2,578 results
All reviewssky poolpool partyrooftop restaurantlegian streetstrategic locationnight lifethe ground floorlocation is greatbusy streetstandard roombuffet breakfastwelcome drinksecurityskypooltiwiclubsbali
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Its been so many times I experienced rooftop at the 1O1 Legian, I must say, I was truly impressed with the service and the hospitality, most of the staff are nice and helpful, they know how to serve the guest very well.

My last experienced was few days ago...we had a dinner with a family at the rooftop, at the first step on the restaurant, Mr Agung as the FnB manager greet us and welcoming us, and also the rest of the staff :), lucky us heheh, we ordered a a platter, healthy soup for appetizers, Famous Crispy Duck, and Sirloin Steak :) Yummy... then while we were waiting the food comes out, suddenly the the Chef "Raka" welcoming us and offer us a special dish which is not on a menu :), we are so excited... one word I'd love to said.. "Surprise Us!!"
Chef special dish is more into fusion, combination between Japanese, Chinese and local Balinese... it'was superb.. we enjoy the dinner that night and we felt so special that day, the rest of the menu was served fresh on the table, I enjoy every single bite we had.

The restaurant ambiance also amazing, we had the most beautiful sun set scene at the roof top, and made our day even perfect and left the restaurant felling lucky :)

Thank you The 1O1 Legian, Dewi Mas Bloem and Ferian Chung for shared us a good memorable experience, and I looking forward to return again :)

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank HendraOktaviano82
Reviewed March 17, 2012

My friend and I stayed here last June (2011), taking advantage of the grand opening specials.
There were a few hiccups due to being a new hotel, but I could not fault the friendly staff, and the delicious buffet breakfast :)
The rooftop pool is fabulous, and the rooms were tidy but very small for two people. That said, I dont tend to spend much time in my room when in Bali.
I would consider again for a night or two max.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank kiwi1074
Reviewed March 17, 2012

This had to have the 2nd worst hotel I have stayed in ever. We stayed there for 5 nights in January 2012 and I have to say the only good thing was the location it was right there in the hustle and bustle of it all but that's it.

Where do I begin, it started by the hotel staff leaving our bags on the street for about 10 mins and me waiting and watching and hoping no one will walk away with them and with hotel staff hanging around saying no one will take it yet neither of them were going willing to take it up to reception for me. At check in the hotel staff for friendly but not overly nice, they swiped the AMEX a few times and found it had been rejected, gaave them another card and everything was fin. Following on from the AMEX issue we called the card issuer and they said the hotel had put in the wrong number for the ccv 3 times...to me hotel staff should know the basics of where to find a ccv number on a AMEX differs to a VISA or Mastercard.

We were taken to our room and we were in the basement, no windows, no natural light, the room was sooooo tiny it was actually rather upsetting, I remember at one point I walked between the bed and the tv that hung on the wall and my elbow smacked into the wall and tv just caause of the sheer lack of space. The bathroom much worse, small, no shelving and no ventilation. In addition to all that I have mentioned this room was right underneath the breakfast area so first thing in the morning that wonderful sound of chairs being dragged across the floor, foot steps and music. It felt like we were bats for a night.

As this was all experienced on the 1st of 5 nights, my husband had to fix this as it was really very depressing and after much discussion and complaining we packed up our room and were moved to the floor above reception. This room was better than the 1st there was windows and natural light so no neccessary to have the lights on all the time and was much larger in size so no more elbow smacking on walls but as for the location of the room not much better, this one was located on top of the breakfast area with the entrance of our room overlooking the breakfast area so every morning noisy and to add the smell of eggs cooking wafting into the room in the early hours.

I don't want to keep harping on about the negatives but just to add a few more our room wasn't made up and we were out of the room for at least 6 hours and had the sign on the door and lastly there are just not enough tables available at breakfast so you are waiting around for someone to finish so you can have a table first of all and then you have to find someone to clean the table when you finally get one.

The hotel looks nice and is clean and new and flash but new isn't always best...this hotel has a lot to learn for me to recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor it more than likely will have a window.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank oz_traveller2011
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I am quite happy with this 3 days trips to Bali sometime in Jan 2012. It was great stay. For its class ,The Legian 101 almost have everything I need, staff were helpful and looks happy, service was excellent, beer were cold and fresh,and locations itself is great, easy access to get anywhere,it was take only 15minutes less to get there from airport, to find night life is just about 2-3 minutes walks, as well to shopping or to the beach , . Hotel Design amazing, Material they use for amenities are meet with the standard. It's a very clean hotel and well maintain,
The only thing I feel different was when I saw many tourists standing in the Free Internet Area, I suggest to put some stools to make them feel comfortable :)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank hery s
Reviewed March 3, 2012

hotel 101 is a great place to stay but be aware of the bed bugs, we had to change rooms....

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family