“A jewel”

Ranked #23 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Darwin, Australia
“A jewel”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have just arrived. I am actually still in 1309 as I write this. I have been so impressed by the staff and the service that I felt compelled to write this while still in the hotel. The driver Agung was very friendly and engaging and gentlemen like. Puspah check us in and was so lovely to us. I noticed a manager who looked European communicating with guests had a wonderful rapport with them. He also seemed great. Our room has a balcony and a wonderful view of the pool and restaurant. The room was made up beautifully. We are celebrating our anniversary and were delighted when a knock on the door revealed a cake personalised for us to celebrate. Thanks guys. Your are great.

Room Tip: Ours was great. Drainage always a bit slow in Bali hotels.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Humptydooproductions
RamadaCamakila, General Manager at The Camakila Legian Bali, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Humtydooproductions,

It was great to meet you and your wife at the hotel this past week. We could not ask for a better compliment than for one of our guest to take some quality time out of his Anniversary celebration holiday to write a great review about us. Thank you!

We look forward to seeing you on your return to Ramada Camakila.

Greg Harrison

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Ramada for 7 nights at the end of May for my sister's 30th birthday. The rooms were fine and quite roomy compared to other hotels in Asia but the bathrooms are very outdated and tiles are stained. The cleanliness was perfectly fine but no amount of scrubbing was going to overcome those bathroom tiles. The balconies are small and have no sunlounges or daybeds which is a little disappointing. The sheets on the bed felt clean as did the towels but they were stained by previous use. Despite this the hotel really was fine. The pool is lovely but there aren't enough lounges available around it. The restaurant was fine as well - quite on par with most others in the area. It's a really great location for shopping, cocktails and the beach. The staff were quite courteous and the buffet breakfast was exactly what you'd expect. 24 hour room service is great too. The only real negative I have is the gym as it was slightly unsafe and I injured myself on an exposed screw on the exercise bike. Despite leaving a note the bike remained as it was for the whole week. Nothing really stood out as amazing but nothing was a problem either. I wouldn't have a problem staying here again although I'd be tempted to try elsewhere to see if I was missing out on something a little more unique and special.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Emm_40
Dear Emm_40,

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions of our property.

Although you mention that your stay was fine, memorable and special are objectives that we have set for ourselves and are usually quite successful at achieving.

Since we failed to do that in your case, I apologize and can only hope that you will give us another chance to show you what our beautiful property is really about on a next trip.

Finally, thanks to your review, I am happy to report that we have fixed the exercise bike located in our fitness room.

Safe travels,

Perth, Australia
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My wife (mandy) and myself (Collie) were married at the Ramada Resort Camakila Legian on the 8th of May 2013. The wedding venue was like a fairytale setting. The staff were excellent, polite, respectful and went over and beyond their remit in terms of being helpful, and very approachable.
The manager (Greg) and the assistant sales manager (Via) were instrumental in providing us with the best possible experience we could have had. All of our guests were blown away with the picturesque setting and the way in which the whole thing was very professionally handled and delivered. The room we had was exquisite in its presentation they seemed to have thought of everything, petals in the bath in the shape of two hearts and two swans shaped from towels. The breakfast area was very clean and professionally dressed staff who appeared to actually enjoy there work. The comprehensive breakfast menu catered for all tastes from toast to the more exotic. Truly an excellent place to stay. A special thank you to Greg and Via...well done!!!

Room Tip: Just Go and it will all be taken care of...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank colin m
Dear Collie and Mandy,

We were honored that you and your lovely wife chose to celebrate your special day with us and I am so pleased to know that we were able to contribute to its success. The staff, Via and I thoroughly enjoyed taking care of you and your guests on your special night.

