“Amazing japanese food”

Take I Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #57 of 242 Restaurants in Legian
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: TAKE, bamboo in Japanese, is Rama Restaurants Bali’s first authentic Japanese restaurant which opened in 1999. Bamboo reflects the philosophy behind our undertakings. This sturdy plant is beautiful, flexible and strong at the same time. Take’s interior and furniture is mostly made of bamboo. Its beauty is visible in the presentation of our extensive Japanese dishes. Your choice of sashimi, sushi, live seafood, soup, salad, robatayaki, hot and cold noodle, don buri all prepared to ensure authenticity, under the supervision of Mr Okamoto with his strong background and experience in Japanese cuisine. We carefully select our imported Japanese ingredients while using the best local produce for vegetables and live seafood. Sake, sochu, wine, and Japanese beer are available to compliment your meals.
Paris, France
“Amazing japanese food”
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

You must go diner there once in Legian. Fresh and tasty. It's a paradise !
Staf is very kind. Fish and seafood are beautyfull

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Still Very Good.....”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We eat in Take each time we visit Bali which is 2-3 times annually. We could not find a better Japanese restaurant in Bali with such an extensive menu, reasonable pricing, good food and great service. Last week we had toro sashimi (fatty tuna) which literally melted in our mouths. The salmon belly sashimi was also very good. However, I had better hamachi sashimi in Take before. The batik clams were the largest that I have ever had there and we had it cooked in butter sauce. The sauce was so good that I literally drank it! The grilled ox tongue and crunchy curly seaweed were as good as ever. The second thing that was off was the fried fresh oysters in batter. We should have eaten them raw instead. The service was as good as ever despite the restaurant being packed.

• Visited December 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“good japanese food”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

visited Take Japanese Restaurant last Thursday (12th Dec).

i do not know how you feel about eating Tuna Sashimi, it always feels so rough on my tongue.. at Taka Japanese Restaurant, it really melts in your mouth. the serving as compared to the prices are so worth it and the sashimi is sooooo fresh and thick.. the place is crowded but not really packed, i think you should reserve a seat before heading there..

the Sake they recommended isn't that nice so you might want to try some others at your own risk.. Oysters(70k), Sashimi/Sushi Platter (300k), Sukiyaki (120k), Sake (125k) what I had and I think the price is quite reasonable.

• Visited December 2013
RamaRestaurantsBali, marcomm at Take I Japanese Restaurant, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Melts in your mouth...wow I can feel the umami of that. The secret is to use the freshest of ingredients. Thank you for recommending booking since its sometimes necessary especially on weekends. We are looking forward to having you back here.

Bali, Indonesia
“Doesn't live up to the hype”
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner on a Saturday night. The place was busy but not so packed.

Atmosphere: quite cozy but seatings for 2 persons are not very ideal. Most seatings are set for bigger crowd.

Service: i can begin to see what other recent reviewers are saying. It was just okay and I'm not impressed by the level of attentiveness given the numbers of staff roaming the place (many, I tell you). First, apparently the restaurants was divided into smoking & non-smoking but nobody bothered to tell us so we got seated in the smoking area. We asked to move when the man beside us started to light up. When we were moved, we were standing by confused in the non smoking area with no one paying attention to us. At the same time, I can't help but notice 3 waitresses were standing & talking in cashier's table. My husband had to wait more than 20 mins for his beef curry rice.

Food: apart from the lack of service we experienced, we have to admit the food was good. We're not blown away by them but they were tasty compared to similar competitor. The salmon skin in the sushi we ordered was crunchy good despite being rolled into a sushi.

Price: we ordered 2 sets of rolls (6 pieces of sushi each), 1 beef curry rice, and 1 tiny appetizer of bacon enoki with 2 green teas ; and ended up with 450k bill. Quite pricey compared to its competitors.

Conclusion: we would rather go to the high-end japanese restaurants or just directly to the lower-end. Take stands too much in the middle with no extra incentive for us to want to come back. Sorry Take.

RamaRestaurantsBali, marcomm at Take I Japanese Restaurant, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for a very detailed account of your dining experience which was overall not enjoyable. We will take extra care to see that staff improve their attentiveness and service. My sincere apology for your displeasure.

Jakarta
“Best authentic Sushi”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I had lunch with my wife after we craved for Japanese food then we decided to go to Take. We walked about 10 minutes from our hotel in Legian. The Sushi was fantastic, the sushi rice was authentic, we loved it. Definitely will go back again if we visit Bali.

• Visited November 2013
RamaRestaurantsBali, marcomm at Take I Japanese Restaurant, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Our restaurant is known for serving authentic Japanese cuisines. Also diners have the option to sit Japanese style on tatami mats. We use only fresh ingredients to ensure good quality food. We're so glad you had an enjoyable evening with your wife and that our food met your expectations well. Looking forward to your next meal with us.