“We will be back!!!!”

UP2U Surf School Bali
Ranked #1 of 56 Tours in Legian
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: # 40% CHEAPER # Very Affordable # Great Fun For Everyone # Level 3 certified surf coaches # Surf Lessons and guiding # Safe and friendly environment # Professional facilities and equipment. UP2U Surf School Bali is owned and run by Australian professional surfers our aim is to teach you the awesome sport of surfing whilst providing professional services, facilities and equipment in a safe environment this guarantee's your Bali surf lesson’s and guiding will be amazing and something to always remember. UP2U cater's for all levels of surfing from beginners to advanced surfers and invite you to learn the awesome sport of surfing in a safe, fun and relaxing environment. For more details click the 'WEBSITE' link on this page. Wanna Go For Surf - IT's UP2U
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We had a blast with Paul (director/owner) whilst on holiday in Bali!

We were undecided as to which surf school we would choose as there are so many. We went with UP2U after reading the trip advisor reviews. We booked very late the night before and Paul replied instantly booking us in for a hotel pick-up and lesson the following morning.

We were both beginners and booked a semi-private lesson. This was great as we had one instructor between the two of us and received fantastic instruction. From the initial briefing through to surfing bigger waves out the back, Paul was able to break down all the steps into bite size chunks so we improved quickly!

We had a great laugh with Paul and his boys. They were all incredibly helpful, professional and experienced. It was clear that all other budding surfers were also enjoying themselves.

It is also worth noting that Paul places a huge emphasis on safety and this was particularly evident with the children attending his school. Further to this, he had some children up and surfing on short boards (really well) within days.

In summary.... DEFINITELY GIVE UP2U A GO!!! We had an amazing time and will return next time we are back in Bali.

Betty (Aus, 30) and Jon (UK, 31)

1  Thank Betty_Jon1
UP2USURFSCHOOLBALI, Owner at UP2U Surf School Bali, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Hi Betty,

Thank you so much for the review.

There are many surf schools and we are so stoked you decided to surf with UP2U Surf School Bali.

We do have some great instructors and admin staff working for us and their knowledge combined does give us a big edge over the other surf schools here in Bali. I manage all the bookings and I know that it’s very important that travellers to Bali get quick and accurate communication that way they can organize their stay in Bali

Our instructors are trained in the latest surf coach techniques with regular workshops and practise training so I’m safe to say that we have a great product at a very reasonable price.

My guest workshops in front of the surf skills show or people what to look out for and to be very aware to watch the ocean doing this provides pre-training before we go to the beach for beach theory.

I’m blessed to have such a good crew of staff and we do love our surfing and get involved with it deeply by surfing heaps our selves. This energy we try to pass onto everyone!

Safety is number 1, 2, 3, 4 it’s extremely important to me to make sure don’t hurt themselves and even if there is a hint of danger I will pull everyone out of the water and move them to a better location.

Your children where very talented and there smiles definitely gave us a very warm feeling that’s the best feeling in the world

We do miss you all and your always welcome to come and surf with UP2U anytime

in 23 reviews
"paul"
in 474 reviews

Reviewed June 8, 2013

My wife and I had our first surfing lesson with Paul and his crew yesterday and it was amazing fun, the lesson was good and the equipment was good too. We had perfect conditions and were out on the waves very quickly. Would recommend them to anyone fancying a go. I'm 34 and found it tiring but fun and we will be going back tomorrow for another go. We took a day off between as we are a bit too unfit to do it 2 days on the trot but most the guys we learnt with we're doing three day courses and progressing really well.

2  Thank Anna H
UP2USURFSCHOOLBALI, Owner at UP2U Surf School Bali, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Hello Anna,

Thank you so much for the great review.

The conditions on the day your surfed were completely amazing your pictures are awesome.

We do understand that people get tired and may have a tour so we don’t mind letting people have a ‘lay day’.

It was good to see you standing and smiling many of the surf schools here in Bali are way too serious. We do teach you how to surf but we also know that you’re here in Bali to have fun and to relax from everything so that’s one of the most important things we try to do at UP2U Surf School Bali.

We had a great time surfing with you and your always welcome to come back for another surf.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Hi guys, how are you? Hope you can read it all, sorry for my english... :) Yes, I wanted to say thank you for the super great surf lessons! It was amazing! I never thought that I can stand on a surf board but in the end I allready came out to the intermediat!!!! I had some big nice wafes which hurt a lot! The first big wafe really hurted but it was so much fun that I didn't want to stop! :) thank you for this expirience! I love surfing really much... So thanks to Norman (who helped me to stand up and who is 26 and not 15 how you said to me or 18 how you said to andri hahahaha ) , Din (with whom l catched my first big wafe) , Paul (who told me all the theory and let me catch some more big wafes) and Chip (who teached me allso how to stand up), thanks to the very frendly secretary women, and thanks to Herry for all this amazing pictures (I want to see you Live on a surf board next year!! :) )! (sorry if i forgott One or if i wrote the name fals... :) ) It was much fun with you all! I'm coming back next year so you just don't have much time to recover you from me! It gets harder with me next year because I want to become an Professional!!! ;) I really hope to see you all agin next year!!!!! Tina

1  Thank Surf_girl9
UP2USURFSCHOOLBALI, Owner at UP2U Surf School Bali, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Hi Tina,

Thank you so much for you kind review.

