“not so good for 5 star”

Ranked #11 of 84 Hotels in Legian
jakarta
“not so good for 5 star”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

The outlook of this hotel is good. And so the welcoming from hotel staffs. But when I check my room at 15.30, they say it wasn't ready yet. I had to wait 30 minutes to get my room. This is totally unacceptable cause it already passed 14.00 as a regular time for hotel check in time.
When I came to the 4th floor where my room located, it look really worn and shabby. The wall and the tile is not a 5 star look indeed. I had to try several time to make the door open. The AC is not working good, and the room smell like an old room never being used for a long time. Didnt feel fresh at all. I have a suite room that didnt look like a suite room. It was just two room with connecting door that can only open from one side. Weired! So the bedroom is just a standard hotel room, and another room is for the sitting/living room. It also quite dark.
Anyway, I did enjoy the free yoga in the morning at the rooftop pool. So tranquil and relaxing with the pool water sound and wave sound in the background, and blue sky above. The rooftop pool is also really nice.

Room Tip: Dont ask for the suite room. It just rubbish. Request room in the front, or accross the rooftop pool...
Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
E_c0mmerce, Front Office Manager at Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to offer us your comments and feedback regarding your recent experience at the Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana. I am sorry to note that aspects of your experience did not meet with your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We are sorry to read that the layout of your Suite was not fully convenient for you. As it can be seen on our website the layout may vary, and this includes the position of the living room and door access.

At Pullman, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer, therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problems you mention.

We will also share your positive comments with our team and please be assured that this will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Pullman Bali in the near future.

The management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (860)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Wow where do I start? The second we arrived we where amazed at how physically stunning the property is, the staff immediately made us feel very welcomed and as we had requested a inter connecting room the only they had available was a delux so they gave us a free upgrade!

We were ushered to our room, which over looked one of the beautiful pools!
The rooms where huge, clean, modern and met our expectations and beyond!
( yes the floor boards creak... It's Bali, and it has not affected our stay one bit if anything it has added humor.

The breakfast was the best I've had anywhere at any hotel, I am a vegan so usually I would struggle to find something, but not here!

I am still currently enjoying my stay at the Pullman legian, I just felt after reading trip advisor petty comments that I would do a review straight away, I am a 21 year old Aussie female and I know what to expect when I come to Bali. The things people say about this hotel defiantly do not give it justice on how good it is.

I will be back for sure, thank you Pullman for adding to a great trip!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank Mel B
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana.

We truly appreciate your comments about our quality of product and service, which we will surely share your comments with our team and please be assured that this will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Western Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights. The reception staff here are really great. The rooms however are just rubbish. We were actually upgraded for both of our rooms, yippee we thought. The 2nd room however was not yet ready. We took the key for the first room and headed off to find it. Room numbers stopped before we got to ours so we ended up guessing and at the wrong room. The key opened it anyway so we thought it was ours! So we all pile in and make ourselves comfortable. The room is really worn and shabby. Next thing a service staff walks in sees our kids and goes "sorry" walks out and knocks lol. Here to fix aircon. Turns out we are in the wrong room. We are taken to our room opposite (no number on the door). All good in here. A while later we enquire about our 2nd room and they give us key for that. We settle in and the air con dies. We give key back for repairs to A/C and head out for dinner. We come back and its fixed but they are going to change us again in case it breaks again. So they give us another key. Can't find the room, again no number on the door. Staff shows us, this is where it is weird, it is at the very end of the hallway about 20 rooms from our other room. There is a big wooden door which looks like a service entrance or something which we unlock with the card/key then you go through and there is a door to the left and where there used to be a door is just boarded up with plywood. The door to the right is our room and requires no key, kind of gives me the creeps. Decide that we cant have the kids all the way down here so we end up with 1 child and 1 parent in each room. So my daughter and I settle in here. There is a door in the room which connects to the next room except the lock is smashed off. So we can't stop the people in the next room from coming in (yes it was occupied) but their side is locked so we can't access their room. I ended up wedging a door stopper under the door but it would have been pretty useless. They left a soft toy and a basket of fruit with a note apologising. We couldnt eat the fruit without even a knife in the room to peel or cut it! The rooftop pool was really nice. Beds were nice and comfy with good linen. Rooms were very clean.
This place could be so much better

