“Good and Bad”

Ranked #36 of 63 Legian B&B and Inns
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Good and Bad”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We have recently stayed at the Gosyen for 4 nights. When we first arrived we hated it however it grows on you.
Bad points: bad location, horrible dirty bathroom, dirty bed sheets, building work right next to room (not really the hotels fault but there were plenty of empty rooms they could of moved us to when we asked).
Good points: good air con, good sized room, good pool and bar, nice friendly staff, big comfy bed.
This hotel is ok, but there are better hotels in better areas for the same price.

Room Tip: asked at reception about the speedy wifi, it works a lot better and is fast.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This hotel is near with kuta square and not really far from kuta or legian. Hotel staffs are friendly, they help us when we need to rent a motorcycle. The hotel also clean and satisfied. we liked to stay in this hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

I was stayed there for 2 nights. Nice furnished from the first entry.
Easy and simple check in. And the roon is also good and big (standard room).
Nice clean bed, comfy pillow and bathroom also good.
The only problem in our room is the aircon. We should wait for hour to feel it.
Breakfast also fine, not too many options. But, nice simple breakfast.
Location is far away from beach. This place is good for stay quite.

• Stayed May 2013
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We originally booked for 3 nights and ended up staying for 6. Hotel staff were very friendly and happy to help. Room was clean, bed comfy the only criticism would be that it was a bit dark, due to the tinted windows!
Nice pool and garden area for relaxing. Attached restaurant served good food at the usual tourist prices. Breakfast was slow on one morning, 40 minutes for pancakes and there was only one other table of people having breakfast!
Location is a walk from the main action but that was fine for us as enjoyed the walk and exploring. I believe there were free shuttle runs to the beach each day.
All in all a good hotel for the money and I would recommend to friends on a similar budget.

• Stayed April 2013
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed March 10, 2013

After three times visit, you always hope the hotel will be getting better and better. Not the case with Gosyen hotel. My last visit this month to this hotel was merely a disappointing. Obviously the hotel is not well managed, as I ask the staff why, he said there was a management change. Management change or not, it was not supposed to make everything decreased. The towel is dirty, the floor, window, TV, frames, are dusty. Seems they gave room which had been vacant for a quite while. The food are terrible, staff are grouping at the back at the garden, as they don't have much thing to do. The staff are not so friendly, some of them looked they're not there. It takes a long time to check in, much longer to check out. Definitely I won't come back again to this terrible place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which have not being vacant for a while.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank John Alen S

Travelers are raving about these Legian hotels

Reviewed January 27, 2013

The hotel itself is fine and the location convenient. The garden and pool are lovely and the staff friendly - from there it all goes downhill. They say wifi everywhere but room 201 where they first put me had no signal at all. I had to insist they switch me to another room as I need wifi - finally they moved me to 205 (closer to the garden so better wifi?) In both rooms there was dust and plastic wrappers under the beds and in the second room mosquitoes EVERYWHERE. I don't just mean alive mosquitoes they were also all over the walls mirrors and ceiling - I don't know who squished them and left them but it's ridiculous. The towels in the bathroom were so dirty it was appalling and when I found housekeeping (yes found) they gave me dirty towels again. When I took them back the lady huffed and puffed and gave me ANOTHER dirty towel. At this point I lost my cool and said for gods sake I want a clean towel and finally when I selected it myself I got a clean one. I'm leaving as soon as possible.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank MSLorenz
Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Positives ......... This place was great value for money, the bed was an extremely comfortable quality bed. The staff were fresh, friendly and courteous and the location was handy not far from the tourist strip but far enough away. Airconditioning new model split system very good, satllite tv + flat panel, monsoon shower also nice pool.

Negatives......... The breakfast Buffet (typical Indonesian Buffet rice, noodles etc.) Sadly this was served cold daily even after mentioning to staff they seemed to have an aversion to lighting the Metho Burners. Cold water in the shower, yes the Monsoon shower was nice "if and when" the water was not cold. After reporting to staff nothing happened. The pool was nice but it was the coldest pool in Bali which is a refreshing stamina testing experience.

Summary.......... I would stay there again and recommend this Hotel for those looking to be slightly away from the Tourist "Throng" who enjoy good honest value for money and a comfortable night sleep.

Room Tip: I had ground floor adjacent the swimming pool being only 31 rooms it is quite private next time I th...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ozmic
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Duo Legian Hotel
#117 of 338 in Kuta
The Harmony Legian
The Harmony Legian
#272 of 338 in Kuta

Been to Gosyen Hotel? Share your experiences!