“Massive room”

Pullman Bali Legian Beach
Ranked #11 of 88 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Service orientated hotel - excellent service from the moment you arrive from transport, massive rooms and great facilities. I counted 8 pillows on the bed. Very, very comfortable. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank CINROCKS
Write a ReviewReviews (4,137)

Reviewed January 29, 2013

The Sembilan restaurant in Pullman Legian Bali Hotel is without doubt the best authentic Balinese food we have eaten anywhere and most certainly in Bali. Having dined on Balinese food in some of the so called best restaurants, they are not a patch on the Sembilan. The meat, fish, vegetables and seafood is of a very high quality and the restaurants policy of using organic products produced by local farmers certainly comes to the fore in the end product. The clever blending of spices compliments each individual dish with it's own special taste and the accompanying condiments an absolute delight. The staff were extremely pleasant and efficient, the young lady that served us Kurnia was an absolute delight. As it was my wifes birthday the manager Gerald offered us some complimentary desserts ( which we managed to force down ) of which the creme brulee was particularly good. Gerald also proved to be a wealth of knowledge as to the objectives he is trying to achieve and if our meal can be used as a yardstick then I think he is well on the way to achieving those objectives. As for price we had two starters, three mains, rice, two glasses of wine and two soft drinks, total bill Rup 670.000 ( aud $67.00 ) excellent value for money. For a Balinese culinary experience Sembilan is a must.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank nnntravel
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed at the Pullman for 7 nights. We found the staff to be fantastic, they are always happy to help and are so welcoming, any time day or night. For most of our trip it was raining and the staff were always there to help us out of our car with umbrellas and a big smile on their faces. Once I dropped cash on the ground as I was pulling out my bag to pay for our taxi and the staff actually pointed it out and made sure I got it back which in Bali I think is saying alot.
The room that we had was clean and was well maintained by housekeeping. It was always cool when we walked in (a big plus in the afternoon heat) and the bathroom was large. The hotel is located opposite the beach and is right near markets as well as restaurants.
We also found the facilities around the hotel to be really good. The rooftop pool has great views and the hotel spa was great. Well priced for a 5 star hotel and the massage we got was really good.
Breakfast was really well managed by the hotel, there was always plenty of staff around and they were very attentive.
It was also my birthday during my stay and although we didn't mention it to them, I had a birthday cake sent to my room by room service which was a really nice touch.
Even after we checked out, the staff were happy to help, securely storing our luggage and offering to help loading it into our transfer vehicle.
Overall we were really happy with the service we received (especially as we booked on discounted rates) and would definitely stay at the Pullman again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank littlegreentreefrog
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

The hotel offers a great environment for people looking for something nice for a Bali holiday. Was not expecting a five star facility as I think some reviewers were but my girlfriend and I received five star service! We were able to check in early and check out late, the staff were always friendly and very helpful. They even brought a birthday cake to my room which was a nice touch! The building itself was being upgraded with maintenance but no inconvenience was had. We were informed via message to the tv. On that note it is a great system on the tv you can monitor you room charges aswell but guests should be made aware to check everyday. Guests should also be aware that a bond for the room is charged to you credit card rather than a pre approval so budget for that. The pools were fantastic but maybe the rooftop pool should be no children? The highlight for me was the superb king size bed and a shower head that you can actually get wet under!!!

Thank you to all the staff at the pullman we will be back!

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank Darren O
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I travelled with my boyfriend in January 2013 and stayed 9 nights at the Pullman.

I was slightly worried after reading some not-so-favourable reviews on Trip Advisor about this hotel... however, I shouldn't have been worried at all as it was a stunning hotel in a fantastic location! We booked a package of flights and accomodation through expaedia and got a great price - approx. $1000 each for 9 nights accomodation plus day-time flights with Virgin from Perth. I can understand some of the more negative reviews if more money had perhaps been spent on the room and thus expectations high for a five star resort, particularly if you usually stay in high-class resorts/hotels. There are some MINOR issues with the actual construction of the building BUT this is just typical "Bali construction"! Of course you expect in Bali for there to be some dodgy ways of doing things, some plaster not perfect, etc, etc! I did notice an entire wing is closed and being re-done but it didn't effect our stay and I think it's great they are actually listening to people's reviews and improving the hotel. We had some troubles slipping on the wing floors as they are tiled but in the wet season are very very slippery (but they did make an effort to mop up the water regularly) !

