“I hoped for better”

Sang Ria Grill Bali
Ranked #17 of 231 Restaurants in Legian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The name Sang Ria means the joyful one in Indonesian. We will do everything in our power for you to have a joyful dining experience at Sang Ria. Our signature dish are the baby back pork ribs served with your choice of roast or mash potatoes. Accompanied with a secret home made sauce, salad served with a French balsamic dressing. They claim that there are the best, but we let you be the judge. Our menu will delight you with a good variety of salads, soups, curries, fish, steaks, chicken, pork chop, and much more. We also have a sophisticated vegetarian menu and last but not least our Italian style Teramitsu has raised a few eyebrows.Set in a typical Balinesse garden setting you will enjoy sitting in a open garden listening to classical guitar and the sound of streaming water from our water fall. It would be a honor to have and serve you. S.R management.
Almaty, Kazakhstan
“I hoped for better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

Grilled king prawns were real good. Soups and salads were perfect, but grilled Pork ribs were disapointing. Looked like they were boiled for several hours, then grilled for 1-2 mins and served. So the fat didn't go away thus there were so much grease...
Service was very good though, so we were happy enough after all

• Visited February 2013
wayan85, Owner at Sang Ria Grill Bali, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear guest thank you for your time to comment. I dont know what happend but for them to be fat is strange has compare to other venues ours are considerd tender not fat and most important not dry. Cookt anymore they would be to dry thus not perfect. There are 100 different ways of cocking them and everyone has there own style. After long rechears and work towards perfecting them we are pretty pleased with the way they are and most important we listen to what our clients say about them and people say they are the best. I hope you will visit us again after doing a rib safary and maybe you mhyt change your mind. Again thank you and so sorry that the ribs were not to your expectation. Yours sincerely S.R.

• Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Seminyak
“Nice ribs not so nice rats”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

We visited this place after reading great reviews. The restaurant is set amongst lush gardens and is very pretty. We ordered the ribs which were very tasty and the little potatoes were delicious. Unfortunately the lush gardens also attracted rats of which we saw 3 of during our time there, one even was under a table where people were eating, I live in Bali so understand that rats are a common problem but I was still put off by our furry visitors. Whilst the service and food was good I'm not sure I'd go back.

• Visited January 2013
wayan85, Owner at Sang Ria Grill Bali, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear guest so happy that you liked our food. Has a restaurant owner we are very aware of the danger of rats or mice in a restaurant or any other pest. Hygiene is the most important issue in this businesse and for us to not take this very seriously would be totaly irresponsable. I need to explain to you that what you have seen in our garden are Asian house shrew. Look it up on the internet it will explain to you exactly what they are. They are from the mole family they are blind and only stay on the ground and eat insects. We have thought of killing the poor things has everyone mistakes them for rats or mice but I haven't had the heart to do so has they are totaly harmless. We are going to print a little pamflet with the explanation for our guest printed from the internet. We can assure you that our restaurant is rat and mice free has we are very diligent in our pest control and hygiene. The asian house shrew is nick name Henry.
Townsville, Australia
“Back again!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

We couldn't wait to go back to Sang Ria to enjoy their delicious menu and they certainly didn't disappoint!!
We were staying at the Jayakarta so it was only a short walk or scooter ride to Sang Ria, we were there for breakfasts, lunch and dinners as well!
The pancakes are still as huge and yummy as I remember, omelettes light & fluffy, and their salads always fresh and very tasty....and good coffee too.
My only constructive criticism would be that the Staff do not seem to be nearly as attentive as previous visits...some mornings when we arrived for breakfast we weren't even greeted - so we would find our own table, then had to ask Staff if we could place an order?
Didn't stop us from going back and we will look foward to visiting again soon!

• Visited January 2013
Williamstown, Victoria, Australia
“You can't go wrong...but you better book!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This restaurant is FANTASTIC!
We were in Bali for a month and I'm disappointed that we only discovered the place in our last week there!
Visited the resaurant twice and had their famous ribs twice.
Also worth a mention is their vegetarian kebab.
Loved it - recommend it highly

• Visited September 2012
Perth, Australia
“Great vibes and amazing food!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have eaten a number of times at Sang Ria and have taken friends there also! The menu choice, staff and owners are 10 out of 10. One evening I ordered one of my favourites "Pumpkin and Chickpea Curry" it happened to be a little spicy and I asked if they could do something to cool it down. They took it away and instead of bringing the same plate back, I was happily delighted to have received a brand new curry!! Friends and myself have eaten many things off the menu and highly recommend all!!Everything about this restaurant brings me back time and time again, defiantly my favourite place to eat in Bali with the chilled, happy and beautiful setting. See you very soon:-) Thank you for creating a space, not just to eat, but to have an experience of delightful happy vibes!!!

• Visited November 2012