“Noisey”
Review of The ONE Legian

The ONE Legian
Ranked #35 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed September 22, 2011

The rooms on the top floor are very very noisey in the mornings from people moving there chairs etc while having breakfast at the restaurant on the roof. It is extremely noisey from 7.30 onwards.The bathrooms do not have bench space for your toiletries.

Room Tip: ASk for room below the third floor and not next to the passage doors that slam everytime people go t...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Legian101Bali, Management at The 1O1 Legian at The ONE Legian, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2011

Dear Mr./Mrs. Holidayhelper297733,

Greeting from The 1O1 Legian, a Smart Stylish Experience….

Thank you for taking your time to share your recent experience in staying with us on Trip Advisor. We do apologies for the inconvenience during your stay caused by several thinks at The 1O1 Legian.

We consider all comments to be an essential and important part of our ongoing efforts to maintain and improve product and service. We do hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Reviewed September 21, 2011

This hotel was within a 10 min walk from the beach and perfectly located to find great restaurants/nightlife. The room was very clean with an elegant bathroom and fabulous shower. The staff was superb! I ate something that did not agree with me right after arriving at the airport (not at the hotel) and became very sick. Within 30 min of informing the staff about my condition, they had a doctor and nurse in my room and dispensing the medications I needed. I was traveling alone and their prompt, accurate treatment was priceless. Besides that, they offered a large breakfast selection from a roof-top location with great views of the area. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo

Dear Mr. /Mrs. Nospleen,

Greeting from The 1O1 Legian, a Smart Stylish Experience….

It’s our pleasure to have you to stay with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you again to The 1O1 Legian.

Reviewed September 21, 2011

I decided to try this hotel out as they had a good deal on lastminute.com.au and the pictures looked nice. The hotel is new and the rooms are clean and well kitted out. I upgraded to a balcony room, but since i was overlooking jln legian it was so noisy most of the time i wasn't able to enjoy the balcony. There's no chairs on the balcony either :(.

The roof top pool was quite nice, with plnty of chairs, and the 4th level had more sun lounges and a nice dining area.

The downside of the hotel is the noise, from the street, venues nearby, and also inside the hotel. Fortunately the noise usually died down by around 11pm at night.

It's a reasonably convenient area - plenty of places to eat and convenience marts, along with massage etc. It took me around 15 mins to get to kuta beach - i like walking so that wasn't an issue for me.

Staff were friendly and generally smiling, and the house keeping always tidied the room up nicely.

I was fairly happy with the hotel, but probably wont stay again. It's not the best area to relax, and I suppose there are similar quality places to stay in seminyak that don't have the noise.

Room Tip: If you can, get a room that doesn't face jln legian.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo

Dear Mr. sydboy07,

Greeting from The 1O1 Legian, a Smart Stylish Experience….

Thank you for making The 1O1 Legian as your holiday destination of choice and for spending valuable time in providing us with feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

We do apologies for any inconvenience during your stay caused of the noisy area at our hotel and we really appreciate of your kind understanding for it.

Your feedback to The 1O1 Legian is highly appreciated and this become one of great opportunity for us to be more advanced in the future.

Reviewed September 19, 2011

When we tried to book, it said $70 per night, we booked for 2 nights, and when we realised our booking had been made for $290 for 2 nights, so the 2nd night must have cost us $220, possibly due to different season but here is what I found

PROS
Brand Spanking New Hotel
Pool is beautiful
Drinks at the poolside bar are great
A lot of helpful staff in the pool area
All staff in the hotel are very polite
Free Wifi in the lobby
Free Printer in the lobby
Breakfast is ok
Location is great in Jalan Legian

CONS
No room service menus, when they advertise room service
Movie channel was playing repeats of a pirated DVD
Noisy- you can hear everybody walking by your room like there was no door
Room was absolutely tiny at 18-19sqm
Toilet area is also tiny
Looks to be an unfinished hotel - eg the lock on the toilet door had the actual drop down snib device, BUT didn't have the snib catching hole dug into the frame!!!!

For $70 per night, I would give it 4 stars, for $220 per night, id give it 2 stars

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank losttravellerfromoz
Legian101Bali, Management at The ONE Legian, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2011

Dear Mr./ Mrs. Losttravellerfromoz,

Greeting The 101 Legian, a Smart Stylish Experience...

Thank you for making The 101 Legian as your holiday destination of choice and for spending you time providing us with feedback regarding your stay here with us.

We do apologize for all of the inconvenience experience that you had during stay with us and for annoying problem has been noted but there is always a shortage beyond our capabilities and we really appreciated of your constructive feedback which we will use as benchmark in improving our product and services.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you again to The 101 Legian.

Best regards

The 101 Legian

Reviewed September 18, 2011

this is the first ever trip my wife and i have gone overseas so we choose Bali Stayed at 101 Legian ...the staff were wonderful ,the food was great ,the room was very comfortable all up we will stay there every other trip we make to Bali again THE STAFF were the best friendly and helpful in every way 10 star service.we were known as mr kevin and miss catherine it was great they made you feel a million dollars.

Room Tip: third floor great spot close to rooftop restaraunt [4th floor] walk or lift if needed
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr. Kevin C,

Greeting from The 1O1 Legian, a Smart Stylish Experience….

