“Really good instructor”

UP2U Surf School Bali
Ranked #1 of 55 Tours in Legian
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: # 40% CHEAPER # Very Affordable # Great Fun For Everyone # Level 3 certified surf coaches # Surf Lessons and guiding # Safe and friendly environment # Professional facilities and equipment. UP2U Surf School Bali is owned and run by Australian professional surfers our aim is to teach you the awesome sport of surfing whilst providing professional services, facilities and equipment in a safe environment this guarantee's your Bali surf lesson’s and guiding will be amazing and something to always remember. UP2U cater's for all levels of surfing from beginners to advanced surfers and invite you to learn the awesome sport of surfing in a safe, fun and relaxing environment. For more details click the 'WEBSITE' link on this page. Wanna Go For Surf - IT's UP2U
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Did a 7am surf lesson with Paul the owner and was great. He promised he'd get us standing on the board by the end of the lesson and he did!

Cheers Paul! That first trophy is on its way soon....

UP2USURFSCHOOLBALI, Owner at UP2U Surf School Bali, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Hi Keith hope your well,

It was a great surfing with and I love my morning surfs they are very special clean waves, cool sun and no crowds that’s why I like to do them.

We had some great chats and got some great waves too I really enjoyed my time with you mate.

Hoping you come back again and we can get up and grab some early morning surfs again.

Take care mate,
Paul and the crew from UP2U Surf School Bali.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Can't rate this place highly enough. The location is great, right on the beach, all the equipment is first class and the instructors are friendly, safety concious and attentive. You get a sense that Paul (the Aussie owner/manager) really wants people to learn to surf and often gets involved in the training himself especially for people doing multi-day packages.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
UP2USURFSCHOOLBALI, Owner at UP2U Surf School Bali, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Hi there Nemo,

Thank you so much for your review.

UP2U Surf School Bali is definitely the best located surf school in Bali without a doubt our office door is only 5 meters from the sand when l sit in the office l definitely would be safe to say l have the best view in Bali!

We look after all the equipment because we do realize that well maintained equipment is safe equipment and safety is our number one priority!

I do really want people to learn how to surf and that’s why l have theory classes with people and explain to them that there is more to surfing than just go out and catching waves it’s a feel!

As the say ‘only a surfer knows the feeling’ this is what we try and show all our guests.
Again thanks for the review and if you’re ever in Bali pop in for surf it would be awesome to see you again.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

UP2U definitely has to be one of the best places to learn to surf in Bali, especially if you are a beginner. We did a 5-day course during our trip last year, and Paul and his crew (Budi, Merry, Herry, etc) were absolutely fantastic.The staff is not only very friendly but also extremely professional. Right from bookings to pick-ups, everything was very well organised - thanks to Paul's addiction to his BB. They place a huge emphasis on safety, all the while ensuring that you enjoy yourself. In fact by the third day, they has us paddling out and catching small green waves by ourselves. All in all, an awesome experience. Will definitely be back. Thanks Paul.

UP2USURFSCHOOLBALI, Owner at UP2U Surf School Bali, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Hi there Adit,

Thanks for the great review we do really appreciate it!!

We do specialize in teaching people to surf and you where one of the easy ones!!

The five days you spent with us was great! To see you progress was so satisfying to all of the crew at UP2U Surf School Bali

I do my best to make sure people have the most professional service when in Bali because it’s exactly what I would want!!

Safety is completely number one!! I won’t compromise anyone’s safety at all this is why I try to get in the water to supervise this myself.

To see you catching the green waves so quickly was a great feeling and to see you coming back for board hire was great to.

We hope you do come back to Bali and you will always be part of The Crew From UP2U

Paul and the crew from UP2U Surf School Bali

PS. I love my Black Berry hehehe without it I can’t manage the surf school hehehe.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

My teenage son and I had a wonderful experience with Paul(owner) and the surf instructors at UP2U Surf School. Paul was quick to respond to our request for lessons, had hotel pick-up and return. The equipment and accessories were excellent and the instructors did a great job at teaching us the basics, encouraging us, and most of all helping us to be able to stand and surf. We had a great time and would highlyl recommend UP2U for anyone looking to take surf lessons in Bali. I am a 45yr old mother of teenagers and I truely enjoyed my experience learning to surf and wish I had time to take more lessons!!

UP2USURFSCHOOLBALI, Owner at UP2U Surf School Bali, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Hi there TBeaker,

Thank you so much for the fantastic review we really do appreciate it.

It was great to see your son standing so many times a true talented surfer.

I try to have a very quick and accurate response with every one of our guests because e I know if I where booking a surf lesson I would want the exact same service.

Our instructors are great we try to choose very experienced people but one on the pre-requisites to employing someone here at the surf school is they need to have a good heart – you can teach people something but you can’t someone to be someone.

The surf equipment is tried to be kept in good condition we do have a daily maintenance program but if l see something that needs a quick repair I will get out the tools and sort it out.

You did have a great time and so did we to see you son ripping was amazing.

We hope you do come back to Bali and try a few more lessons maybe a surf trip to you will always be welcome

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We had a blast with Paul (director/owner) whilst on holiday in Bali!

We were undecided as to which surf school we would choose as there are so many. We went with UP2U after reading the trip advisor reviews. We booked very late the night before and Paul replied instantly booking us in for a hotel pick-up and lesson the following morning.

We were both beginners and booked a semi-private lesson. This was great as we had one instructor between the two of us and received fantastic instruction. From the initial briefing through to surfing bigger waves out the back, Paul was able to break down all the steps into bite size chunks so we improved quickly!

We had a great laugh with Paul and his boys. They were all incredibly helpful, professional and experienced. It was clear that all other budding surfers were also enjoying themselves.

It is also worth noting that Paul places a huge emphasis on safety and this was particularly evident with the children attending his school. Further to this, he had some children up and surfing on short boards (really well) within days.

In summary.... DEFINITELY GIVE UP2U A GO!!! We had an amazing time and will return next time we are back in Bali.

Betty (Aus, 30) and Jon (UK, 31)

1  Thank Betty_Jon1
UP2USURFSCHOOLBALI, Owner at UP2U Surf School Bali, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Hi Betty,

Thank you so much for the review.

There are many surf schools and we are so stoked you decided to surf with UP2U Surf School Bali.

We do have some great instructors and admin staff working for us and their knowledge combined does give us a big edge over the other surf schools here in Bali. I manage all the bookings and I know that it’s very important that travellers to Bali get quick and accurate communication that way they can organize their stay in Bali

Our instructors are trained in the latest surf coach techniques with regular workshops and practise training so I’m safe to say that we have a great product at a very reasonable price.

My guest workshops in front of the surf skills show or people what to look out for and to be very aware to watch the ocean doing this provides pre-training before we go to the beach for beach theory.

I’m blessed to have such a good crew of staff and we do love our surfing and get involved with it deeply by surfing heaps our selves. This energy we try to pass onto everyone!

Safety is number 1, 2, 3, 4 it’s extremely important to me to make sure don’t hurt themselves and even if there is a hint of danger I will pull everyone out of the water and move them to a better location.

Your children where very talented and there smiles definitely gave us a very warm feeling that’s the best feeling in the world

We do miss you all and your always welcome to come and surf with UP2U anytime