“Normal rooms ok - suites no go”

Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana
Ranked #11 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed March 17, 2012

I've been traveling to Bali since I was 5, so I have seen a fair share of Hotels, the good, the bad and the ugly.

I booked the Pullman because I hadn't stayed there yet, and thought I'd split my week in Bali between Legian and Nusa Dua. I booked a Suite, looked nice on the pictures I thought, but then they always do.

Overall the Hotel looks nice and has a modern touch - that is the first impression.

First disappointment was the room itself. While the layout itself was good, the walls were literally sweating. The room was tremendously damp, so were the bedsheets. The couch had all kinds of stains over it. The AC was leaking and not working properly (could never get it below 23 even when put on high and target temperature to 18). AC in the living room of the Suite wasn't working at all. Room service was ok, for the price you pay you get a decent selection, but usually arrived cold (nothing better than a cold Ribeye). Suite was also supposed to come with a play station...well, there wasn't one. As the rooms have connector doors, you hear what your neighbors are up to, and I mean really hear it. You also share a balcony with your neighbor, hence your chairs might be gone one evening or your neighbors extend their evening drinks with friends in front of your bedroom window.

The good side, the location is opposite the beach, hence you get there quite quickly, and the pool is also nice. The staff is friendly.

Overall - if you want to stay there with your boy/girlfriend, don't mind a little noise and just want to be near to Kuta, this is probably a good place to stay. Booking the normal rooms will do then. Again, the rooms are ok, but if you plan to threat yourself to a Suite, look for a different Hotel, this ain't it. For the price you pay, even on an advanced booking, you can get a real 5 star hotel with better service elsewhere on the island.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Mazebox
E_c0mmerce, Manager at Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2012

Dear guest,

Warmest greetings from Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana. Thank you for trying to stay at our hotel and give us your review which we highly appreciate. We regret that our suite room did not meet your expectations and I have taken note of your feedback regarding the unworking air conditioning both in your room and in your living room. Directly we will certainly make the reparation of it.
For your information, we do have the facility of games in each hotel’s rooms which are available on the select television program. Furthermore, we are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed the location of our hotel and also with hotel’s pool. Thank you for your compliment comment according the friendliness of our staff.
I hope that you will consider staying with us again on the future travels to the island of Bali.

There are newer reviews for Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana

5  Thank An Accor traveler

A TripAdvisor Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed March 12, 2012

nice room, good location recommend for holiday as well
good breakfast, freindly staff, nice view for sunset

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
E_c0mmerce, Manager at Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2012

Dear guest,

Greetings from Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana. Thank you for your valuable feedback and taking the time to write a comment about your experience with us on tripadvisor.com. We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed our services and facilities of our hotel.
On behalf of our team, I would like to thank you for choosing Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana.
We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Bali.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

We stayed at his hotel last month. It was very modern, yet it still gave a feeling that you were in Bali. The rooms are quite big, with a very nice balcony which gives you a good view of the gardens. The hotel is in a very noisy intersection, you will wont have a quite night, you will always hear the cars and sirens etc. But you eventually get use to it.

We were first given a room which had no hot water to shower. We complained at 5PM and the reception staff said that the electrician had gone home for the day, and that we just adjust for the one night. Obviously that was not good enough, and with the humidity of Bali, you cant just "adjust" without a shower for one night. After MANY MANY complaints, we got another room. That was one hassle that they could have avoided if they had just given us another room and not lied.

Breakfast was fantastic, a good blend of food. Everything was really good at this hotel, except for the staff, they were rude and know very little english.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

Greetings from the Island of Gods. First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to share a review of your stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced while staying with us. Please rest assured that I have personally spoken to engineering department which is responsible for the room where you have stayed and accordingly we will follow-up this as we would like to provide every guest the standard service of our hotel. It is a pleasure to read that you have enjoyed our selection of food for breakfast.

We hope we will gain another opportunity to welcome you back on your next holiday to this paradise island.

Reviewed March 10, 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank JBKRJ

Reviewed March 10, 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank SuwondoT

Reviewed March 9, 2012

I spent three nights four days in this hotel during my family trip to Bali this week. Our family consists of myself, my wife, and my 4-year old boy.

