“Surprisingly nice place”
Review of The Smiling Frog

The Smiling Frog
Ranked #37 of 260 Restaurants in Legian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Great resturant in bali do hope you can do a new listing because it deserve,s te be on the list i think they have a face book site thanks
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Surprisingly nice place for dinner....love their complimentary entree bread with chicken liver and drinks .... The staffs and the owner are friendly ...

Reviewed December 23, 2013

We are in Bali at the moment and have been to The Smiling Frog twice so far. It is a 2 story Balinese style restaurant. The food is really good and the prices are very reasonable. We had 2 mains, a cocktail, a large beer and 2 pots of tea, as well as shared a dessert for 250000rp ($24). On arrival you get a small welcome drink and a plate of welcome bread. The food arrived quickly and it is delicious. The servings are a good size too. The staff are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. We will definitely go back!

1  Thank Love2travelPerth
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We went to this restaurant expecting good things after reading the reviews and we were disappointed. I would hardly call it a restaurant, more of a Cafe, not many tables. No air con, open to the street. The service was average, food was average, and we got eaten alive by Mosquitos. It was alright but we wouldn't go back.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

You can read my previous review about the smiling frog. THEN ITWAS Very nice and pleasant experience... I was very disappointed when trip advisor took down my last review when the place turned into very expensive and empty restaurant. Apparently due to refurbishment I could not have been to that restaurant. GOOD news. Last week I visited Bali again and found out that the original restaurant has changed its name and the advertised prices were not as bad as the time before. I did not try the service again as there was not a soul inside. HOWEVER I have just been told that the smiling frog restaurant has actually moved around 200 meters away... So I will stay away from the new establishment which replaced the original smiling frog and can not wait to try the new venue of the original and real smiling frog.

1  Thank Karel K
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Eat here this trip and last. Outstanding food. Would have been happy to pay to pay twice the price for the quality we received!!