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Monkeypenny

Coolangatta, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

This was the hi light of our trip in terms of accommodation we stayed a week at a previous place and moved on to the pullman where we were treated like royalty.
The rooms are immaculate with 1st class fittings.
There is so much to do at the pullman, but the best bit was watching the sun set over the beach from the roof top pool. We treated ourselves to the couples spa and it was the best spa we have ever been to, can't recommend this enough!
Only a short walk to markets.. It is so convenient.. this will be a must when visiting Bali next time. Thanks to all the staff for making us feel so welcome. Dan and Simone - January 2013

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Dan_23_23

Gold Coast, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

We arrived early afternoon for our week long family vacation. My parents, sister and her husband and my husband and 20month old. Check in was a breeze. We all had 1 bed w lounge, the rooms are all like the pictures.
Our room smelt very moldy possibly from a leaking air con. We went down to reception and although they were heavily booked they had the same room the floor above. Moved us immediately with no problems. We had no problems with creaking floor boards or toilets like the other reviewers. My family's other two rooms had weak air con and eventually my mum asked to change rooms as it couldn't be fixed. Was done in a few hours.
I brought along a portacot for my son and set him up in the lounge room. They have blackout curtains so room was nice and dark for naps. Tv in both rooms so we could still watch in our room.
Staff were amazing. No complaints for anyone, they remembered your name and who you were with. Buffet breakfast $17ea and had a great selection for everyone. Can get warm as no aircon, all open. They had themed dinners so always something different. Room service is the same as restaurant menu which is great.
3 pools incl a kiddies pool and always a deck chair available. There is always a ball floating and they can set up a net if you want one for games.
Everyone was so friendly and helpful, smiling sincerely all the time. Couldn't walk past any staff without a smile and a greeting.

• Stayed February 2013
5 Thank Treeblack
perth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

The hotel is good, the staff are amazing (typical bali) we had an ocean view room on the same level as the pool and enjpyed the bali sunsets.
if i could make a suggestion you need to get some shade around the roof top pool as this was the only downside of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank crombojr
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

We have recently returned (12/2/2013) from 7 nights in Bali, staying at the Pullman Nirwana Legian.

The location of the hotel is central to the beach, markets and eateries in Jl. Melasti.

We intended to relax, have limited trips/chill out around the pools/beach, have a few massages and read a few books. We were able to achieve this and found the staff and facilities first class in achieving our relaxing break.

The staff were always obliging with additional water, milk and coffee requests. The trainee staff also took time to enquire as to our comfort.

A couple of unexpected highlights were a complimentary joint welcoming massage in the excellent Spa facility, and a surprise birthday cake being provided on my "special birthday event".

We had breakfasts provided, and dined in house on a couple of occasions, including the Banquet for the Chinese New Year celebrations. Whilst some foods were a bit spicy for our taste, the presentation and service was first rate. We did not go away hungry.

The breakfast menu catered for a large number of people from different countries and whilst there were many hot and cold options available I preferred simple poached eggs which were specially cooked to my requirement. I did not locate the smoked salmon to accompany the eggs though!

We met and had good conversations with some travellers while cooling off in the rooftop pool overlooking Kuta/Legian beach- it was a great focal point and good for pre dinner drinks/conversations

Staff and the hotel chain are complimented for their service and quality of the facilities.

Room Tip: We had an internal facing room which had limited sea views, however this avoided any possible road n...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ryankjcb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Padma Resort Legian
The Stones Hotel - Legian Bali, Autograph Collection
Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa
The Bandha Hotel & Suites
The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection

Been to Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana? Share your experiences!