“Excellence French Style”

Ranked #3 of 271 Restaurants in Legian
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Pearl is a tropical sanctuary infused with French flair and the ubiquitous Balinese charm, offering chic indoor dining and breezy garden terrace seating beneath the starry skies. The 60-seat restaurant serves up refined French classics elevated with Chef Jeremy’s creative touches. Jeremy finished his chef's apprenticeship in the Michelin one-star La Petite France in Maussan, under master chef Thierry Maffre-Boge, flew to Bali and directed the creation of his dream restaurant at the Bali Pearl in 2009. He perfectly blends French traditional concepts of cooking and presentation with tropical produce and sensibilities. Welcome!
Reviewed August 26, 2014

A group of 7 had a dinner at Pearl Restaurant and from the moment we walked in the gate were made to feel very welcome. The owner welcomed us, the staff were very courteous and attentive, but the food was absolutely divine. Each of us chose different items from the entree, main and dessert menu - and none of us found fault with any of the food - it was simply amazing. Would definitely recommend this as must do for all foodies in Bali.

Prices were reasonable considering the food we ate, and I found the wines also reasonable, given Bali prices for good wines.

Will definitely be back next trip.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,485)

Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

Going on the reviews of the many other Australians that have dined here I decided to give this little French restaurant a go! Thank god I did! This was an experience to remember, not only for the food and hospitality, but I've now also found a new hotel to explore when I return to legian! You are welcomed with warm open arms, seated and greeted with a beautiful appetiser, breads and more! The cocktails are first class (I had the frozen tequila sunrise)! Enjoy yourself here as it's worth every penny!

Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely wonderful food, great service, will definitely be a a regular stop on our return trips to Bali, it may be more expensive than your average restaurant in Bali, but compared to the high end dining establishments in nearby Seminak the prices are very reasonable, I would gladly pay more (as you certainly do in Oz) for such amazing food, the share plate dessert was the perfect end to the meal. The Blanchet brothers run a great restaurant and we look forward to seeing you both soon.

1  Thank colinc70
Reviewed August 22, 2014

We based almost all of our meals in Bali on trip advisor reviews and this was definitely our favourite. Every part of our meal was fantastic. We both had the tasting plate for both entrée and dessert which I would highly recommend. I also had the duck for main which was amazing and I think my partner had the lamb which he also enjoyed. I think we spent about 150 AUD for both of us which included a bottle of wine and cocktails to start which I thought was very good value for a French dinner. I would also highly recommend just going for the dessert taster plate.

Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

We had the scallop and terrine entrees - scallop was tasty but not a generous dish and presentation was pretty clumsy across the board. The terrine needed nice crisp bread or something to spread it on, it came as just a lump of pâté with salad, bizarre. Asked for bread rolls to eat it with.
The lamb shank main and the bara were both fine in a home cooking kind of way. It was really only the desserts that appeared to have involved a chefs hand. The tasting plate of desserts was very nice.
The service was good and attentive and thick French accent is poured on by the waiter and chef who walks around collecting compliments. We didn't have a problem with any of it but for the price (about 75 AUD/person 3 courses inc wine) it definitely rated just average.

1  Thank wad0