Legian Guest House
$237
$130
$143
$133
The Magani Hotel and Spa(Legian)(Great Value!)
$103
$83
$205
$173
$306
$197
Alam KulKul Boutique Resort(Legian)(Great Value!)
$76
$58
$130
Astagina Resort Villa and Spa(Legian)(Great Value!)
$63
$49
Agoda.com
FuramaXclusive Ocean Beach(Legian)(Great Value!)
$57
TripAdvisor
All reviewsjalan nakularooms are clean and comfortableair conditioningtaxibali
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Friendly & helpful staff. Good service.
No complaint, but a distance from the busy town, beach.

Room Tip: Stay away rooms near pool.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank cwoanying
Reviewed January 27, 2012

This was my first time in a guest house, so I was a little bit worried with what will I see once I enter this kind of facility. (so far I have only read a lot about what to expect)
We spent 10 days in Bali and first 5 days we spend wondering around the island and sightseeing, so we used this guest house as a base, which was great decision.
When we arrived on the street where this guest house is based, my fears came true :)... The road is terrible, dusty and far away from beautiful exotic Bali that you expect...
BUT (here) comes a huge BUT: once when you enter the guest house, you are really pleasantly surprised with what you see and get.
We booked the room near the pool, which was really a pure luxury for a guest house. The room was completely new, you could even smell the fresh paint from the walls. The pool was finished just 1 day before we arrived, so everything was spotless. Amenities in the room were better than in some of the 5* hotels I have stayed in in other parts of the world. Everything from bathrobes, slippers, in room safe, cosmetics was there.
The selection of Tv channels was not so delightful ,but after full day of fabulous sightseeing, we did not even think of TV.
The service: I can not find the proper words to describe the people that worked there at a time. They were so polite, helpful, nice, genuinely smiling all the time, providing us with all the information we needed, and were so quiet that you wouldn't even notice them passing by. They provided everything we asked from them. Generally the service was much more than a normal guest house provides.
I highly recommend the rooms near the pool. The rooms in the other part of the facility are older so I guess the quality is not so high and they are rated with less stars anyway.
Food: the qaulity of food served for the breakfast is good but the selection is not that big.
But every night we ordered something from their menu and I loved it really, it was tasty, nicely prepared and could not have enough of it :) Generally the portions were small so someone with bigger appetite would have to order 2 portions but it was still cheap.

The location: 5 min taxi ride to Legian and Kuta beach. Around 3 US$ for this ride.

To summarize: the only shortfall of this guest house is he surroundings and the road to get to it. But taking the fact that you will take the cab or rented motor to get anywhere from here, you will forget about the road and it will not be important anymore. And when you evaluate what you get for what you pay, this is still the best choice you can make. The rest of the Bali is amasing so you will not mind the road to the guest house.
Still this street remains the worst in Bali (and I have seen many of them :)))))

Really , for the facility (part by the pool) and the staff - pure 5 *

Room Tip: Definitely go with the rooms by the pool. Fantastic value for the money!!!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DengyD
Reviewed December 15, 2011

We stayed in the new rooms near the pool , the deluxe suites ! They were very clean but small .... Cable tv kept dropping out which didn't help on the rainy days ! Location is reviving and terrible! It a 20-30 min walk to the beach... It's in nakula . After speaking to several guests they thought it was closer to legian , which it's not ! Unfortunately for us we booked 17 days there n had to stay or lose Money! It's road is s dirt road with no footpaths which makes for a horrible mess on ur shoes n clothes if it rains :(( built next to local accommodation ( which didn't bother us) was slightly uncomfortable to be stare at daily wen walking past! Breakfast is included but is not filling ! We found ourselves eating more in the room right after or going out to double up ! That was a disappointment ! Staff are friendly n the place us nice .... Just a shotty location

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank SMBee
Reviewed December 8, 2011

I came here last year and then like now, the service continues to be first class. I arrived here after escaping the horror which was poppies 2 in Kuta without a reservation, Legian didnt have any rooms available, however they arranged for me to stay at a nearby guest house for the night, whilst they arranged a room for me at Legion for the duration of my stay in bali. The staff are so welcoming and helpful, there was nothing they would not do to make my stay more enjoyable. As a woman travelling on my own if felt very safe here.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Stayed 3 nights on arrival to Bali for my first trip here. Have not stayed in guesthouses before and it was an absolute oasis from what I had expected. Simplicity and luxury with fantastic price tag and the service and personal attention of a resort type complex. Nothing was too much trouble and the staff made you feel safe and cared for. Great for lone travellers or anyone who may be a little nervous away from western home comforts. the pool was a great addition and relief in the heat. The breakfast is simple. You may expect more in quantity, but to function in the heat it is the perfect start to a day of beach life or exploration. Have heard kuta is horribly busy and this place is close enough to places of interest and the airport to be a great alternative! Good start or end to your trip around Bali .

• Stayed: November 2011