“Nice casual eatery”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“Nice casual eatery”
Reviewed February 24, 2012

We ate here twice based on trip advisor reviews. The food was great and the service was fast and friendly. We all highly recommend the meat lovers platter. Very generous serving sizes, almost enough for 2!
My brother was inquiring to the waitstaff about babi guling and they organized it for us 2 nights later. The pig itself was quite tasty but not amazing. I found it far too indulgent for myself and I'm a pretty big eater! There was some slight confusion regarding the extra sambals and condiments to accompany the pig but overall it was good dining experience. The older front of house lady was very attentive and jovial. Defiantly eat here again.

Visited February 2012
2 Thank AMP_1980

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Nice little restaurant”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

We were the only ones eating here at about 8pm at night which can be concerning but I had read good reviews on tripadvisor so we stopped in anyway. The atmosphere was a bit lacking so we asked for music and they put some on straight away. Anything we asked for they were straight onto. Fantastic service(of course we were the only diners though).

The food was very nice but my friends were a bit unimpressed by their lobster being the size of a large prawn and quite mushy. The rest of the pasta meals were yummy & the comlimentary brushetta was delicious!

They also had the coldest beers I have come across! Thats a big plus!

• Visited February 2012
Perth, Australia
“Must have had "im going to review this place on tripadvisor" tatooed on my forehead. Great service.”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Went there solo while my girlfriend got a massage at pips spa up the road.

Had a quick look at the shopfront menu and the owner (or owners wife) was quickly over to have a friendly chat and escort me into the restaurant. I sat on the first floor (as ground level was a bit too busy) where the majority of the dining tables were and where one other family were was eating.

The effort the wait staff went to was fantastic. It wasnt the "lets make your night a party" like sammys but whenever i needed anything they were promptly there. The only problem i had with the meal was i requested a bintang to come with my main, but had to remind the waiter after they delivered it. Aside from this they were so kind, they even offered me a serving of bruschetta on the house.

The food was very good. Entree was Seafood soup, with a generous serving of squid, prawns and fish in a light tomato and herb soup. Mains was a very generous platter ($13 AUD) which comprised of a whole fish, fish skewers (served on shallot), green beans, a tangy pork dish and chicken wings served with all the usual sauces. Very nice and almost a sharing dish.

The location is great, very easy to find. The decor is fantastic. Other then the floor tiles everything seems brand new and very contemporary. The upstairs area is semi enclosed allowing good views and an open feel.

Would definitely recommend this place, not the best, but not far off. More of a 4.5 than an excellent.

• Visited January 2012
3 Thank Phil H
“Must Try”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We went to Garlic Lane for dinner based on Tripadvisor reviews but also cause we like garlic :). I had the satay chicken and this was the best meal that I had during my stay. It is a really great little restaurant and the staff are really friendly and accommodating. My partner also really enjoyed his nasi goreng and the beers are cold!!! I also visited the bathroom and it was clean and tidy.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Sukotach
Melbourne, Australia
“you must try this resturant !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Great food, ate here a few times, all good. Cheap beer and Happy hour cocktails like Mojito's for 30,000rp, so cheap....

lou lou is a great host , very friendly and helpful, she even gave us 4 limes to with our vodka back at our hotel, bali Padma resort........

Must visit if in legian then have a massage at PIPS next corner up

• Visited September 2011