It’s our pleasure to have you to stay with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you again to the 1O1 legian.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

My partner and I traveled through Southeast Asia for 6 weeks and this was my favourite hotel. The 101 feels like a boutique high-end hotel and for the price we paid through agoda, it was a steal. The staff are friendly and helpful. The lobby has 3 computers you can use for free, including a printer, which was helpful. The rooms are a bit small but spacial design was very functional. Due to the great location (it's in the middle of all the action) don't expect complete quiet - maybe some white noise from the city. The rooms decor is contemporary and light. The breakfast is varied and served on the lovely rooftop deck. A couple things that could be improved are the restaurant menu - it wasn't very extensive and the price was high I thought. Also the spa is in the basement and I could hear construction and people dragging furniture around during my massage, which wasn't peaceful. Also the pricing at the spa is high compared to what's offered in other places in the neighbourhood. We never used the gym but it looked great. We used Bali as our jumping off point to go to Ubud, the Gili Islands and to Labuan Bajo (to see Komodo Dragons) and stayed at the 101 three times and each time the service and experience was great and consistent. Overall, I loved this hotel and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr./Mrs. Pkpowerofone,

Greeting from The 1O1 legian, a Smart Stylish Experience….

Thank you very much for your comment and taking the time to give us feedback regarding to your stay at The1O1 legian. We do apologize for all of the inconvenience experience that you had during your stay with us here at The 1O1 legian.

Reviewed September 14, 2011

The 101 Legian Bali
re: Suitable for shortern stay or young traveller

I didn't planned to stay here but decide to look for the info of the hotel when i walked along Jl. Legian. After have a quick look of other traveller 's review here and noticed that the 101 has a last minute deal which is acceptable to me. I decided to book for my stay.

Overall:
The hotel is stylish & young by it's decoration & always have night music. They have live band at certain night of the week as well. The band sing really good. This is the reason i reckon it fit young & solo traveller. A good entertainment with quality. But may not fit people who prefer a quiet stay.

Advantages:

Location:
Really convinient, just on the street of Jl,. Legian.

Staff:
Really nice & friendly, you will always see their smiles & direct eye contact when ever you walk into their sight. Especially, the lovely girl, Yosefa, at reception counter who always help me check-in my room. I am so impressed that when i came to her second/third time and she can already remember my name. That made me feel so warm & welcoming in a way.

House keep:
They maintain the daily house clean really good, i noticed that they did moped the room when they do the daily house keeping. When ever i walked pass different venue of the hotel, i noticed they always doing the cleaning job like mopping in the Lobby area, use the water to clean the bamboo chair at the roof top restaurant. They really do the best to keep everywhere as clean as possible.

Welcome drinks;
Taste really refreshing to me, and inspire me a bit, i had one drink with the ingredient of mints, lime & ice smoothies. Now i know what i can do with all those mints from the garden. Never thoughts mints in the drinks taste so refreshing. =D

Buffet Breakfast:
Nice Roof top view & surprisingly no flies there. In other restaurant of Bali, i usually need to wave my hand to keep the flies away but not in the 101. However, not much option as a buffet , they serve Bread with toast machine, Homemade jam(taste Good to me, not too sweet), 4kinds of juices, fresh milk, cereal, Fried rice(this is quite inspired to me for my cooking as well), Fried Noodles Or Kwie Tiau Or Glass rice noodles, Salad & Frui & Egg station. I reckon the Egg station did a great job. I like the egg they cooked, just done, not over cook.

Wifi: This is really convinient to have free wifi, but u you need to check the login detail with the staff as they will change it every 2-3days. But it really handy to have free wifi access, the speed is quite good as well.

The Major Problem is;

Really Bad Sound proofed quality;
As quite a few traveller mentioned, You can always hear noise from the corridor, like people chatting, laughing or walk pass your room outside, or slaming the access door of that floor. I will say, better off choose the room at the far end of the corridor to avoid the live band music if you prefer to have a more quiet stay. I have stayed in the second room that close to the lift(Room 212), this is a room with a connecting door, i can easily heard the guest chating & laughing, flushing toilet or using hairdryer in Room211, which was really annoying especially when i was very tired that night. However, when i stay in the other room right at the end of the corridor(around Room 227 to 230), i feel much pleasant at night. I can still heard people who walked pass my room & their talking sound, but not as bad as those front room. As a deep sleeper, i also have problem during my first night stay but not anymore after i move to the other room.

The reason i moved to somewhere else;
At the last night of my stay, i heard a continuous loud knocking sound, whcih was knocking my neighbour door. He was being knocked off outside & not able to get in to grab money to buy drinks. So, he yelled really loud & kept knocking the door, which last for about 30minutes and this happened at mid-night. When there were such kind of inconsiderate traveller around you during your stay, they will just ruin everything, no matter how good is the hotel. But i guess, the hotel style did attract young traveller group, it quite easy to attract people who so keen to get drunk as well. I am not blaming the hotel. However, if the hotel can do something to improve their overall sound proof quality, i reckon this might be less annoying. At least block the gap between the door & door frame. I can see light get through the gap when i 've been forced to wake up at that night. I guess that's how the noise easy get in. In fact, the thin wall & wooden door won't help much to block the sound, but at least block the gap might still make a little bit different.

Room Tip: Avoid the room at the front which is close to the lift & access door of each level. Get the roo...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Pigathius C

Dear Mr. /Mrs. Pigathius,

Greeting from The 1O1 legian, a Smart Stylish Experience….

We have forward your concern about our room facilities and we really appreciate of your constructive room tips which we will use as benchmark in improving our product and services.
Thank you once again and we do hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.