2,613 results
All reviews sky pool pool party rooftop restaurant legian street strategic location night life the ground floor busy street location is great standard room buffet breakfast welcome drink security skypool clubs bali nightlife
Reviewed February 16, 2014

A friend and I stayed at the 101 during early February 2014. When we arrived, the check in process was pretty straight forward and it was great to see the girl behind the front desk so cheery for the time of night we had turned up. It would have been nice if the bell hop had done his job and at least brought our bags upstairs for us from the taxi downstairs.

Anyway, our room was on level 2 which as others had pointed out is quiet. This couldn't be more accurate, you hear a bit of music on the Skypool party nights but nothing that stops you from sleeping. The rooms are smaller however that is their aim, its 3 stars so I wasn't expecting huge rooms but maybe a tad bigger in the bathrooms. If I had tried, I could have used the toilet, washed my hands and washed my feet in the shower without moving to be honest (terrible mental image, sorry).

The housekeeping staff were all very courteous and polite however, many seemed to hang around if you were in the room to fish for a tip from guests. Now, if they had held a reasonable conversation with myself or my friend who actually speaks indonesian, we probably would have but they didn't seem all that interested. This hotel wasn't exactly on the cheap so they should try get a raise rather than annoy guests by trying to get tips.

The Rooftop Breakfast was quite good. A good variety of food, both Western and Asian inspired dishes with a pretty good view from where people sit and eat. We stayed almost a week and on at least 3 of those days, they seemed to forget that we do like cutlery to eat our meals which was a little annoying but we came towards the end of service so we can't really complain.

The location is great, less than 300m up the road to the Memorial for the Sari Club and about 1km to a good number of clubs, bars and restaurants. Fantastic location for the hotel.

Even with its shortcomings, there is no doubt in my mind that I would definitely return. It was a great location, pretty good service and the rooms were great (even if a tad small). Not many people come to Bali to stay in their hotel rooms, they come to get out and experience the local scenery, whether that be the culture or the locals take on western culture, the 101 is there as a central hotel for it.

Room tip: If you want to reduce your noise in the room at night, level 2 was very quiet and peaceful. Also, just be careful of the mini mart across the street, a street vendor hangs out the front with a taser which does make him a little intimidating.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed February 14, 2014

great and strategic location with starbucks and atm centre downstairs.. but service is poor. I already put make up room sign on the door before I left, and 2 hours later when I came back,my room still messy,they didnt clean it up. it happened everyday (3days stay) so I have to ask them to clean my room while im waitinh in the pool side. room is too small also. the food are too pricey for 3 stars hotel.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Great location, nice and clean rooms with tv (they have HBO for all movie lovers out there). The pool was great and so was the rooftop area. This hotel does however target a younger crowd, but as long as you don't mind people between 18-30 years old you should be fine.

It was also cool that the hotel organised nights such as movie night (playing fairly new movies on a big screen up at the rooftop) and pool parties on Friday/Saturday nights.

Breakfast was amazing. Very nice
(my partner and I are both in our early 20s and stayed at the hotel for almost a week)

Room tip: If you want to get away from the noise, ask for a room on one of the lower floors. Our first room was on the 3rd floor (the pool floor) and there would be music playing every day from lunch to 6pm. (however, I manage a nightclub so I didn't mind it too much)
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kath M
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This hotel seems like it should be high class, but the only thing we really thought was somewhat special was the pool on the roof. They call it an infinity pool...but it's really just a shallow pool with a little peek-out section where you can admire...the roofs of Bali. We stayed here for 2 nights, the room was nice, but they really could have made the bathroom nicer(shower curtains really?) and cleaner.

Nonetheless we had a good time lounging next to the pool. The location is really great-right in the center of things. Walk to the beach is quite a distance, but when you stay here you really are very central, with loads of shopping and nice restaurants around. Just know that Kuta is the most touristy place I've been in my life. Very busy, and prepare to be annoyed by vendors every time you step outside.

What we didn't like: Our room was next to either a staff room or a very noisy group of friends (we're leaning towards staff room), and it was next

Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed February 7, 2014

This is the second time we were staying at The 1O1 Legian after reading the reviews from Tripadvisor.

The 1O1 Legian is located at the main street of Legian. Walking to Kuta beach is quite a distance but there are shops along the way. Right outside the hotel, there are cafes, shops and a mini mart across the street.

We had booked two rooms with inter-connecting rooms. When we arrived at noon, we were told that check in is at 3 pm, so we went for lunch nearby. When we returned to the reception at 3 pm, the rooms were not ready. We waited for another half an hour before I approached the reception counter again. I had to wait for some time before the keys were handed to us. As the hotel is fully booked, our two rooms were far apart which makes it very inconvenient as we were a family of four. However, the reception informed that we were able to change to an inter-connecting rooms for the next two nights.

Room – The rooms were small. I had kept my valuables in the safe deposit box before heading out. Upon my return, to my horror, I found the safe deposit box door ajar! I tried to lock the safe again and after a few seconds, the door opened on its own. It seems that the lock is faulty. There’s tea and coffee making facilities and comfortable beds. Free wifi is provided throughout the hotel.

Bathroom – The bathroom is really cramped. There was no hand soap dispenser near the sink as the holder was damaged. There was no dustbin in the bathroom either. The hot shower took some time to be heated up.

Breakfast – Breakfast is served outdoors at the fourth floor from 7 to 10 am. There is an egg station, pastries, pancakes on one day, and French toast the next. There is not so much variety of food. However, the menu changes on the days we were there, like different types of fried noodles, and roasted potatoes instead of baked beans.

As a conclusion, the location of The 1O1 Legian is superb. We would still choose this hotel if we visit Bali again.

• Trip type: Traveled with family