UP2U Surf School Bali
Ranked #1 of 47 Tours in Legian
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: # 40% CHEAPER # Very Affordable # Great Fun For Everyone # Level 3 certified surf coaches # Surf Lessons and guiding # Safe and friendly environment # Professional facilities and equipment. UP2U Surf School Bali is owned and run by Australian professional surfers our aim is to teach you the awesome sport of surfing whilst providing professional services, facilities and equipment in a safe environment this guarantee's your Bali surf lesson’s and guiding will be amazing and something to always remember. UP2U cater's for all levels of surfing from beginners to advanced surfers and invite you to learn the awesome sport of surfing in a safe, fun and relaxing environment. For more details click the 'WEBSITE' link on this page. Wanna Go For Surf - IT's UP2U
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I was looking for a family surfing lesson and I emailed several surfing schools. Up2U were the first to reply and where the friendliest to deal with. Paul and the team at up2u were all fantastic.
We had two instructors to a family of four. We had instructions on the beach before we all got into the water. My daughter was up and surfing by about her second wave and my son very soon after. They even had me standing up and surfing after a few waves. My wife took a little longer and the instructors noticed that she was finding it difficult. One of the instructors took her back to the beach and spent one-oo-one time with her changing and correcting her stance. And to all of our surprise, including my wife, she was up surfing.
It was a great experience and ones the kids keep talking about. They were so keen we went back the next day to hire the boards from up2u. Paul was friendly and knowledgeable about all things surfing and Bali. He even took time out of his day to look up tide and swell times and emailed them to me to let me know when it would be the best times for a family to surf.
If you are a beginner or an experienced surfer I can recommend Up2U, they are a fantastic group to deal with and you wont be disappointed.

Visited September 2012
3 Thank Giovanni210
UP2USURFSCHOOLBALI, Owner at UP2U Surf School Bali, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Hi there mate,

It was a very awesome day you had when surfing with UP2U

Great waves, huge smiles and heaps of standups it was a great feeling

Hope the trip home was good and hopefully we will see you once more

Kindest regards,

• Slovak first
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great school, very nice location”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Paul and Dana helped did a fantastic job teaching a complete newbie !!
We had a two day introduction and it was terrific. Great people, location and classes. I will bring my 71/2 year old daughter for lessons next !!
Greatly recommended !

Visited July 2012
2 Thank vinni f
UP2USURFSCHOOLBALI, Owner at UP2U Surf School Bali, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Hi there,

It was awesome you all had a surf with us and we hope that you will come again.

Take care :-)
The crew from UP2U
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Nice surf instructor from Australia”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

It was the first time me and my friend did surfing. Paul was our instructor. He explained clearly the basics of surfing and we managed to catch a wave couple of times :-) In the end Paul recommended us a place to eat proper Australian steaks.

2 Thank Dmitry08

Thank you so much for having a surf with us at UP2U

Lol and surfing does give you a big appetite and I'm sure those steaks filled to spot

Please come back and I probably come for a feed with you too

All the best
Paul :-)
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I recently had some private lessons at Up2u while on a holiday in Bali, and was very happy with the experience.

Prior to surfing in Bali I hadn't been on a board in 20 years, so I started at the beginner stage and the instructor got me up very quickly with a combination of beach and water instruction.

For my second lesson they challenged me a bit more and I was really happy to be surfing some 'green' waves.

The private lessons are really good value at around IDR500,000/AUD52.

I thoroughly recommend Up2u, and my best tip is to have at least 2-3 lessons to really start to get the enjoyment out of surfing.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Will F
Hi Will,

Thanks for the great reveiw mate

You did surprise us with your surfing skills and if been 20 years since your last surf maaaate you would of rippped 'in the day' hehehe

Our instructor had an awesome time teaching you and said he likes the 'easy jobs'

Mate come back next year I think a surf trip would be for you

All the best
Paul and the crew from UP2U
London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Excellent, sweet lesson, good location”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We took the surfing lessons after checking online, we paid 70 US dollars for 2 people for 2 hours, so good value for money there, the instructor was actually the owner!, we were lucky there, he was very helpful, very experienced and very understanding, it took me forever to manage to stand up on the board, but he never got desperate or anything, he kept explaining calmly how to approach the wave, my wife had better luck as she learned quicker and was able to do much of the rest of the lesson on her own :), the pickup was on time, the office, showers and changing area was very clean and overall the entire service and experience was great.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank AndresitoJimenez
Hi there,

Awesome reveiw thanks so much we appreciate it.

It was so nice to have you both have a surf with us.

If you come back again we will be stoked.

Take easy