Pullman Bali Legian Beach
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$241
$155
$143
$120
Agoda.com
Ananta Legian Hotel(Legian)(Great Value!)
$47
$37
Agoda.com
The Magani Hotel and Spa(Legian)(Great Value!)
$81
$68
Alam KulKul Boutique Resort(Legian)(Great Value!)
$78
$69
$381
$212
$258
$196
Baleka Resort Hotel & Spa(Legian)(Great Value!)
$42
$35
Agoda.com
Club Bali Family Suites at Legian Beach(Legian)(Great Value!)
$80
$66
$113
$104
  • Breakfast included
4,290 results
All reviewsinfinity poolocean view roomyoga matconnectivity loungegrand deluxe roomacross the roadaccor memberbeachwalk mallground levelbuffet breakfastlegian beachkids clubwelcome drinkwatch the sunsetthird floorlate checkbreakfast was amazing
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My Husband and I have just spent 5 days at this Hotel. The initial exterior appearance of the hotel is impressive, with it's modern design and layout and the location is perfect.However this illusion was soon ruined for us on our 1st night, when we exited the lift in our wing on the way to our booked room.The hallway ceilings were all water damaged, punctured and water stained, something you would see in an old, run down hotel.We also found that our room had an overwhelming musty odour, wet walls,bed linen and floors all caused by airconditioning and ventilation issues. We requested to change rooms to another wing and fortunately we were able to and did not have these same issues. We met 2 other Australian couples at the resort that had similar issues with their rooms too, who were also moved to other rooms.
At check-in, the hotel reception staff member did also explain that one entire wing of the hotel was closed off due to repair work being done.

On our 1st morning, we went down to the one restaurant that also serves breakfast.
From our vast experience, we found the buffet breakfast to be well below food, service health and safety and hygience standards.
The food was bland and the buffet arrangement was just unorganised and all over the place. Some kitchen staff looked sloppy, wearing soiled uniforms and we caught one chef practicing food hygiene risks, trying to use a dirty cloth to wipe my Husbands plate, whilst serving up his fried egg.We also reported an unsupervised child picking up food, tasting it and then putting it back in the buffet display, the staff did not know how to deal with our complaint and no action was taken.
This restaurant area is also fraught with health and safety risk, with major structural problems, water was rising up through the timber veneer floor causing the floor to buckle and be unstable. People were tripping over, hand towels were placed on the floor with hazard signs and rubber mats, just to add to the tripping hazards.
Our general feeling was that there was no active management overseeing the level of service provided in the restaurant, someting you would normally be aware of in other 5 star hotels in Asia.

The size of the pool areas is also dissapointing.If the entire hotel was open, we don't believe the pool area would accomadate for all guests. The roof top infinity pool has a magnificent view, but has no shade trees or umbrellas provided. The ground pool has shade, is small and intimate and has a kids pool area also.There is a bar in this pool area and live music enternainment on most afternoons, which we found to be enjoyable.

After our change of rooms, our mini bar was empty and was not checked for the 5 days; we explained this at check-out. There was no follow-up after we changed rooms to see that we were happy with things and we were not asked if we enjoyed our stay at check-out.So our feedback comes via trip advisor.
We would not stay at this hotel again, the facilities and service are well below 5 star standards and our pervious experiences at other hotels in Asia (including Bali) of the same ranking and room rates have been far superior.

The Management of this Hotel need to seriously address the building issues and consider mechanisms to recieve accurate and direct feedback from guests in order to improve service levels and introduce relevant staff training; otherwise this hotel will continue to struggle and live up to the write-ups that have been out there in the travel media circles.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank tanti3
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Not worth 5 star hotel, pullman in other countries are much better! New hotel but seems old already, too noisy when we stayed... The hotel is under construction and rooms by the road are terrible with all motor bikes passing by...

