“Best fish & chips”

Cuisines: Indonesian, Australian, International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Well just out the back of the Padma resort is a very clean & fresh little restaurant
Excellent staff & the cleanest toilets we'd ever seen ....
The food is simple & excellent value for money & the beer is very cold
Highly recommend

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We ate here 4 times in recent visit to Bali in May 2013. Had read reviews and wanted to go on previous visits but ran out of time. So glad we did this time. Restaurant is located virtually directly opposite the rear staff entrance to the Padma Hotel in Legian, opposite the CBA ATM and about 6 doors or so along from Posers Bar on the corner. We came here initially for a quick late lunch as had been shopping nearby. Had the coldest Bintang we had all trip and I’m not usually a beer drinker. My husband had the garlic prawns for approx AUD$6 and they were so good that I ordered a plate as well. They were cooked exactly as they should be, BBQ in the shell with garlic & light oil and herb dressing, cooked to perfection and so simple. Could not believe the quality & amount of prawns for the price. They were so fresh. We found out later they have their seafood delivered fresh every day from Jimbaran Bay – an Aussie Guy owns the restaurant. We even left a fine dining restaurant in Seminyak one night after really poor entrees and jumped in a cab back here so we could have the prawns and a bottle of their Rolf Binder Aust Chardonnay which was so reasonably priced by Bali standards and similar price to the local Balinese wine which isn’t great.

One lunch my 10 year old daughter had the ham & cheese baguette – it was great to have a choice of something fresh and healthy with no chips. Both leg ham & cheese were very high quality and the baguette was just perfect.

We also went the night the seafood buffet was on. I didn’t have the buffet but stuck with the garlic prawns – I just couldn’t go past them. My husband had the buffet and said it was fine, nothing sensational although he did like the tuna steaks. The place was packed this night but I’m not a buffet fan, except for breakfast. I think if you order off the menu you won’t be disappointed. I understand menu is to change soon under new Manager but I hope they keep the garlic prawns.

The staff, one waiter in particular was fantastic.

The place is spotless and the toilets, as other reviewers have said, have to be seen to be believed and they even have air con – such a find in Bali and handy to know when shopping locally! We’ll be back for sure!

1  Thank OPHELIASydney
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We possibly chose a bad night to go to this restaurant, however that does not excuse everything! There was a seafood buffet on that night, however because quite a number of other people in there had already ordered that, no one in our party were allowed to order it. the service was slow, a number of the meals were cold and it was generally disappointing. Funny thing was every night after that when we passed, it was empty!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Nearly walked out due to limited menu but decided to stay and give it a try. We had the seafood pasta and it was delicious. The food was well priced, the place was immaculate and the staff attentive. Definitely worth a visit!!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

as well as the 5 star Ladies Loo,
the staff are honest & friendly,
the food is great.
and the whole place is super clean.

1  Thank Bali_cat_19