Just like to say that the 6 days I spent surfing with you and Andrew was completely amazing.

You both where amazing at surfing it was soooo awesome to see you both getting great waves and so many of them I felt so proud!

To see you both tackle little to big waves was a true inspiration for me and also to see you both jump from a beginners level to an intermediate in just two surf lessons was great and was an inspiration for many of our guests who where surfing at UP2U at the time all where watching and admiring you both on how good you where at surfing.

I knew when I saw you both surf for the first time that something very special was happening and I was so stoked that you booked a 6 day package because I knew that you both where going to achieve great results.

Surfing can be physical and can hurt but you both learned so quickly and you where both able to negotiate small and big waves easily.

I was so lucky to surf with you both your definitely true surfers!!!

All the staff loved seeing you both come into the surf school and all agreed that you both where extremely talented and new that you would be surfing awesome waves – the photo’s proved this so many awesome pictures. Harry is a great surfer and he said that you both had a special gift for surfing!!

We want you both to come back - tomorrow!

Please try to surf somewhere if not in Bali you both have got it!!

Really hope you return to Bali next year and surf with us again because when you return we are going on surf trips and we all will have an awesome time

Take care yeah,

Reviewed May 20, 2013

UP2U Surf School gave us an unforgettable corporate team building experience! What better way to bond with your colleagues (or hang with your friends) than over a few hours of learning how to surf while enjoying a fun day at the beach!

From the first time we reached out, Paul, the owner, displayed exceptional communication and professionalism. Although our flight wound up being delayed, Paul made sure that we still got quality surf time in. His crew went out of their way to ensure that we all caught some waves and stood up! We had a lot of team members that initially didn't believe they could learn to surf and Paul and his crew happily proved them all! By the end of the lesson, everyone was standing up and catching waves left and right!

If you are looking for a great team activity, give these guys a call. Very competitive pricing at a truly lovely beach with perfect conditions for beginners. After your surf, there are many bars and little restaurants nearby where you can catch the beautiful Bali sunset...

1  Thank IdaFats
UP2USURFSCHOOLBALI, Owner at UP2U Surf School Bali, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Hiya Ida,

Thank you for the great review.

We do get many corporate ‘team building’ bookings but yours was the largest – people everywhere it was awesome!!

We give 150% service to all our guests and giving a highly professional, courteous and punctual service and quick and accurate communication is second only to our safety first policy!

It was a shame that your flight was delayed and that we run out of sunlight but the pictures of you all surfing at sunset where magical Huey the surf god definitely was smiling at your group that day he sent some awesome surf conditions for your group that day - nice gentle clean waves it was awesome.

To see all your team standing and having heaps of fun was great to see all the surf instructors had a great time also they were all laughing and enjoying the lesson too.

Our instructors are exceptionally good at teaching so it’s no surprise that they got you all standing and more importantly having a great time very quickly.

It was great that after the class we all had a bit of a social thing going after the lesson had finished because surfers all around the world after having a great surf love to kick back and talk about how the surf was ‘going off’.

Welcome to the club! As they say ‘only a surfer knows the feeling’ I’m safe to say you all know the feeling now.

Hopefully very soon we will see you all back and having a surf with UP2U again.

Take care,
Paul and the crew from UP2U Surf School Bali.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My 14 year old daughter had 3 days lessons with up2u in february and had a great experience. Pick up was very professional perfectly on time from our hotel (unlike some other tours we arranged in Bali) and she was in a 'group' of 2 and managed to make some great progress with the excellent coaching she received. Would definitely use again next time we are back in Bali in fact the only problem is ow she is a surf addict after such a great experience.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
2  Thank Kilpa67
UP2USURFSCHOOLBALI, Owner at UP2U Surf School Bali, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Hey there Kilpa,

Hope everything is well! We would just like to thank you for your review we do really appreciate it!

We do realize that after safety customer care and service is very important and is an essential part to UP2U Surf School.

Your daughter was very amazing she was definitely the best student that day and she was surfing very well and was definitely having the time of her life!

As soon as she finished the lesson she said with a huge smile that she wanted to surf more so yes we all knew that she was addicted.

If you do return do Bali you will always be welcome to visit UP2U it will be great to she her surfing again.

Take care,
Paul and the crew from UP2U Surf School Bali.