“Nothing better”

Bali Pearl Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 237 Restaurants in Legian
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Pearl is a tropical sanctuary infused with French flair and the ubiquitous Balinese charm, offering chic indoor dining and breezy garden terrace seating beneath the starry skies. The 60-seat restaurant serves up refined French classics elevated with Chef Jeremy’s creative touches. Jeremy finished his chef's apprenticeship in the Michelin one-star La Petite France in Maussan, under master chef Thierry Maffre-Boge, flew to Bali and directed the creation of his dream restaurant at the Bali Pearl in 2009. He perfectly blends French traditional concepts of cooking and presentation with tropical produce and sensibilities. Welcome!
seminyak
“Nothing better”
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Back again and didn't disappoint. Food outstanding, service excellent and jeremi the ever attentive host.
Cannot ask for more - sublime

1 Thank ashescricket

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Bali, Indonesia
“Taste sensation”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We have stayed at the adjoining hotel many times, however this was the first time we dined at the restaurant, and what a pleasant surprise. Most of the seating is outside under fairy light lit trees, creating a little tropical oasis. You are welcomed by the French Chef who answers any questions you have on the menu. The staff were very attentive without being intruding.

The best of all though was the food. The menu is not expansive however the dishes are to die for. Each mouthful is a taste explosion, with some flavours and combinations I have never experienced before. I would rate this as some of the best food I have ever eaten. 10 out of 10 including a happy wife. Well done

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Red B
Singapore, Singapore
“Utterly value for money...delicious food, lovely, quiet ambience”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We called in advance to reserve a table at Pearl French Restaurant. We discovered there was no real need to do so, but it did mean that I could see my name on the table, a small but classy touch which makes the guest feel just that more special. We were given a table underneath a tree strung with blue lights. It was quite a romantic setting; the downside of course the presence of some ants. But that didn't detract from the experience over much.

Our first starter: tuna tartare. It cost 83,000 rupiah, which puts in at about SGD10. Such good value! There's quite a hefty portion too! There were 2 blocks of iridescent, beautifully pink, coarsely chopped tuna, mixed together with onions, which gave it a distinctive perfume and flavour. The tuna was sparklingly fresh, and did not taste too 'meaty'. All the flavours and seasonings accentuated and complemented each other.

Our second starter - Grilled scallop wrapped in Parma ham with asparagus mousse and passion balsamic vinegar dressing. This was about 11 SGD. Again, so worth the money! But this one was not as good as the tuna tartare; for one, the parma ham did not fare well under the grilling and had turned hard and dry and the brine had become too harsh-tasting. The scallops were a tiny tad over-cooked such that they did not break apart in a clean, decisive manner, tussling with my teeth slightly. The taste of the ham also overpowered whatever sweetness the scallop had totally. I did like the asparagus mousse though; it added an interesting dimension.

The gorgeous French chef came out to explain the menu and the specials; (I heard that's his custom) and he said that the barramundi that day was exceptional. I always believe in ordering the specials, but I told the chef i did not like the way the barramundi course was prepared in the menu (it was with capsicum and leeks and seasoned with cumin). He then told me he was happy to prepare the barramundi according to the 'Fish of the Day', which was in a lemongrass reduction, cauliflower puree and lemongrass-infused bourghoul. I was happy to take him up on it.
And was real glad I did, for the dish was utterly lovely! The barramundi was outstanding, truly, every inch silky and succulent, and it almost melted in my mouth, leaving a mouthful of very fresh, sweet juices after it glided down my throat. The seasoning was well-controlled, such that the sweetness of the fish was accentuated and not overpowered. The rather earthy, raw taste of cauliflower was mellowed with cream and butter in the puree, and rendered velvety and smooth. The white foam was the lemongrass reduction, and it was also lovely; the citrusy flavour of lemongrass was clear, clean and also accentuated the barramundi. I did not much like the bourghoul, as the texture of wheat flakes was rather disagreeable

My companion had half-cooked red tuna in Orient Spices and Marinated Shrimps. I enjoyed the tuna (again) much more than the shrimp, which was rather bland, and the consistency of the shrimp was also less than ideal, being a tad hard. The tuna however was plump, juicy and the robust flavour of the spices complemented it well. The diced vegetables which came with each chunk of tuna was also mighty tasty, as my companion was licking each and every tiny morsel off her fork.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank eberdz
Perth, Australia
“Excellent as usual !!!”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Have dined here many times....
What a charming outdoor secluded venue this is. Its hard to find but well worth it.
The French Chef always comes to welcome his guests and explain the special dishes of the day.
His food is beautifully presented with the correct size portions.
I wouldnt hesitate to recommend this restaurant to any or my friends...I only wish there were more restaurants of this calibre in Legian.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank lanose
portland vic
“Nice night out”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Enjoyed the pearl , we stayed here so very convenient, my duck was too rare for my taste, but I did order it that way so cannot complain too much, the cocktail, passion fruit daiquiri ..was awesome...

Visited November 2012