“Paradise Found”
Review of Robins Place

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Legian
Robins Place
Ranked #22 of 86 Specialty Lodging in Legian
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We were part of the group mentioned in Jo K's report. I can only concur with her thoughts. We had Villa 1 which was absolutely brilliant. Having the place to ourselves was fantasitc as you had total privacy. In these circumstances the central pool for Villas 1-3 was great for the kids who had a ball. The facilities are first rate, the staff fantasitc. Katut was our housekeeper and she was simply marvellous. The staff are all approachable and always smiling. They were wonderful with the kids.

The location was superb as you were close to everything without the hustle and bustle. The restaurants in walking distance were of a high standard. Wayan and his family were great in organising our transport, nothing was too much.

For groups who can book the place out, I don't think you can go much better. It is simply that good.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ray R

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We recently stayed in the new Villa (no. 4) at Robins Place and the three families we travelled with stayed in Villas 1,2 and 3. From beginning to end we were treated with warmth and friendliness by the fantastic staff. The villa compound was perfect for our needs as all our families are close friends and we could wander to and from each other's villas whilst still maintaining our own privacy. Our Villa's housekeepers Putu and Emmy were always ready to assist with a smile. Every morning we were served a delightful brekky, our rooms were spotlessly serviced daily and mossy nets and coils laid out each evening. Little things like ironing our shirts for us at the last minute when we had to go out were over and above the call of duty. We celebrated my husband's 50th and after liaising with Donna the owner and Narsih the head housekeeper we were treated to a magnificent Indonesian Feast second to none!
There are so many top affordable restaurants nearby and supermarkets to buy drinks and bits within a 5 minute walk that the location of Robin's Place was perfect for all our needs. We were recommended to Wayan for our commuting needs and he was invaluable with information for touring and special places to visit. We were treated to in-house massages by a lady called Ketut. The new Villa is amazing and has six completely private, ensuited bedrooms suitable for lots of couples or a few families to share. All up it was a wonderful holiday, all 20 of us would agree, thank you to Donna, Chris and all your wonderful staff.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jo K
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I would not reccommend Robins Place my sister & i had the Lembung villa & the rat problem is dreadful a trap was set & 2 small & 1 large rat were caught in the bathroom in a space of 2 hrs. The trap was reset but the bread kept dissapearing without catching the rat. One morning we went to the bathroom & a rat had come up the drain in the shower & there was crap all over the shower floor. There were 2 lots of rat droppings on the canopy over the bed that were still there when we vacated the room & is no doubt still there. The traditional thatched syle accomodation was appealing but I think I will put comfort first next trip. The staff were wonderful, location fantastic & layout great for a big group. I have stayed at Prana, Sunset, Royal & Sienna villas the Niche, Ramayana & Kartika Plaza hotels on previous trips.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Pam141
Donna M, Owner at Robins Place, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

We are very sorry this incident occurred however this was an isolated problem in one villa that was dealt with immediatly , in over 20 years of operation we have not a similar problem.We are also disappionted that you failed to mention you were upgraded to our brandnew villa and that the rest of your large group had an amazing stay without any issues.Robins place have 15 staff who clean to high standards and pride themselves with the way they present each villa.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have been to robins place on several occasions, on my own, with family and friends. I now consider this place my second home and would not stay anywhere else. I dont think there is a better position. On a recent 3 week visit with the family we ate local in legian which helped to keep the costs down. When I do a girls trip it is a $2 fare to seminyak for a more upmarket experience. Robins place is quiet, safe and secure. I have stayed at hotels and don't consider them anymore for accommodation villas are the way to go. At robins place the staff are professional and make us all feel like we are royalty.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Julie B
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We have just returned from our Famiy holiday at Robins Place in Bali. It was one of the most memorable holidays we have ever had. The Staff were amazing, The rooms and Beds were Spotless, The kids loved the staff and they loved the children and we have never felt more welcomed. We have stayed in Hotels in the past and you are constantly stressing were the children are but at Robins Place you can relax by the pool knowing your children are not far away.
@Smile147 your points regarding the Breakfast, the website states what was included. The staff were more than happy to do some shopping and provided reciepts for us, The toilet paper we didn't have a problem all you have to do is ask and they are happy to provide it for you. With regard to the staff showing people through, They asked us if we minded, We didn't have a problem because they are escourted. You make it sound as though people just wondered through on thier own? The staff are very proud of Robins Place and where they work . I Don't know how this is different to a Hotel you never know who is next door, or who you are laying next to by the pool.
It was a massive difference staying at Robins Place over a hotel. The staff organized Massures for us everyday for a small fee. Shopping, restaurants, cafes, were handy just out the gate, I don't know what the below were saying they had to get a Taxi?? that is Ludicrous.

