“Just.... perfect”

Ranked #1 of 266 Restaurants in Legian
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Pearl is a tropical sanctuary infused with French flair and the ubiquitous Balinese charm, offering chic indoor dining and breezy garden terrace seating beneath the starry skies. The 60-seat restaurant serves up refined French classics elevated with Chef Jeremy’s creative touches. Jeremy finished his chef's apprenticeship in the Michelin one-star La Petite France in Maussan, under master chef Thierry Maffre-Boge, flew to Bali and directed the creation of his dream restaurant at the Bali Pearl in 2009. He perfectly blends French traditional concepts of cooking and presentation with tropical produce and sensibilities. Welcome!
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

The environment (beautiful garden), the staff (very well groomed waiters), the service, the welcome (personalized welcome by the owner) and the food (exceptional dishes)... everything is done to have an exceptional cuisine experience. ..
The best restaurant I have done during my stay in Bali

1  Thank pascaldebangkok
Write a ReviewReviews (1,461)

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We had a fantastic dining experience at Pearl tonight. The food and service is outstanding. We met both chefs and it made the whole experience very personal.

It's easy to overlook though and we walked passed it twice before we saw the partly hidden sign and the small alley way.

This restaurant is a hidden gem but it could do with better signs or advertising on the street.

1  Thank Scratuth
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We visited here as it was the top restaurant in legian even though we are not big French food lovers. However don't that let out you off.

The food here is amazing. The staff are excellent and so attentive. The ambiance of the garden is very romantic and it all makes for a great meal. The attention to details in this place is incredible.

I had the duck breast which was cooked to perfection. The tasting starter was also good to share and the desert was great too.

All the other reviews of this place are spot on. Best meal in Bali by far even if it is a bit pricier it's still cheap on reflection

1  Thank Matt L
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We were on a foodquest. We visited 10 of the top 40 restaurants in Bali (as ranked on tripadvisor) and ate at 7 of them (please see my other reviews for more on that topic). And this partilcular day (Christmas Day evening) turned out to be special.

I will be honest. We headed out to Star Apple (ranked #39 currently) to give it a try, but it was closed. So then we headed back to Legian to Pearl (ranked #5 currently) and thankfully they were open. We were very glad they were.

So Pearl French Restuarant... lets start at the beginning. Limited parking, but we squeezed in and probably not a problem for most guests. Lovely garden, romantic, and even though it started to rain they have ample terrace seating which is equally charming. The staff are extremely well trained, not just good, they coudl hold thier own in London or Paris. Nice to see.

To the food. Being Christmas Day they had some specials (but sensibly, it wasnt a fixed menu, you could still chop and change). We started with the foie gras trilogy ( pan fried foie gras on pached pear, foie gras mousse brule with berry jelly, and foie gras terrine with a tuile of apricot and something else, I cant quite remember). Utterly superb, michelin star quality. I cant say more. Full marks.

My partner had the salmon with artichoke and crispy risotto croquettes (my description) which was sublime, I had the half-cooked tuna with marinated prawns, also first class (the 'coleslaw' under each prawn was unbelievable and the tuna perfectly cooked). Maybe the vegetables could have taken some stronger flavours, but I am splitting hairs. Again, both dishes were in the Michelin star domain.

Dessert was also very good (a taster platter) but not exceptional - but this is relative to the rest of the meal, not to other restaurants!

We are seasoned visitors to Bali and I dont want to leave people in any doubt. This restaurant is world class, certainly one of the top 3 in Bali, on food quality alone I would say #1, and equals the best you can find in Europe all on counts. I would like to show my appreciation to the chefs and to the staff who made it a special evening. Well done!

The damage was about IDR1.1 million, so about 55 pounds (with wine).Exceptional value for the quality of food. You can be sure we will be back. Again and again!

By the way, we did also visit the current #1 ranked restaurant in Bali (please see my other reviews). Let's just say that the #1 is not in the same league. It is not even in the league below. Thats how I can say that the Pearl deserves a higher ranking!

4  Thank An0nym0use
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Congrats to the owners, a fantastic experience, flavours, creativity & service was 100% a very happy melbournian..