“Great Surf Lessons”

UP2U Surf School Bali
Ranked #1 of 54 Tours in Legian
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: # 40% CHEAPER # Very Affordable # Great Fun For Everyone # Level 3 certified surf coaches # Surf Lessons and guiding # Safe and friendly environment # Professional facilities and equipment. UP2U Surf School Bali is owned and run by Australian professional surfers our aim is to teach you the awesome sport of surfing whilst providing professional services, facilities and equipment in a safe environment this guarantee's your Bali surf lesson’s and guiding will be amazing and something to always remember. UP2U cater's for all levels of surfing from beginners to advanced surfers and invite you to learn the awesome sport of surfing in a safe, fun and relaxing environment. For more details click the 'WEBSITE' link on this page. Wanna Go For Surf - IT's UP2U
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Our family of 4 had three great days of surfing with UP2U. After shopping around the many surf schools and instructors in Legian, we went with Aussie Paul for his understanding of our needs, competitive prices, and friendly service. We wanted someone who was first and foremost concerned about safety; the rip tides at Legian can be strong, and Paul dedicated several of his instructors to look after our group. Our family (me, my wife, and two boys ages 11 and 8) are at various levels of experience and comfort in the water, and we were pleased with the individual attention given to us all. Paul himself worked with me and my wife, and we appreciated his efforts to get us using all of our senses to understand and get onto the waves. He really wanted us up as soon as possible, and we were all able to surf independently after just two days of lessons (1.5 hours each). Paul was very encouraging and even let us use the boards on our own for day number three. Lots of personal care and attention from everyone in his office... he runs a quality program that we're certainly glad we found. We highly recommend this surf school for other newcomers to surfing and for families looking to have a great time together.

UP2USURFSCHOOLBALI, Owner at UP2U Surf School Bali, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your great review!

It was awesome seeing your family coming into the surf school with all the boys you where definitely one of the most excited families to surf with UP2U Surf School Bali.

We do understand that many families who have many children need to look after the budget that’s why we try to give a good discount.

Our aim is to teach people how to surf and that is enough reward for us here at UP2U!

Safety is our number one concern at the surf school and we map out all our classes to make sure that it’s safe to surf if it’s not we just won’t teach we don’t want anyone to get hurt whilst on their Bali holiday this is why we put in more instructors especially if there are children in the class.

It was my pleasure to individually teach you and your wife you both where very quick to learn and it was easy teaching you surfing you should try to practice more you have it for surfing.

We do rent boards to our guests because we like to encourage people to try surfing on their own we can only teach so much so surfing on your own irons out those little bugs that we can’t get rid of.

We all hope you come back to Bali and we can all go out for a surf again.

Say hello to the family from all of us at UP2U Surf School your always welcome!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Me and my husband wanted to go surfing for the first time.
Because of the great reviews on Tripadvisor we went to UP2U.

What a great expierence, it was even more fun then we thought!
The teathers were very friendly and expierenced.
We were able to stand up the first lesson so we were very satisfied.
And the photographer took some great pictures!

We came back a couple of days later to rent a board, and they gave us advise in the water when they were teaching another group. They really want to help you!

When we come to Bali the next time we will definetly come back!
We miss surfing already...

Thanks guys!

John & Laura

UP2USURFSCHOOLBALI, Owner at UP2U Surf School Bali, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Hi Laura and John,

Just like to thank you for your review it’s great!

Surfing is amazing and our guests do have so much fun our motto is ‘standing and smiles’ and you both did plenty f that!

Our staff are great they know what they are doing and have many years experience working in other surf schools and this shows in how quickly everyone stands up and surfs in our lessons.

The photographer has many years experience not only in photography but also surfing so he knows what your going to do before and snaps some amazing pictures

We do rent boards and give the same time to the rental people as the surf lessons and I ask my instructors to watch everyone so we know it’s safe

We hope you do come back to Bali we definitely would like to have another surf session with you again.
We miss surfing already.