On the day of departure We had a late flight home and we were given free use of the Villa until our transfers came. With Hotel's you have to pack your stuff and store it. it is a long day from 10.00am till 12.00pm midnight with kids and no beds etc.

When I got home I appreciated a suitcase of clean, pressed clothes which is unheard of with a family of 5 I am doing washing for a week.

Overall I had a fantastic relaxing holiday, I will be reccomending Robins Place to everyone I know. We have even re-booked the middle of next year with another family.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank TravelBugg69
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I love this place! and we are repeat "Robins Placers" as it were. It is the last of the Bali lozman style villas to stay. Clean, relaxed, spacious, with awesome gardens and friendly staff. This is the ideal place to holiday with your friends and/or family in a home style set up. There are dozens of shops at the end of the long driveway that can provide whatever necessities you have forgotten to bring, and very good restaurants a short walk away. Robins Place is not for room service dependent, more so for those who would rather not be disturbed. I love the staff at Robins Place, as do the kids, and we alway look forward to reuniting with them on our next Bali holiday.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank travelM8tee
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We just arrived back from staying at Robins Villa, we chose this Villa as we read the travellers reviews and it sounded perfect, From the moment we arrived it was very disappointing. Firstly you have to pay 20,000 rupiah for the bottle of water to fill the urn, this is only $2.00 but it was the principle of when you pay $300 per night ( we had Villa 1) you think the water would be included. The main bedroom downstairs was very dark to the point you needed a torch to find something in your suitcase, ( i must add you can only use one wardrobe as the other is locked for I presume the owners usage). Mosquitos were the worst I have ever seen, my family were extensively bitten even with plenty of repellant. coils were not put out everynight, we had to almost beg for toilet paper ( i think they ration it), so make sure you provide your own. at night if we moved the cushions on the couch the amount of mosquitos that flew out was shocking. Bat poo sat on the couch for 4 days until we asked if it could be moved. Breakfast consists of fresh fruit juice , banana pancakes and anything to do with eggs, anything else you want you have to go and buy.(You can only eat so many eggs & pancakes) Receipts are not provided as stated. Even though you are not to far out from main shopping at Legion ( we usuallly stay at the Mandira,Legion or Padma) it was to far out for us , so costs us a fair bit in Taxi's and buying breakfast each day , One thing that really annoyed me is that people would just walk through to have a look at the Villa as they were told they could come and check it out, as I said before we paid $300 per night to have total strangers come and check it out . Security, there is absolutely none only dusk to midnight, did not feel very safe at all especially having children there. One night we had a party and had friends come over and the linen was the dirtiest I have ever seen,one thing was amusing though the maids said when we leave they must clean the mosquitos nets around the beds as they are very dirty, surely you would do this prior to guests arriving. Unfortunately because you have to pay in cash when you arrive you cannot ask for a refund or discount and there is no one to complain to. We will definately not be recommending Robins Villa to anyone, Been to Bali 11 times and this would have to be the worst trip . I dont understand how the other guests could give it a good rating as it was far from it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank smile147
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Villa Coco
#3 of 86 in Legian
Ini Vie Villa
Ini Vie Villa
#2 of 86 in Legian

Been to Robins Place? Share your experiences!