Once again, the entire team and myself wish you and Ms. Mandy many more years of happiness together and we hope to see you again very soon.

melbourne
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed at this resort for 4 nights in june 2013, We found it was a great place in a great location.
The value for money was amazing. We paid just over $500 that included free massages, body scrubs, breakfast everyday and free airport transfers.
The pools are great, the lagoon pool was more family orientated and the infinity pool was more for couples or friends wanting to have a few beers in the pool. Also you can just run out of the beach and go straight into the infinity pool which is very refreshing.
Our rooms were clean and spacious, the only thing was the water out of the shower had a bit of a smell about it for the first couple of minutes when turned on.
Their day Spa according to my wife was on of the best she has been to, it's the only one I have been to but I can't imagine it being much better anywhere else.
Right on the beach we found a great bar called " Brother Bar" Marty who runs it is very fun and provides great service.
There's great shopping to the right of the entrance and everyone seemed to be very friendly around the area. I would recommend this to anyone traveling on a bit of a budget!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank ablett1
Dear ablett1,

What a lovely review of our property and surrounding area! I am very pleased to hear that you and your wife enjoyed our pool, spa and rooms during your visit to Bali.

Until your next trip I hope! ☺

Bunbury
Reviewed June 3, 2013

The Ramada Camakila is close to everything - shopping, the beach and entertainment. The rooms were spacious, quiet at night and had everything you needed. The service was excellent from all areas, including the pool bar.
Would recommend to other travellers looking for an affordable stay in Bali.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

2 Thank Renee L
Dear Renee L,

Many thanks for your positive comments about our location and service as well as your recommendation of our property.

Sydney
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I recently stayed at the Ramada for the third year running with a large group of people and I have to say - it just keeps getting better and better. I have clocked up over 30 trips to Bali for various reasons from business to family reunions, weddings and trips with groups of girlfriends and have stayed at many many hotels and villas from 2 star to the most expensive 5 star in ALL parts of Bali and The Ramada Camakila is overall, a fabulous hotel. Firstly - the manager Greg Harrison went over and above the call of duty for the week we were there and went out of his way to help the people in our group. He personally attended our dinner function and made sure that everything went smoothly. I had taken a group of restaurant and bar owner clients from Sydney as a thank you and they were extremely impressed with the quality of service as well as the genuine warmth from all the staff. The food is excellent and even though we also ate at all the top restaurants in Seminyak and Legian, we found the selection of Asian food at the Tao Beach front restaurant to be great value (especially for a hotel) and to have great clean and authentic flavours. The Mee Goreng was the best I have had in Bali and some of their other Thai and Vietnamese dishes were fabulous too!!. It is located in a great area for shopping and sits between the cheap market type area and the more upmarket shops of Seminyak. The rooms are clean and modern and the beds are very comfortable and big. Bathrooms are everything you need and really - this hotel ticks all the boxes for its price. Before choosing this hotel for our group - I flew to Bali to check out suitable hotels at a similar price. I visited 13 hotels and inspected rooms and facilities and in the end had no hesitation in choosing the Ramada - next year we will be back for sure as, even after three years of client trips - I cant find anywhere better or as good......

Room Tip: Back of hotel facing gym is the quietest, but near reception on pool level is most convenient
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank GabbySydney
Dear GabbySydney,

I do not think I will be able to match the kindness of your review with my response, but thank you so very much for taking time out of your busy schedule to post it. Your endorsement of Ramada Camakila is especially rewarding since it is given after you inspected and stayed at many other hotels and facilities. Thank you!

It was a pleasure having you and your clients with us at the resort and the team and I already look forward to next year’s event! ☺

Australia
Reviewed May 28, 2013

To the Management and staff of The Ramada Camakila, and ESP "Made Widiyadnyana"
Thank You!
WOW!! What an experience, I was so worried staying here alone but you sure made me feel safe and happy! Always a smile and a hello and going out of your way to help me.
The hotel was in good walking distance to everything, only a short stroll to the beach which I enjoyed watching sunset of a night sipping on a cocktail!
To Greg!!! My Sth Afrian Sharks Fan! Thanks for your warm welcome, greeting me some mornings and sharing our Rugby updates! And btw... Go TAH's. ...pssst. go Aussies :). And wish you all the best in your journey through life.

Kind regards. Gai

Room Tip: My room was 1118' found it to be what I needed, quite yet close enough to the pool and beach.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kirbyAustralia
RamadaCamakila, General Manager at The Camakila Legian Bali, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Gai,

It was such a pleasure having you around the resort, and I am very happy to hear that we were successful in making you feel was cared for. I hope you have a wonderful time for what is left of your holiday.

As for the Sharks I think they have missed the boat, best of luck to the Tah’s.

Again thank you very much and if there is an opportunity in future would love to welcome you back to Ramada Camakila.

Yours sincerely,