Surya Mas Villa
Excellent 5/5
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsoutdoor bathroomprivate poolbed villamini martmain poolon arrivalwould definitely stay here againairportprivacykitchenetteseminyakaccommodationloungers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed in the garden view villa for four nights. The staff are very friendly and welcoming. We booked the older style villa as our stay was over the new year period and we booked very late so we did have many options when it came to rooms or villas. Our upstairs main bedroom only had cold water. The hot water tap was snapped off the wall leaving a broken tap. I did request to the staff we needed it fixed but three days later we had to share the down stairs shower with my mother. That wasn't a big issue but when you pay decent room rates over the holiday period I do expect to have all the options of the room that were advertised. We also didn't have any tea or coffee in the rooms which I found disappointing. I feel that these issues are laying within the higher management. The front office staff take the brunt of peoples complaints that are far beyond their control. A word for the Management, you have some lovely staff working in your establishment which made our stay, give them the tools to do the job properly. I have no problems recommending good hotels but I feel you need to look at the little things to make your guest stay a little more comfortable.

Room Tip: Fellow holiday makers!! I would recommend a newly refurbished villa with out the garden view!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BrookeChook
Feby P, Owner at Surya Mas Villa, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Hi Brooke,
thank you for the review. We are very sorry for about the hot water. My staff forgot to mention that hot water available only in downstairs bathroom. But we are now have fix this problem an have hot water in both bathroom.
Thank you for the advise and suggestions for the management. We need it from our guests, so we can provide better and best service in the future.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Me and my Japanese wife recently had a wonderful stay here! Staff was extremely friendly. Feby was extremely helpful before and after our visit to Bali arranging our transportation to/from the airport.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank demax182

Thank you for the nice review! We are glad that you enjoy your stay at our villa.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Stayed - August 2012. Travelling is Mum, Dad & 16yr Daughter. Booked through Agoda. No problems with booking. Hotel airport transfer was good. Private car with driver displaying our names. Transfer cost was included.

We stayed here at the end of a big trip that took us to 3 countries. The trip was to celebrate my birthday and our wedding anniversary.
The villa was great. Feby and the staff were awesome! Nothing was too much trouble.
Communication was excellent and all my emails were quickly answered. They happily arranged a BBQ for us to hire so we could have a small party at the villa with our Bali friends. Loved the outdoor bathroom! Villa pool was in the shade all day so too cold for us but our Bali friend’s children made use of it. Location is good and with a short taxi ride you are in the heart of Kuta. There is a lovely hair salon / spa, a fabulous restaurant and a mini mart on the doorstep.
Would happily stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for the support and great review.
We will rearrange some of the trees around the pool so it gets more sun.
Thanks again and I hope I will see you again soon.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

It was my first trip to Bali where I planned to stay for one month to spend time with my family. Feby and her staff made our stay wonderful at the two villas we rented. The pool is great for a swim and around the pool is lovely to soak up the sun while reading or having a chilled drink. Everything that we asked for was provided without any hesitation.

Its calm and peaceful in the villas and the interior is very traditional Balinese style.

Highly recommend this place to make your Bali holiday a beautiful experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Hi Neesha,
thank you for the great review! I hope you and family can back to Bali and stay again with us in Surya Mas.

Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

We just spent 10 wonderful days staying at SuryaMas villas. Feby and all of her staff are so friendly, anything you need just ask Feby! Feby arranged for all of us (two families) to be picked up from the airport and also dropped back on our last day. The villa's are superb, authentic Balinese style but also clean, comfortable and beautiful! It is tucked down a little driveway off the main st of legian with shopping at your front door and a ten minute walk to beach. We had a villa with a pool which was just Devine but there is also a lovely big pool for all guests to use also. At the end of the driveway is a great bar called Aglioolio which has superb food and beautiful staff. We will really miss Feby and all of her staff. They made our first stay in Bali a beautiful one and we will miss them all! We will be back next year!

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Rachel M
Feby P, Owner at Surya Mas Villa, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Hi Rachel,
thank you for the support and great review! We all miss you and looking forward to see you all again.

Villa Surya Mas