“Love this place”
Review of The Smiling Frog

The Smiling Frog
Ranked #30 of 245 Restaurants in Legian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Great resturant in bali do hope you can do a new listing because it deserve,s te be on the list i think they have a face book site thanks
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Walking past my son spotted the cuddly frog and begged to eat here. Too be honest I was reluctant. But you know what it turnt out to be one of my fav evenings in kuta. So relaxed and the food was really nice. Garlic bread to die for.

There are newer reviews for The Smiling Frog

Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Had a really nice cheap meal here. Service very friendly, ate upstairs as cooler. It was happy hr cocktails were only 29000 amazing
Will return

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Definitely worth stopping in here to meet Alex and enjoy the good food combined with great service and cool music. Enjoyed large portions, great prices, fun place. Kudos to you all at Smiling Frog!

Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

The Smiling Frog gets the basics right, and that's where a lot of restaurants fail. I received excellent service, the food was very good and well presented. The restaurant was clean and had a comfortable, non-pretentious atmosphere.

We received a complimentary drink on arrival, and it continued with complimentary nuts served with my beer, and a pate and salsa entree plate.

I can't remember the last time the restauranteur took time out to meet the patrons, but we received a warm personal welcome from the owner, as did everyone else in the restaurant. A clear indication that he truly takes pride in his business, and cares for his patrons.

I would recommend this restaurant, and don't be put-off by it's location. The wifi was indeed available (upstairs only). The meals are extremely good value for money. But like a previous reviewer, the nachos were not quite what I had imagined in my Western palate.

Some small points of constructive criticism for the owner. The music selection needs a review, I didn't mind 50 Cent, but his song P.I.M.P. with 'mf' words thrown in, didn't really impress the American Bible-Belt family with kids next to us. And perhaps gets some semi-professional photos taken of the restaurant, because some of the other photos taken by reviewers don't really do you a good favour. Mine included.

Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Walking back from the beach. Stumbled across this place. Well from stepping in to stepping out we got treated like royalty first class. Cheap food is filling big portions too and that's rare. I had tuna melt came with fries and my other half had dreck sandwich again with fries. This place is a must. Well done smiling frog. Xx

Been to The Smiling Frog? Share your experiences!