included, it is standard but some good selection for us and the children. There are lots of nice restaurants in the area within walking distance so we had no problem. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful and they helped us arrange for transports and activities. Overall, it is a nice hotel for family stay.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Falia F
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This new hotel is one of the best I have stayed in Bali. The staff are friendly, the rooms so clean and their breakfast spread immense. The facilities are second to none, the pool, poolbar, rooftop bar - all fantastic. Out of the bustle of the main streets, but so close to it all. Close to the beach, shopping and fabulous restaurants. A great place to stay, and I will definitely go back there again.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms have sliding doors giving you access to the pool!
2  Thank Gracie463
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed at this hotel just last week after making a booking through Agoda. When i arrived the staff were very friendly, took my printed copy of the booking and of course asked for my credit card. At the end of the stay as i was checking out i asked to see an itemised bill to which they stated it wasn't necessary as i'd pay, i get home and find 2 charges for double the price!
The room was neat and tidy but tucked away in a corner where there was noisy construction work next door (that looked like it was going on for some time) and next to that was a noisy pen of geese! The rest of the staff were very friendly but i knew that the front desk reception staff were trying something on me, i really don't know why they try something like this - hoping i wont check my bill i suppose! Next time i will insist on my itemised bill. lesson learnt!

Room Tip: make sure you get a pool view room and watch the front desk reception staff!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Chewbacker888
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed here for 7 nights in a Pool side room.
Room was of good size as we spent alot of time walking and relaxing in and around legian.
Room was cleaned everyday which was lovely.
Nice hot shower and cool airconditioning after being out in the heat.
We had breakfast while we stayed there. It was good with an array of foods for everyone.
The pool was great to unwind and chill..as there were very few kids here, just what we both needed.
The staff everyday greeted us with a smile and good morning always cleaning and busy keeping things clean.
Just the place to have a hotel room that at the end of the day you can't hear alot of noise and have a great sleep.
We had no problems at Ananta Hotel Legian.
Thanks for our first visit to Bali and the pleasant staff who would chat to us. Has made us decide we will be back for a visit.

Thanks Roz.

Room Tip: Rooms maybe small as read by other users but found ours had ample space.
2  Thank Roz H