“Great restaurant with great food”

Bali Pearl Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 245 Restaurants in Legian
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Pearl is a tropical sanctuary infused with French flair and the ubiquitous Balinese charm, offering chic indoor dining and breezy garden terrace seating beneath the starry skies. The 60-seat restaurant serves up refined French classics elevated with Chef Jeremy’s creative touches. Jeremy finished his chef's apprenticeship in the Michelin one-star La Petite France in Maussan, under master chef Thierry Maffre-Boge, flew to Bali and directed the creation of his dream restaurant at the Bali Pearl in 2009. He perfectly blends French traditional concepts of cooking and presentation with tropical produce and sensibilities. Welcome!
“Great restaurant with great food”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Everything was perfect - the service, the food. It's like a little oasis - we went 2 times for a week and enjoyed it a lot. Many thanks to the staff and Jeremy :)

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Katerina T

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Western Australia, Australia
“Great location, service, presentation & food”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We have been having some fantastic food while here in Bali and the Pearl French Restaurant is another good one. Food is presented like a 5-star or Michelin rated restaurant. We had the Lobster Bisque and scallops in ham for the entrée, braised beef and salmon for the mains, then sampler of the sweets for dessert, AND most importantly for this Aussie :-), they served a fantastic Flat White coffee !! We had a gorgeous Margaret River CabSav Blanc for $39. Nectar !
We won't rate this meal as 5 only because the food though very good, was not a blow the taste buds away experience. Prices are very reasonable, the service is good, Jeremy the chef taking time to see us and everyone before we order is a rare and very nice touch. Listen to his advice. He changed my wife's mind to choose the braised beef and it was indeed extremely good.
This is a highly recommended restaurant for a very good reason. As people tasted their meals, there are lots of oooohs and wows, taste this etc.... type comments :-). Go book a table if you are in Bali.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Wayne S
Sydney, Australia
“Food Highlight”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

have walked unnoticed past French Pearl many times ...only sought it out because of Trip Advisor & were so glad we did.. deserves the accolades ...this was an exceptional & serious dining experience

Visited March 2014
2 Thank LOuise652014
Toowoomba, Australia
“Don't leave Bali without a visit to the Pearl Restaurant!”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We visited The Pearl Restaurant in March 2014 and it was just delightful. It's not the easiest restaurant to find, but it's well worth the search.
I visited with friends and we were seated in the garden. Our waiter was lovely and made us feel right at home. He gave us cool wash cloths (always a nice touch in such a humid environment) and left bug repellant on our table.
Chef Jeremy Blanchet (possibly the most handsome man in Bali!) greeted us and asked if we had any questions about the menu, which was a lovely touch.
There were complimentary starters of the most amazing pureed eggplant in a tuile cone and a delectable cold curry pumpkin and coconut soup. We knew at this point to expect some truly delicious food.
I ordered the lobster ravioli (which was to die for) and my friends ordered the lamb shanks, which were equally delicious. We all completed our meals with the dessert tasting plate, which consisted of pannacotta, chocolate fondant, creme brulee and the lightest, most airy chocolate mousse I have ever tried. The dishes were beautifully presented and each meal was faultless.
Meals were expensive by Bali standards, but ridiculously inexpensive by Australian standards. Main meal, dessert and drinks cost around $AUD40. I would expect to pay triple this price for food of this standard in Australia.
Thank you for a wonderful evening, Jeremy and team. I'm sure we'll be back!

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank CherieA
Sydney, Australia
“Yum !!!!!!”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Just got back from Bali and, whilst there, I booked a meal at this restaurant. One word - AMAZING !!!! Equally as good as any five star restaurant in Sydney. The chef came out to my table and introduced himself while I perused the menu and asked what I liked etc and he suggested some things. I started with the pan fried scallops wrapped in parma ham with avocado mousse followed by a veal medallion in mushroom gravy and wrapped it up with a dessert tasting plate of creme brulle, chocolate lava mud cake, chocolate mousse and an affagato type dessert. The chef also came out at the end of the meal to see how I enjoyed things. Forgot to say I also got a little complementary starter of eggplant wrapped in wafer. The staff are fantastic (very attentive and brush down the crumbs on your table between courses). You get a little cool towelette to use before you start your meal and some insect repellent on your table if you need it (little touches like that that make you feel special). I was by myself but didn't feel self conscious and the setting with all the little lights and candles is as pretty as a picture. I didn't drink alcohol but my bill only came to about $60 Australian - awesome value!!!!!! It is a little hard to find as it's down a little alley and the signage is not the best so make sure your taxi driver knows where he is taking you. I absolutely loved my experience here !!!!!!!!!

• Visited March 2014