4,502 results
All reviews infinity pool ocean view room yoga mat connectivity room grand deluxe room accor member across the road beachwalk mall ground level legian beach buffet breakfast kids club welcome drink watch the sunset third floor late check breakfast was amazing
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed at The Pullman Legian from December 28 2012 - January 2 2013.

I am writing to say to say please reconsider contracting this property, I will no longer sell this property to my clients.

Late November I read some bad reviews on trip advisor and emailed Alice the director of sales at the Pullman. She assured me everything was untrue...

Here is my experience:

Upon check-in at 8:00pm I was told my room was not ready, and that it would be a 20 minute wait as the room had not been cleaned yet, not the ideal way to start a holiday, but I was patient and waited for 20 minutes in the lobby which had no fans or air conditioning surrounded by people smoking. No welcome drink or cold towel was offered.

At 8:30pm I returned to the desk to ask what was going on as I had not been followed up, I was told 20 more minutes and my room would be ready...

At 9:10pm, one hour and ten minutes after arrival and late at night, my 'room' was ready... I was checked into the wrong room. I had paid extra to ensure that I was in an ocean view room. I was put in a room which was facing the pool. I complained and the staff apologized and said they would check and to stay in the pool view room in the meantime...This was the start of my troubles. I looked around the pool view room while waiting, the door handle to the balcony fell off as soon as I tried to open it, the water from the sink did not drain, the batteries were dead in the tv remote and the walls had cracks through them.

At 9:45, after waiting 35 minutes in the wrong room, unable to unpack or do anything, It was acknowledged that a mix up was made and I was put in the wrong room, I dragged my baggage downstairs and waited in the lobby where i was FINALLY after 1:45hours offered a drink while my correct room was cleaned.

At 10:15pm my correct room was ready.. (well over two hours after initially arriving), it seemed as though I was not the only unhappy customer, while in the lobby i witnessed many customers complaining.

I decided to order room service as I had not had dinner - room service called back to explain the pizza and milkshake i had ordered were not available as the kitchen was out of stock of cheese, pizza dough and milk... what a joke!!! I ended up walking to Mcdonalds at 11:00pm at night after a very long and frustrating evening, which in a 5 star hotel should be smooth and easy.

My first nights sleep was awful, the plumbing is stuffed and you can hear water going through the drains all night long, the walls were paper thin and I could hear every word and noise the neighbors made... the rest of my stay i took a sleeping pill.

To save time on this email I will just list the issues I had with this resort:

Very poor check in system - took over two hours to get to room and put in wrong room
No welcome drink or cold towel upon arrival
Room service very poor, run out of common ingredients
Plumbing is stuffed, water barely draining and all the piping through the roof is very loud making it impossible to sleep
Very bad smell in room.. something to do with plumbing perhaps?
Thin walls
Air conditioning was not cold in room, no air conditioning in lobby
Stains on the couch and the bedding
Door handle broke off when attempting to open balcony door
Very bad paint job
Holes in the room and throughout corridor
Cracking throughout walls of hotel
Hole above shower with wiring coming through, could get wet - dangerous
Light hanging over bed coming out of socket connected to roof - dangerous
No shade around roof top pool
Floors creaking
Very slippery corridors
Smoking allowed in lobby and by pool
Very poorly constructed and is in my opinion not even close to a 5 star hotel, I have also emailed the manager of the Pullman with my complaint... please reconsider selling this property, as you can see from reviews online, my review and also the review from customers we have had.. this property is not up to standard, such a shame!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Laureytee

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Service orientated hotel - excellent service from the moment you arrive from transport, massive rooms and great facilities. I counted 8 pillows on the bed. Very, very comfortable. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank CINROCKS
Reviewed January 29, 2013

The Sembilan restaurant in Pullman Legian Bali Hotel is without doubt the best authentic Balinese food we have eaten anywhere and most certainly in Bali. Having dined on Balinese food in some of the so called best restaurants, they are not a patch on the Sembilan. The meat, fish, vegetables and seafood is of a very high quality and the restaurants policy of using organic products produced by local farmers certainly comes to the fore in the end product. The clever blending of spices compliments each individual dish with it's own special taste and the accompanying condiments an absolute delight. The staff were extremely pleasant and efficient, the young lady that served us Kurnia was an absolute delight. As it was my wifes birthday the manager Gerald offered us some complimentary desserts ( which we managed to force down ) of which the creme brulee was particularly good. Gerald also proved to be a wealth of knowledge as to the objectives he is trying to achieve and if our meal can be used as a yardstick then I think he is well on the way to achieving those objectives. As for price we had two starters, three mains, rice, two glasses of wine and two soft drinks, total bill Rup 670.000 ( aud $67.00 ) excellent value for money. For a Balinese culinary experience Sembilan is a must.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple