“Exceptional customer service”

Ranked #31 of 86 Hotels in Legian
Melbourne, Australia
“Exceptional customer service”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I stumbled upon this hotel on Agoda as it had a bargain rate of $70 AUD per night. Located in Legian just off Double Six, this recently built property is a little oasis. It has not been completed fully at this stage, with only two floors finished. The rooftop bar / restaurant, pool bar and remaining accommodation levels are still in the works, however let me assure you, that you don't feel like your in the middle of a construction zone. The rooms are a little on the small side but at the same time they have adequate storage for luggage and room to get around. The flat screen tv was great as was the tea and coffee making facilities and safe. - all the little extras that a property with a higher rating would have. Wifi connection throughout the property was good - probably the best I've experienced in Bali over the past few years. This place would ideally suit the short stay guest who still wants to be in the middle of the action. Breakfast was adequate and had great coffee and an omelette / egg station. The only negatives about this place is the depth of the pool - I'm 6 foot and the water only came up to my stomach. Also there are around 20 odd deck chairs for a property that will eventually have 170+ rooms. I don't like that kind of ratio when the place will be at full occupancy. Overall the experience was great with the exceptional staff making it an even nicer place to stay. Always smiling, you get a true sense that this team want to make the Ananta the best hotel stay in its category. Thanks to Kasi on reception who's smile warmed my heart every time I saw her.

Room Tip: Deluxe pool access rooms maybe a little noisy during the day
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Peter S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Perth
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We just returned from spending 20 days at this lovely hotel, besides being a nice and new the real highlight is the staff both professional and very friendly it was like being at home staying with friends. The hotel should be 100% finished in June and we look forward to staying here next year.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andy M
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Recommended by members on TA Bali forum, at that moment only 2 reviews posted and some comments and overall, it's not so good, but I would like to give it a try. Email promptly replied by Rahayu. A very good public relation skill and they honoured my reservation eventhough without personal info and payment upfront. Pickup at the airport on time. Friendly and helpfull driver. Reception staffs so friendly showed me few rooms before I checked in to deluxe pool terrace room. They're offering 50% discount for soft opening.

Location roughly 10 minutes walk to Legian Beach. Surrounded by highwall so you can't see any view.

Some minor revonation in progress and the staffs said they're only open the ground floor for guests. Room feel small but it's enough for 2 paxs. Without bath tub. Room look dark without any down light at the ceiling at bed area. No photo frame at walls. A single floor trap only at shower area so the floor slightly wet at toilet area. Pool bar still in progress. A very nice pool. Clean room and comfortable bed. It's very difficult to lock the sliding glass door to the pool area. I saw other guests having the same problem too.

Nice food for breakfast with restaurant located beside the small pool. Friendly kitchen staffs.

Overall: They're new and deserve a second change. Give them some time to improve and I will probably come back if I stay at Legian again.

Thank you Rahayu and all staffs. All the best and good luck.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank danielJBMY
Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I travelled to Bali from South Korea and I had stayed at Ananta Legian Hotel on the 27th of March.2012. The hotel looked very simple and not too big,,easy to get access to all the facilities inside the hotel. The front desk and concierge staff were very friendly and seems to be trained well enough to care customers. I had looked around outdoor pool, restaurant, small but atrium style of lobby, and walked down to the water fountain etc....everything was clean because the hotel is quite new around Legian area. anyhow thanks to all the staff and hope to visit Ananta Legian hotel again for my next trip to Bali..i am sure that i will stay at this hotel again if i visit to Bali again....on emore thing,,this hotel is very close to Legain beach and safe to walk....5 minutes walking distance...this hotel is an excellent venue around Legian area for value for money....i highly recommend this hotel to travellers....

Room Tip: outdoor pool access directly from rooms on 1st floor...fantastic....
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank HotelSeokyoGM
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Was staying at Ananta Legian for 3 nights on my business trip in Bali. I like to try a new hotel so I got a new atmosphere everytime . Hotel located a bit inside from the main road which is good if you like a quiet and calm place. The Legian beach is behind the hotel about 5 minutes walk and along the streets you can find coffee shop restaurant and convenience store . All the rooms are facing the lobby and the Pool area so the view was nice. At the basement they have a coffe shop and the food was great . I tried the Oxtail and the Banana fritters for dessert and it was delicious . The staff are very helpfull , They help make some copy of my documents I need at no charge . I have a Deluxe room with comfortable Bed and King size pillow make me sleep well all the time . Overall I was very happy staying at the hotel, they just open about a month ago and everything is nice clean and the good news are they have 50% discount till the end of March .

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 7, 2012

This hotel has only been open for 2 weeks and I am very glad that they are only charging 50% off their normal rate due to a special opening price, my feelings are disappointment and are due to: I am staying in a delux pool access room and it is small, there is no DVD player in the room and the shower is designed terrible with alot of water comming out onto the bathroom floor, pool bar is closed and not ready to be open yet "I was informed by email from the hotel before I booked 4 weeks prior that it will be open by my arrival" we were then informed by a front desk staff member, when we noticed the pool bar was not open that staff will be coming to the pool area to take drink orders "NO" that did not happen instead my daughter got out of the pool and walked down a flight of stairs to the bar in the restaurant and asked to order drinks and still NO bar staff came back to the pool to take any drink orders. Our dirty breakfast dishes stacked up on our table till eventually a staff member came and collected them "and this was not due to the staff being busy" and finally our room was cleaned and given fresh towels in the afternoon at 5pm. We are disappointed with our choice of staying here!! BUT I must say that the staff are very friendly, thank goodness :)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family