The hotel is really beautiful - lovely gardens (and I noticed that the shape of the hotel means each room has great views), water features and modern style rooms with huge comfy beds, balcony, a rain shower and a bath. When we arrived we had a whole pile of welcome gifts (hats, bag, fruit, chocolate!) which was nice :). Cleanliness is prime at the Pullman. There is someone cleaning the stone floor of the reception 24/7 so it always looks perfect with no footprints, and its almost as if someone sweeps up falling leaves as soon as they fall from the immaculate trees! Both pools are nice, especially the roof top one, but I'm not sure how it would be if everyone in the (huge) hotel decided to swim on the same day... for the size of the hotel in peak season they would need a bigger pool.

The location is fantastic! If you turn right out of the hotel it leads up Melasti street where there are shops and restaurants. Plus if you turn the first left down garlic lane there are heaps of restaurants, shops, etc. Casey's spa is on Melasti street (down the first alley off Melasti on your right) - they are super-friendly and do massage, mani/pedi, body scrubs, and so on. Further up there are three massage places in a row (Carla, Saka and one more...). Saka energy spa is fantastic - mostly male staff but they do a great massage that really gets the knots out of the muscles! In front of the hotel is Legian beach with great beginners waves for surfing. If you turn left out of the hotel (and head into Kuta) there's a few restaurants plus lots of hotels. Further down is a new shopping centre underneath the Sheraton hotel with stores like La Senza and Top Shop. Just past Sheraton is Poppies lane 2 which has more market stalls and restaurants plus feeds out onto Legian Street where (if you turn right) there is all the pub/club nightlife. A couple of shops up Melasti street is a money exchange place - whatever you do DO NOT go to the one next door to the official money exchange! They offer a slightly higher rate but it's in the back corner of a shop and the guy tries all the tricks to rip you off even if you are pedantic about counting out the money (he halved our pile of rupiah without us even noticing so we took our money to exchange at the official one next door which we never had a problem with). There's also a Circle K on Melasti street. Just keep in mind if you order a taxi into Kuta it will take longer than coming back due to the one-way street along the beachfront.

It's like the Pullman have thought of everything to make your stay perfect eg If its raining, there are umbrellas to get between parts of the hotel (plus there are two provided in the cupboard next to the yoga mat and weights!), there's a rail on the balcony to hang wet clothes/towels, toiletries are provided, plus there's a turn-down service in the evening. Also, if you order a taxi from the front of the hotel the staff give a slip of paper with the taxi ID and details so if there's any problems you can let them know.

The only minor things Pullman could improve is to give more bottles of water as you only get two small (about 300mL) bottles with the morning housekeeping and two more with the turn-down service. We stocked up on water from the Circle K but it would be nice to be provided with a few more bottles from the hotel. Also, maybe a card imprint for the bond would be better than the way they currently do it - $50 bond per night which they take off your credit card and put back on at the end. Many people would need to budget for this and it's not an ideal way of doing it in my opinion.

Overall, it was a great stay - I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in a great location in Bali in a beautiful hotel. We'll be back next holidays!

Room Tip: I asked for a high up room overlooking the infinity pool with no problems mentioned by other reviews...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Rebecca B
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Loved this hotel, right opposite the beach, so many resturants around to choose from. Breakfast buffet was great, food alway topped up nice and fresh. Loved the infinity pool watching the sunset. Rooms great size, bathrooms are beautiful. So pretty when the sunsets with all the lights in the garden. We found the staff very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Trace_Nick_Blake
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Just got back from Bali and stayed the last 6 days at Pullmans, have to say it was fantastic! Very clean and the staff were brilliant. The day spa was delightful to say the least. Make sure you dont miss out on a booking and book ahead. They are always busy. Just loved it and so did my kids.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank 255102Jules
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Legian Beach Hotel
#2 of 88 in Legian
Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa
The Magani Hotel and Spa

Been to Pullman Bali Legian Beach? Share your experiences!