I chose this hotel because according to one online reservation service it had a private beach, which I thought would be important as I wanted to be able to let my little boy wander around the beach without too much supervision. I was wrong, the hotel did not have a private beach and unfortunately, I already booked the room. I did not change the hotel as I just realized my mistake a day before our departure. Because the other hotels WITH private beach are in about the same price range, I started to feel that the price I paid was too expensive already. But I told myself that this hotel was new and managed by an international chain and it should compensate my early disappointment.

Once we arrived at the hotel, the view at the lobby really made us happy. The lobby was very well designed and it felt very comfortable. I felt though that the hotel was not as big as it seemed on the Internet. The check in process was quick enough, and we were told that our room was upgraded. We were not told why. Anyway, I felt happy about that.

But when we got into our room, I was attacked by the mold smell. It was as if the room wall had been drenched with water recently. I asked the room attendant to spray perfume and he said yes, but he never came back with that. The smell went away after some time though.

Just after the hotel attendant put all of our baggage, he noted that the room curtains had not been installed. He called the room service and asked them to do that but told us to follow up to the reservation desk. We did and in about 10 minutes two guys came to our room. It took them about 15 to 20 minutes to do that. It was ok since we did not have any plan during that time.

We realized also the wooden tile made squeaky noise; it was like the wooden panel was not fitted well. It made that sound every time you walked on it, so it was quite disturbing.

The room also lacks a clock. Why they cannot provide a table clock is out of my understanding. It is a standard item in many of the hotels I have visited. Also, I realized the bathroom door was located too close to the shower room door. My boy hit his nose when he opened the bathroom door and it bumped back to him since it hit the shower room door. He cried quite hard, but he was fine.

Even though our room was spacious, but it does not have a large closet to keep our clothes. Therefore, we kept our clothes in our baggage. Usually, if I stay more than two days, I put some clothes in the closet. Imagine having three people's clothes in a baggage and have to open it every time you need to change. It's not good.

The good thing about the room though, we found an umbrella, a beach bag and a mattress. We took them every time we went out to the beach or to the other interesting places. The beach bag is very nice, my wife loved it soo much. That's good :).

My boy also taught himself to play the games that were available on the tv. It kept him busy and he enjoyed playing them. It was good since it helped me to take a pause from monitoring him so much.

The view from our room was ok. We got a garden view. Not the best, but we did not care too much as we seldom use the room anyway. We went out to visit interesting sites in surrounding areas; we just stayed in the room for sleeping at night.

The breakfast at the restaurant at the ground floor was ok. A lot of food selections, but I felt it was not as many as other five stars hotel I visited. There was a nice sofa where we had our breakfast on the third day, but somehow it was replaced on our last day there.

There are three swimming pools, one at the 3rd floor where our room was. But we never swam at that pool. We went to the ones at the ground floor where one was for kid. The pool at the third floor is only for adults. Even though it looks nice, but of course having our kid with us, we chose not to use it.

The staff was fine. We did not have any problem as we are Indonesians and so speak the language.

The bar is small and did not seem very cozy. There was wifi connection for free in the room and the speed was good.
Overall, we expected more with the price we paid. But it seems there are several things the hotel needs to improve.

The good thing about the hot

Room Tip: Ask for the beach view and a room with no smell of mold.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Togap S
E_c0mmerce, Manager at Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2012

Dear guest,

First of all, thank you for choosing Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana as a residence for your family and yourself in Bali. Please accept my apologies regarding the miscommunication of the private beach. I am interested in the booking site, which mentions the above stated situation. Would you please send me an email according this question to h6556-gm2@accor.com.
It is a pleasure to know that you have enjoyed our lobby and the check-in process. However, it is not according to our standards that the request concerning the perfume has not been followed up. The same situation counts for the un-prepared room. Moreover, the comment regarding the wooden floor has been taken into consideration by engineering department. We are rectifying the problem and should complete the repair in few weeks ahead.
For your information, in every room we provide a digital clock in our personalized television program.
Regarding your comment about our breakfast I regret to hear that the selection was not as you expected. Commonly our breakfast is very well-known and we receive continuous positive feedback from our guest. However we value your comment for our reference of further improvement. The sofa has found another basis as we will need the space to increase our facilities. Thank you for your compliment about our staff.
We would like to gain the opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Warmest regards,
Executive Assistant Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Legian Beach Hotel
#2 of 87 in Legian
Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa
The Magani Hotel and Spa
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana? Share your experiences!