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

We have just spent 8 nights at the Pullman, overall excellent.
The deluxe room had a large bathroom separate shower and bath, scales a good selection of toiletries and good lighting. The aircon worked well and cooled the whole room and importantly was very quiet.
The tv had a good selection of channels and the WiFi was fast and reliable. The bed was comfortable with a selection of pillows. The balcony was of a good size with a clothes drying rack, table and chairs.
The breakfast was very good, wide range of food to please any taste.... Sushi, cheese, fish, even an icecream bar.
The location is good, great access to the beach. The sunset from the pool upstairs is picture postcard.
The staff are fantastic, very helpful and really make the Pullman.
In response to some prior postings yes a substantial section of flooring is being replaced throughout the resort. This project did not subtract from our stay.
Congratulations to the management, keep up the good work. We will spend our next stay at the Pullman.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank wadefes
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We have just come back from staying at the pullman in bali. While the staff are absolutely lovely and the breakfast is wonderful the hotel for my liking is too large. While that is no reflection on the hotel itself the rooms are lovely and the pool area downstairs has plenty of shade the infinity pool on the 3rd floor offers no shade at all. The ceiling on the 3rd floor damaged due to what seems to be a leaky airconditioner. The location is great with plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Some balconys seem to be a lot smaller than others
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cathy b
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I booked Pullman for 3 nights to spend with my family, decided to book the 2 bedroom suite since i am travelling with my parents and 22 months old daughter. I read the reviews on trip advisor which some of them had unpleasant experiences. I decided to contact the hotel directly thru Aline Marty, Executive Manager Welcomer, which she assured me that she will look after us during our stay. I confirmed my booking after Santoso, reservation, accommodate my request of my room layout and a quiet wing to avoid those irregular noises off the construction. I honestly appreciate their terrific service to accommodate and assure my requests.

My flight landed at 11am so i decided to drop my bags at reception and went for a lunch, I came back at 2.30pm and expect that my room is ready by then. I was advised that the room is not ready due to the allocation as my requests, one of the bedroom was still in cleaning process but they made it a priority and asked us to wait at connectivity lounge. My wife decided to get in the room since my daughter needed to take a nap while my parents were waiting for the other bedroom.

I am staying at 2 bedroom suite therefore it has a spacious living room with a 42" LCD TV, separate A/C controller, a shower & toilet, a dining table and a sofa bed. Each bedroom has its own LCD TV, A/C controller, king bed, bath tub, safe box, a work desk and a couch. The bathroom in master bedroom is spacious. But I have to admit that the interior is less than my expectation and the interior finishing work is not a 5 star class unfortunately.

My bad experiences started on my first night where my A/C is not cold enough, i set it up at its coolest setting but the room was still at 26 degrees celsius so I called a technician to fix it and the room temperature went down to 24 degrees after 45 minutes. The floor is creaky so I have to walk softly while my daughter is sleeping.

The breakfast has standard range of food including salads, asian, continental, japanese, breads, deserts, choc fondue, juices, fruits and ice cream. But I think they could have a better taste, quality and service. Some of the food were tasteless, hash brown was soggy. We were sitting next to drinks area and i heard some guests asking for glasses on more than 3 occasions. When my wife asked for some milk for her coffee, she was advised to take the milk from the drinks area, we expect a better service from a 5 star hotel.

The hotel itself has a good layout, 2 swimming pools (including infinity pool overlooking Kuta Beach), a kids pool, kids club, gym & spa. Some constructions are in progress all over the area, which reasonable for me since they have a poor building condition at some part of the areas. The most annoying part for me happened tonight, they still had a construction at 9pm when our daughter needs her sleeping time. My wife called operator and advised that there was not any work scheduled for tonight and it might be the noise of water pump. The noise kept going on after her call so I came out of my room and saw there was people doing construction at the park behind my building. I got a room on level 3 and the construction happening at ground floor. A hotel staff happened to notice me and asked if I am all right, I asked him whether its reasonable to have the construction work until 9pm and advised him that I checked with the operator where they did not have any work scheduled for tonight. He answered that the work is not part of Pullman Hotel but the "Company". I was speechless at his answer and asked him if there is any way to stop the construction and he replied that he will talk with his superior.

As i am writing this review, i am spending my second night and i have another night to go. Honestly, I am impressed with the service provided by their reception staffs, Aline & Santoso. But the hotel management needs a lot to do in order to catch up with the standard of Pullman Hotels

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family