2,578 results
All reviewssky poolpool partyrooftop restaurantlegian streetstrategic locationnight lifethe ground floorlocation is greatbusy streetstandard roombuffet breakfastwelcome drinksecurityskypooltiwiclubsbali
Reviewed February 14, 2014

great and strategic location with starbucks and atm centre downstairs.. but service is poor. I already put make up room sign on the door before I left, and 2 hours later when I came back,my room still messy,they didnt clean it up. it happened everyday (3days stay) so I have to ask them to clean my room while im waitinh in the pool side. room is too small also. the food are too pricey for 3 stars hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Great location, nice and clean rooms with tv (they have HBO for all movie lovers out there). The pool was great and so was the rooftop area. This hotel does however target a younger crowd, but as long as you don't mind people between 18-30 years old you should be fine.

It was also cool that the hotel organised nights such as movie night (playing fairly new movies on a big screen up at the rooftop) and pool parties on Friday/Saturday nights.

Breakfast was amazing. Very nice
(my partner and I are both in our early 20s and stayed at the hotel for almost a week)

Room Tip: If you want to get away from the noise, ask for a room on one of the lower floors. Our first room was on the 3rd floor (the pool floor) and there would be music playing every day from lunch to 6pm. (however, I manage a nightclub so I didn't mind it too much)
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kath M
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This hotel seems like it should be high class, but the only thing we really thought was somewhat special was the pool on the roof. They call it an infinity pool...but it's really just a shallow pool with a little peek-out section where you can admire...the roofs of Bali. We stayed here for 2 nights, the room was nice, but they really could have made the bathroom nicer(shower curtains really?) and cleaner.

Nonetheless we had a good time lounging next to the pool. The location is really great-right in the center of things. Walk to the beach is quite a distance, but when you stay here you really are very central, with loads of shopping and nice restaurants around. Just know that Kuta is the most touristy place I've been in my life. Very busy, and prepare to be annoyed by vendors every time you step outside.

What we didn't like: Our room was next to either a staff room or a very noisy group of friends (we're leaning towards staff room), and it was next

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 7, 2014

This is the second time we were staying at The 1O1 Legian after reading the reviews from Tripadvisor.

The 1O1 Legian is located at the main street of Legian. Walking to Kuta beach is quite a distance but there are shops along the way. Right outside the hotel, there are cafes, shops and a mini mart across the street.

We had booked two rooms with inter-connecting rooms. When we arrived at noon, we were told that check in is at 3 pm, so we went for lunch nearby. When we returned to the reception at 3 pm, the rooms were not ready. We waited for another half an hour before I approached the reception counter again. I had to wait for some time before the keys were handed to us. As the hotel is fully booked, our two rooms were far apart which makes it very inconvenient as we were a family of four. However, the reception informed that we were able to change to an inter-connecting rooms for the next two nights.

Room – The rooms were small. I had kept my valuables in the safe deposit box before heading out. Upon my return, to my horror, I found the safe deposit box door ajar! I tried to lock the safe again and after a few seconds, the door opened on its own. It seems that the lock is faulty. There’s tea and coffee making facilities and comfortable beds. Free wifi is provided throughout the hotel.

Bathroom – The bathroom is really cramped. There was no hand soap dispenser near the sink as the holder was damaged. There was no dustbin in the bathroom either. The hot shower took some time to be heated up.

Breakfast – Breakfast is served outdoors at the fourth floor from 7 to 10 am. There is an egg station, pastries, pancakes on one day, and French toast the next. There is not so much variety of food. However, the menu changes on the days we were there, like different types of fried noodles, and roasted potatoes instead of baked beans.

As a conclusion, the location of The 1O1 Legian is superb. We would still choose this hotel if we visit Bali again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Excellent location. Easy to go around. A bit disaapointed with the space in the room that was originally allocated to us. However, the hotel staff did give us a complimentary upgrade to a balcony room. Very friendly staff who care about the guest & understand customer satisfaction.

Thank you for your hospitality & will definately recommend 101.

Room Tip: When booking a room please make sure you book the one with balcony or deluxe. The standard rooms are a bit squashy.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple