“Nice place but lacking good customer service”

Garlic Lane Restaurant
Ranked #37 of 257 Restaurants in Legian
Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Went here on advice from Trip Advisor, but was a little disappointed. The food was ok & we received cold towels at the start, which was nice, but the customer service could have been better. Was a quiet time of day, so the staff were not busy, but when they weren't serving they were often sitting around on their mobile phones. They weren't very efficient, & when we asked for the dessert menu, we never got it & chose to leave instead!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

First day in Bali we were lucky to stop here for lunch. Food was great, service excellent and price great value. We will return.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

It was my first time to Bali. I had no idea where to go for food and was nervous about the food as I am prone to getting sick. I was told to go to Garlic Land Restaurant as the food is fresh, tasted great and is prepared in a clean and organised kitchen.
Off I went. The staff were beautiful and friendly. Willing to accommodate me in any way. The food was fantastic. Fresh and hot, served quickly and presented beautifully. After trying a couple of other places I went straight back to Garlic Lane Restaurant and stayed there for the rest of my holiday. By far the best dining experience in Bali.
The entire menu is great and the price even better. I highly recommend this place to anyone who is heading to Bali.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We absolutely loved eating at Garlic Lane Restaurant...... the food is fabulous (gnocchi with mushrooms and the baked one as well as the spaghetti with lobster, and the seafood kebabs). The staff are great. Quick and attentive service - Lee and Lou Lou are 100% amazing ladies. They run the Balinese owned restaurant brilliantly. All of the staff are Balinese and friendly. THe bathroom is clean and tidy which is some time hard to come by in Bali.
Garlic Lane restaurant is a must if you are stating in Legian. Jl. Sahadewa aka Garlic Lane, runs off Melasti Lane - the one that Sheppy's is on.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Excellent food great staff Garlic pyramid for entree awesome Bali platter for main bannana fritter for desert very cold bin tang excellent value