Stayed there for 2 nites at the studio room in Sep 2010. I've been searching for a hotel in Bali and booked Aston two months ago and thought this is a new one (as it said it was opened this year) with GOOD rate for a bargain.
Here is my quick summary of my comment :
1. Service - 5-star. Staff are very friendly and courteous; Overall service is excellent!!!
2. Internet Access - Free Wifi with good internet access!
3. Breakfast is ok (you can't compare with a 5-star one with this rate; They have an egg cooking station where a chef will cook for you.)
4. The bedroom area is as seen on the internet (of cos, they added photoshop effect to make it look more grand and nicer!) Overall, room is spacious with a balcony facing the swimming pool.
5. The bathroom is very primitive, simple, with shower only. The shower pressure was funny, sometime strong, sometime weak; and there is only a simple shower curtain, so you will wet the whole bathroom after shower. And, if you drop your cloth on the floor, it will definitely soak!
6. Location is in the middle of nowhere
7. Stains and scratch marks on the floor! ( i m surprise if they claim it is newly open this year) ; flies or mosquitos in the room; spider lurking on the floor. (The stains and scratch marks should be common in Aston as we asked for a change of room but the stains found in both studio rooms)
8. Not sure about the hygiene of the towels (Looking old, torn, grey with stains - maybe from central supply of Aston) - I went out to Kuta to buy a new towel in the end
9. Linen - Black stains on our pillow case, grey color of duvet cover & sheets; looking old and worn out.
(You can't tell it's a new hotel after all)
If you are a honeymooner, think twice before booking if you want a great lay-in at the beach hotel or you just want a shelter. Aston Grand Kuta is nothing luxury nor anything feel like a hotel. I feel my home is better.
I feel my holiday in Bali is totally ruined by pickng the wrong hotel. There is nothing wrong with Aston but this is my personal feeling. If you are a budget traveller, it should be a good choice. I hope this review could help others (esp. honeymooner) not to follow my steps
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Kuta is nestled in the heart of Bali, only a short drive to the beautiful beaches of Kuta, Legian and Seminyak. Offer you 100 rooms choice of one, two or three bedroom leisure apartment comes with access to 3 swimming pools, BBQ area, Café, 24hr room service, spa, free Wi-Fi, free surf shuttle service, and ample parking space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Kuta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Kuta Hotel Legian
- Grand Kuta Bali/Legian