“Worth staying at, we will be back!”

Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana
Ranked #12 of 84 Hotels in Legian
Melbourne, Australia
“Worth staying at, we will be back!”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We stayed at the Pullman for our first 4 nights in Bali. If we knew it was as nice as it was we would have stayed the whole trip!

We had a slight delay with check in, but as it was school holiday period it was quite forgivable.

The room was lovely (room 1430), the bed was amazingly comfortable and the bathroom was huge! There was a sight odour from the drain in the bathroom, but not overly offensive. There was heaps of storage for clothes etc and the room safe was even big enough for my 13 inch laptop. Our view was nice enough, it overlooked the lower pool. Our room was very peaceful and quiet too. I heard complaints of mozzies from other guests staying on 2nd floor but we didnt have any problems, there was also insect spray provided in the room.

Staff were very attentive and friendly and all areas of the hotel were spotless. Breakfast was massive and had something for everyone, I particulary enjoyed the orange juicer where you can make your own fresh orange juice. The selection of food varied slightly from day to day, so if you were really fussy and didn't like something on one day you'd be sure to get something the next!

We had dinner at the hotel once, and I enjoyed a steak. It was the most tender steak I've ever had while eating out and cooked exactly to my request. Meals were a little small and ont he pricey end as were the drinks, but it was worth it. Not much variety on the dinner menu either I must admit. The staff offered us mozzie repellant (off) before our meal arrived too which was a great touch!

The sunset view from the 3rd floor pool was stunning, and we enjoyed many cocktails on our first night. They don't stinge on the alchohol either!

Overall I was extremely impressed with this hotel and can recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in Bali.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Kathleen B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (875)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 11, 2011

This is a great, if a little sterile yet, hotel in Bali. Still not fully completed but great amenties and friendly staff with fantatsic rooms. One thing that was a little starnge was having the wardrobes in the bathroom and no assisted ventilation, which cause some issue with damp clothes.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Mitch M
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 11, 2011

It's a fact that all new building have problems that need ironing out. The Pullman Nirwana is a massive five star hotel right in the middle of Kuta opposite the beach. It's had a soft opening while it sorts itself out, and in the meantime travelers can get a 5 star hotel for a fraction of the usual price. We booked a one bedroom suite for three of us and later booked a standard room when my son announced that a mate from school was staying with us...what we ended up with was a two double size bedrooms with a lounge room in between and a fantastic wrap around balcony. All rooms had marble bathrooms and flatscreen TVs. We had some issues with one bathroom (there was an overpowering urine/gas smell), hubby thinks that the water in the drain was allowed to dry out allowing the sewer gas to escape...we fixed the problem ourselves by daily filling the drain with water.... mind you I think that the room cleaners could use a good disenfectant and some elbow grease and really give the rooms a good going over. I believe that the rooms haven't been properly cleaned since construction, there was builders dust and the tiles needed the grout cleared. But cleaning aside, the breakfast was an international feast. There was sushi, yum cha, sate, USA pancakes, curries, fruits.. you name it, it was there. The attention to detail was not lost on us, we were seriously impressed with the honey of the day. And the coffee was good too. The staff were charming and sincere. We missed the Balinese music in the foyer (sad to say but you could be anywhere in the world and we didn't like that... we were in Bali!) and think that without the beautiful Balinese greeting of hands in the prayer position, the heart/ soul of Bali and the Pullman is lost. It doesn't have to be impersonal to be international, but we did enjoy our stay. We will see you in two years.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank MsMags2035
E_c0mmerce, Manager at Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana, responded to this review, October 12, 2011
Dear guest,

Firstly, thank you for your understanding regarding our current position. We are glad to hear you have enjoyed our breakfast. We are appreciating you are providing us feedback, I will share this with my colleagues. Thank you for sharing and we hope to see you back in our hotel.

Kind regards,
Siswo Susetyo
Executive Assistant Manager
Italy
Reviewed October 10, 2011

The hotel experience was not fantastic. We have stayed in Villas in Bali and we thought we can switch to a hotel for this holiday to experience the difference. The room rates wasn't much of a difference and personally i felt that the services was better and personalised.

The reservation process in the website was smooth but the communication part between the welcomer and myself was no pleasant. I have communicated through email with regards to the limousine arrival & departure. Late response and email reminder have to be given for the welcomer to follow up. Arrival transfer was arranged but departure transfer was left out. We waited till the day before the departure date to get confirmation of the departure transfer but there wasn't any reconfirmation though confirmation of the arrangement was in the email.

It was supposed to be a rest & relax holiday where we should be taking our time to wake up and not woken up by the noisy housekeeping attendants cleaning the corridors and the rooms next to us. They were working very loudly, their slippers were dragging along the non carpeted floor, trolleys were making so much squeaky sounds, the furniture movements were extremely loud. For the 5 nights we stayed, 4 mornings were woken up by housekeeping which made us very unhappy. I have never stay in a hotel that caused so much disturbance in the morning.

I am not sure if any teambuilding activities should be held on the open landscape below our rooms. The noise of shouting, cheering, screaming, clapping in the early morning were unexpected (Event held by Epson). As the building structure is build in a semi circle, the noise were unbearable. We were woken up with a big suprise again. Teambuilding activities should be held in the conference room or on a beach or somewhere..not below our rooms!

Lastly, I appreciated the upgrade to the next category of room. But seriously, thanks but no thanks if I need to tolerate the inconvinience caused during my stay. On the last day of my stay, I requested for 3pm late check out and was put through to 3 staffs who are not able to make decision.

I m a A club gold member. It took me a while to convince myself to utilise your group of hotels.There are so many programs these days... starwood, golden circle, hyatt etc..what make your membership so special when I am not treated differently? Forget about the welcome gift which I was promised at the front office (which i did not recieve), forget about the late check out (if i am still entitled), I do not need these and did not recieve any of the above.

Accor group of hotels? maybe not in future.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank spellbound88
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Padma Resort Legian
The Stones Hotel - Legian Bali, Autograph Collection
Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa
The Bandha Hotel & Suites
The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection

Been to Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana? Share your experiences!