“Never again ACCOR”

Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana
Ranked #11 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Right from the booking to check-in the experience has been terrible. I dont know how the rest of the stay is going to be.

I booked Pullman in October for spending the christmas vacation paying full unrestricted tariff which allowed cancellation at any time. I got a shock when sometime in mid-december i received an email which threatened to charge my credit card for the full stay as they were overbooked. I wrote to Kristina (who wrote the email) and also to Accor Group stating i had booked unrestricted fully cancellable tariff and had paid approx 30% extra for the privilege. However they could charge my credit card if they gave me non-cancellable rate. Of course, they did not reply to this offer.

I arrived at Pullman on 29th Dec at 4 pm and was made to wait and told to go and have welcome drink in the bar. I suspected that they did not have room ready and so asked to see the front office manager. Nobody turned up for 20 minutes (all this time i was standing at the reception) so i asked for a feedback form and name of the General Manager. Promptly Mr Didi turned up and started apologising for the delay. And Mr Gudse who was atteding to me got me a room in next 2 minutes (after my waiting for 45 minutes). They gave me a room which does not match the description of the room i had booked (a 2 bedroom suite, while i got a 1 bedroom suite plus a twin room).

Then Ms Elaine, front office manager called up saying she was really sorry about the wait that i had to endure. I asked her how no one in the front office senior staff was willing to meet me when i asked to meet and was told that manager was busy in a meeting leaving poor interns/trainees to face irate customers. She tried to make up by offering a bottle of wine or free massage which i think is poor compensation for a person paying over USD 600 per night.

And then came the shocker. they state that guests will have free internet but the catch is free means limited bandwidth (reminds me of old times dialup connections) and if you want proper bandwidth you have to pay.

I dont mind paying but then it should be specified while booking. I told Ms Elaine about this and she offered to upgrade to full internet without payment. I am not sure if it is done because the speed is still slow.

Overall so far it has left a bitter taste in the mouth with the way they handled my reservations and checkin.

More after my stay gets over.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank VFMtraveller
E_c0mmerce, Manager at Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear VFMtraveller,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments, and it is with regret we read that your family did not enjoy their stay with us.

I believe we clarified when we met the issues you had upon reservation and arrival, especially as you were kept waiting to meet a Manager, and rest assured that as discussed I have clarified this issue with our Trainees to ensure that it is understood that guests are obviously are priority. I want to apologize once again for this as it does not reflect our usual standard of services.

I am sorry you felt disappointed by the layout of your two bedroom Suite which is conform to what our website promote as it states the bedding configuration is one room with king bed and one with twins, as this Suite is usually designed for family with children, which was also your case.

As for the wifi, you request for a faster access, as our Premium access with download is not complimentary the standard access, as was granted 5mn after out phone conversation, which we tried to confirm by phone, though as you did not pick up we did confirm it by a message on your interactive TV.

I overall apologize if the inconvenience you faced put a strain on your family holidays and thank you for your constructive feedback an experimented traveler.

We wish your family the best wishes for 2013.

With best regards,
Aline Marty
Executive Manager Welcomer Department

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Good location close to everything. Had the beach view which was great. Breakfast was not the best and also happy hour you had to buy two drinks to then get one free. Think it should be buy one get one free makes more sense. Rooms were clean and nice. The rooftop pool was nice but really need umbrellas.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Leash13
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I stayed at the Pullman with my two best friends for ten nights in the middle of December 2012. Prior to staying at the Pullman I had read the reviews on Trip Advisor. The reviews stated problems with the toilets, floorboards, air conditioners and construction noise. I kept my fingers crossed that all would be okay as others had reported no difficulties with the hotel.

On arrival we were provided with two interconnecting rooms (as i had requested) on the ground floor near the pool. The rooms were beautifully decorated, however the toilets over flowed when flushed, air conditioner squeaked, whinned and remained warm and the floor boards creaked extremely loudly.