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Our family of 5 took a beginners class with up2u surf school. The owner and instructors made us feel very safe by taking it slow an had plenty of instructors on site to be able to help out everyone during our lesson. The beginners beach was easy enough for our 10, 11, 13 year kids to ride the waves easily within the first few tries.

They have an easy access office on the beach with showers for easy clean up at the end of the day.

We coordinated the lesson quickly and easily via email. They sent a safe driver to our villa to pick us up and return.

What an easy and great day, thanks Paul an gang!!

UP2USURFSCHOOLBALI, Owner at UP2U Surf School Bali, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Hi Al,
Hope your very well and thank you for your awesome review.

We do get allot of families surfing with UP2U Surf School Bali because when we have children in the surf classes we always use more instructors this provides allot more safety for the kids and lets the adults learn to surf knowing that their little ones are safe.

In regards to coordination and communication I try to respond immediately I know that people who visit Bali have many things they want to see and do and don’t want to be waiting too long for an answer.

I normally have everything organised in 30 minutes that way people can then sort out their schedules.

Well, I really hope you all come back for another surf it was fun and your family surfed very well

Paul and the crew from UP2U

Reviewed March 29, 2013

First time surfer and I booked a lesson with this school. Paul the owner was very easy to get along with and explained the process thoroughly. They balanced the location and timing of the lesson to the capabilities of the group. The theory was well presented by a very experienced instructor. I had no safety concerns as everything was in a controlled environment. Water, showers and a rest break during the practical component was offered.
I would like to say that there are other "schools" in Bali that do not operate legally and you could be putting yourself at risk. UP2U is not one of them and I would thoroughly recommend them.

UP2USURFSCHOOLBALI, Owner at UP2U Surf School Bali, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Hi guys how are you well I hope,

Thanks so much for your review we really appreciate it!

It was awesome to see you both come and have a surf with UP2U Surf School Bali!

You both where excellent surfers and your smiles definitely showed you had a great time at the surf school.

We are very, very careful about setting the surf times we try our best to make sure that the conditions you get are safe for you also these times allow us to confidently teach you how to surf.

Unlike most other schools where do all our practicals on the beach we think sitting in a class room and watching surfing on tv does not strike home the message of surfing!

We find that by doing the practicals on the beach you get a real feel for what’s going on and seeing real waves, hearing real waves and being on the beach checking out the surf is the real deal and the practicals make more sense!

We hope you return to Bali really soon again it would be awesome to surf with you again.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

UP2U is an excellent choice to learn surfing for first-timers like myself. I came to Bali on March 19-24 specifically for this purpose and was not disappointed either by the weather or the school. First, UP2U is the most responsive among all other schools. I had contacted many surfing schools before I came to Bali and UP2U had gotten back to me right away with the most detailed and clear answers to my questions. Second, the school is quite small, almost feels like a family business. They don't take too many students and the student-to-instructor ratio is 2-3, which gives every student enough quality coaching time. I personally had private classes and clearly progressed over the 4 day course. Third, Paul, the owner of the school, pays attention to safety and will not expose rookie surfers to dangerous weather conditions. Fourth, prices are very competitive. UP2U offered me the best deal among the schools I managed to talk to. Finally, all instructors are fun, friendly and speak good English. Go to UP2U, you will not regret it.

UP2USURFSCHOOLBALI, Owner at UP2U Surf School Bali, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Hi Elena,

Thanks so much for your review!

We try to answer our e-mails ASAP we do appreciate that people can be busy so great communication is what we pride ourselves on.

Our office is not big but our hearts are definitely huge. We don’t like doing huge classes because of the risks that can be present we like to make 10 people to a class that way it’s safe the ocean can change in a blink of an eye so we have to respect her immensely! So limiting the numbers in the class helps keep our guest nice and safe also they actually do get to learn to surf. When I see other schools doing a surf lesson I wonder if it’s the money that is driving them??

Our prices are definitely very competitive we love surfing and we just want to show people how awesome it is!

Well Elena we do hope you come back one day and have another surf with UP2U it was nice to see you walk into the office every day and it was even more satisfying to see you progress quickly your pictures and videos are great!

Paul and the crew from UP2U