“Low key, excellent instruction”

UP2U Surf School Bali
Ranked #1 of 47 Tours in Legian
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: # 40% CHEAPER # Very Affordable # Great Fun For Everyone # Level 3 certified surf coaches # Surf Lessons and guiding # Safe and friendly environment # Professional facilities and equipment. UP2U Surf School Bali is owned and run by Australian professional surfers our aim is to teach you the awesome sport of surfing whilst providing professional services, facilities and equipment in a safe environment this guarantee's your Bali surf lesson’s and guiding will be amazing and something to always remember. UP2U cater's for all levels of surfing from beginners to advanced surfers and invite you to learn the awesome sport of surfing in a safe, fun and relaxing environment. For more details click the 'WEBSITE' link on this page. Wanna Go For Surf - IT's UP2U
Shanghai, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Low key, excellent instruction”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Had no idea what to expect when I booked a 5 day beginner's course with up2u. I'd never really been surfing before and had no idea what the difficulty level would be. By the time I'd finished my 5 days of lessons, I was standing up on the board and was regularly able to catch what Paul called "green waves". It was very satisfying to learn how to surf and I felt that the course really gave me the fundamentals I need to continue to develop my skill in the future.

What I particularly liked about the course was that there was hardly any "pre-set" curriculum to follow outside of basic fundamentals. Instead, Paul and his team of instructors use photos taken of you each day to assess what you're doing right/wrong and help correct you on your feet position/technique/etc... I enjoyed this style of lesson and I'd imagine many others would as well. Very low key school with friendly staff all around.

Well at the end of my trip, my body is aching and I've got plenty of cuts and bruises, but I can surf now thanks to up2u. Wish I could rest up for a few days, then take another set of 5 courses. Highly recommended.

Visited February 2013
UP2USURFSCHOOLBALI, Owner at UP2U Surf School Bali, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Hi there Bob,

Thank you for your great review!

It was a pleasure having you surfing with us here at UP2U Surf School Bali the five days of surfing you had was awesome and you had some very good conditions and your pics! Great!
We do have many techniques on how to teach our guests how to surf and using pictures, videos and on the spot advice really does help hit home what people may not be doing right.

Surfing can be difficult but we try to show people how to do correct board handling and wave identification doing this helps people stay aware and also conserves energy for catching and riding waves.

By the end of the course it was great to see you catching green waves and you definitely are at a level now and you can go for a surf anywhere.

We hope you come back to Bali again and if so please feel free to come and say hallo and go for another surf.

Take care mate,

• Slovak first
Singapore, Singapore
“Strongly recommend Up2U”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I was in Bali from 9 to 13 February 2013. I went to Bali specifically to learn surfing. After some research I chose Up2U and I can confidently say that I do not regret my decision at all.

Paul is an excellent guy, the prices are very fair and I had a great time and even learned how to surf!

Fundamentally, Paul means well. He loves surfing and he really wants you to learn surfing while you are there. That's exactly what happened. Paul surfs with you every day and does not leave it only to locals to run the show.

Overall, I strongly recommend using Up2U.

Visited February 2013
UP2USURFSCHOOLBALI, Owner at UP2U Surf School Bali, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Hello Claudio,

Thank you for your great review!

We had great fun surfing with you some of your pic’s where so unreal and your smile was one of the biggest we have had here at UP2U.

Watching you learn to surf was great and some of those green waves you where catching were fantastic!! The pic of you riding the wave while you on your back was hilarious I have had a look at it a few times and it cracks me up still.

I do still teach in the water it’s not that I don’t have good instructors I do it’s just I love to surf and to teach it I get allot of satisfaction knowing people are having a great time – as we say at UP2U Surf School ‘Standing and Smiles’!

I hope we see you again mate it would be great to have a paddle with you again.

Take care bro,
Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
“Great first surf experience!”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

After staying in Bali for 2 weeks I wanted to end my last few day's surfing.
As I've never surfed before I was looking for a surfschool who could teach me the basics.
Walking down Legian beach I accidentally came across UP2U surf school and was friendly welcomed by the owner Paul. We made an appointment next morning for a 2 hour beginners surf lesson. I had an awesome experience and a great time and can recommend anyone staying near Kuta, Legian or Seminyak to take some lessons at Up2U Surf School. I would definitely come back the next time when i'm in Bali. Paul is a very honest man trying to do the things he likes most and that's surfing and teaching people to surf. He even gave me some free advise when I came back to rent a surfboard. Paul, I wish you and your team all the best and will see you next time around.

Best Regards,
Oun Thorn

Visited February 2013
UP2USURFSCHOOLBALI, Owner at UP2U Surf School Bali, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Hi Mr Thorn hope you are well,

Thanks for your great review mate we appreciate your feedback.

Surfing is the best! And I do love it and getting in the water and having a surf with my guests I definately have the best job in the world!!!!

I want everyone to know what a great sport it is!!

It was great having you surf with you at UP2U Surf School Bali and to see you come back again and rent boards was an indication that you like surfing!

If you are ever back in Bali pop on in and have another surf it will be awesome to see you again.

Take care,
Paul and the crew from UP2U Surf School Bali
“Very good feedback from all my guests!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Hi everybody,

I am very happy to give this surf school a excellent rating.
After I get the chance to learn surfing here in UP2U I recommended it to all the guest of the villas I am managing. All their feedback is great and I heard guest come back now to them regularly.

It is hard to recommend here on Bali the most things as the most places not keep their standards but in this case I am sure the team of Up2U is performing very professional through out the time I am sending my guests there.

I wish you guys from Up2U all the best for your future, thank you for your help giving my guests a perfect holiday experience!

Cheers

Chris

Visited April 2012
UP2USURFSCHOOLBALI, Owner at UP2U Surf School Bali, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Hello Chris,

Hope you are well and thank you for your great review. It was great to see you try surfing and the picture of you standing up on your first was awesome you looked so surprised.

We also would like to thank you for referring all your guests from the Villas you manage to UP2U Surf School Bali they have all said they loved surfing and hope to try it again.

We do pride ourselves with our high standard of professionalism and yes you are right there are many things in Bali that look great on the internet and brochure but when you get there it’s normally a different story this is why I help teach the surf classes and keep my surf instructors trained in the latest international surfing techniques.

Please pop down to the surf school for another surf it will nice to see you and the family again.

Take care yah,
Paul and the crew from UP2U Surf School Bali.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great Experience”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Me and my girlfriend really enjoyed learning to surf with Paul. He's a great teacher, and goes into a lot of detail. He doesn't just try to get you standing on the day, he goes further than that by teaching you to be able to continue surfing on your own safely. We got some great photos, and they used the photos to teach you better positioning on the board. Would definitely recommend UP2U to any friends visiting Bali. We look forward to the summer in the UK where we will give surfing a go in Cornwall :-)

Visited January 2013
UP2USURFSCHOOLBALI, Owner at UP2U Surf School Bali, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Hi Mr Ben,

Mate thanks for the awesome review we really appreciate it!

At UP2U Surf School Bali we try to teach you how the ocean works something that is vital to surfing. Learning about rips or currents, channel identification, wave selection is some of the key points I try to show our guests not only does it help them surf safely but also makes our surfing guests more aware when safing and what to look out for.

You both where very good surfers and keep it up hope the surf in Cornwell is great (brrrrr a little cold I would think)

If you are in Bali again please pop in and say hello to us it would be great to see you again.

Take care yeah,