We decided to make a complaint as the rooms became uninhabitable with broken toilets and no functional air conditioner. At first we were informed that nothing could be done as the hotel was at 95 % capacity, so we remained in the room. On the second day the room was unbearably hot and noisy so we asked again if anything could be done. After an hour or so in the lobby negotiating with the welcoming staff we asked to see the manager, Luke. We were greeted by Luke, who then continued to inform us that he was attempting to make arrangements to overcome these difficulties. He was extremely understanding and apologetic for the inconveniences. He stated that he was aware of the reviews the hotel has been receiving and is currently attempting to renovate/fix all the difficulties.

Eventually Luke informed us we would be upgraded to a two bedroom suite, however this room was not available for another day so we were provided with three free complimentary Balinese massages at the hotels spa.

Once upgraded and moved to our new rooms we had an extremely enjoyable stay at the Pullman. The new rooms had perfectly functional toilets, air conditioners and floor boards. The rooms were comfortable and beautifully appointed.

The hotel has beautiful grounds and pool areas that are lush, tropical and well maintained. The restaurants and bars have great food, drinks and service. A particular mention should be given to the new Sembilan Indonesian restaurant that served the most amazing authentic Indonesian food.

The travel desk was also a great attribute. Our day trips to Nusa Dua and white water rafting were booked and arranged quickly with minimal fuss.

The Pullman is centrally located. It is amidst the bustling Legian area and has the beach and variety of market shopping, restaurants and bars on its door step. It is a short taxi ride from Kuta, however is far enough away from the center of town allowing it to remain a peaceful sanctuary.

The staff and manager at the Pullman were eager to please and helpful in our initial unpleasant situation. They should be commended for their attempts to resolve the issues quickly and diplomatically.

We would defiantly staff at the Pullman again. Do not be discouraged by the bad reviews. If you are provided a room with some difficulties, attempt to remain calm and approachable with staff as they are eager to assist you and are open to room upgrades or re locations.

Rachael.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the renovated wings and not on the ground floor (as ground floor rooms are current...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Rachael J
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I have stayed here at least 6 times over the last two years
When in Bali you expect a few issues.. That's just Bali however, the Pullman has let itself and my family down tremendously
I made a booking for our return for 6 days after our initial stay
Had major issues when checking in
They took too long to resolve and then when got to room I was rung and told rate agreed upon could not be honoured
After much complaining this was resolved . So ok Bali it is
When checking in I asked if renovations were taking place on near by rooms around pool, told no no problems with my room
FAR FROM IT
I have put up with grinding hammering and loud banging for the last couple of days but this morning was last straw
5am Sunday it started not the usual 8.30 am which I found hard to accept anyways... But we did

I asked front desk staff when check in if any noise. They are obviously following management instructions and advising no problems with noise
I suggested to them they have management come to my room for a day and see if they could work under the noise conditions let alone enjoy a family holiday.
Getting awoken by construction against bed head each morning Not aenjoyable or cceptable.

On a positive note staff here are always polite and friendly enough for large hotel
Breakfast is very good

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank BNPfamily
Reviewed December 19, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank EdwinSgp
Reviewed December 17, 2012

A reasonable hotel, in a good location. It seemed like everything look great on the surface but was of very poor quality. For a new hotel, there was a lot of problems. The magnetic keys to the rooms were very unreliable and we found ourselves stuck in the corridor on many occasion, the service to help get you back into the room was no existent and walk back and forward to the reception was very annoying. The beach front infinity pool has absolutely no shade or umbrellas and for this reason was very rarely used by anyone except for at sunset and then it closed. The lower pool is nice and shady. Breakfast was nice, but skip the dinner, the food was atrocious and old and cold. The furniture throughout is of very poor quality, including room fittings that were damaged and broken already and the hotel is only new, the dinning room floor was peeling up, but this was replaced during our stay. Would rush back to this one. Oh and did I mention we were forgotten at the airport, even though we had paid for transfers?

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jack D
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Nice hotel, nice garden, especially the rooftop pool
The bed & pillow was comfy, there's wifi in our room, and the connection's good.
The AC in the room was very very cold, although we set on 23 C :)
Breakfast was average, it's still nice though

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Davidbagong
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Legian Beach Hotel
#2 of 87 in Legian
Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa
The Magani Hotel and Spa
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana? Share your experiences!