Puri Raja
FuramaXclusive Ocean Beach(Legian)(Great Value!)
$125
$114
$119
The Magani Hotel and Spa(Legian)(Great Value!)
$99
$95
$204
$168
Agoda.com
Alam KulKul Boutique Resort(Legian)(Great Value!)
$73
$237
$106
$130
$117
Astagina Resort Villa and Spa(Legian)(Great Value!)
$68
$55
All reviewsswim up barbeach endbeach frontquiet poolgardens are beautifulsmall hotelgreat location on the beachoverlooking the beachacross the roaddeluxe roombali hoteloutdoor showerinterconnecting roomslegian beachreception arearestaurants and shoppinggreat holiday
Reviewed June 19, 2011

We stayed here in March 2011 for my birthday celebrations. When researching Bali, and after being a huge fan of South East Asia, I found the hotels in Bali overall more expensive when it came to value for dollar.

I chose Puri Raja as it appeared to have everything the other hotels were offering and was slightly less expensive. I dont believe it was necessarily value for your money when compared to other hotels I have stayed in around Asia however in the Bali market, I believe it is great value for your dollar.

Rooms were somewhat on the small side and the bathrooms although clean could do with a makeover. The breakfast in the restaurant was good for a free breakfast and the meals in room service were always yummy.

Staff were a little up and down.. some were fantastic and others not so much. Noone was really rude, but just not as 'smiley' as the Balinese in general. If you are expecting top notch customer service you will be disappointed, but if you are looking for a no fuss, clean hotel that is value for money in the Bali Market, its a great option.

The pools were both clean and pretty. The pool at the beach end had music and atmosphere but was very crowded and we were unable to get a sun lounge in the afternoon.

Internet was only located in lobby of hotel, and was random as to whether it worked or not... and you are unable to use it after 11pm. WIFI not available which was disappointing, especially since they didnt have a 24 hour computer area.

Good location, close to everything and straight across the road from the beach. Would I stay here again? Absolutely if I found myself back in Bali it would be my first choice.. but as a whole, Bali didnt win my heart as South East Asia (Thailand) has..

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Wanderlust_Tarrants
Reviewed June 2, 2011

I am currently staying at this hotel as we speak. I would say value for money is good, but I found the hotel to be pretty average overall. Rooms are large but found them to be dirty and not cleaned properly each day. The main pool is nice, but there never seem to be any free sun lounges. I don't think the staff are friendly in comparison to other hotels I have stayed at. The guy cleaning the room seems to cut corners and try and get away with not changing the sheets etc and reception staff are not very helpful. I would say this hotel would be suited more for families than anything. There isn't too many young people around. I am quite disappointed with my choice in hotel and would not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Breezer7Perth
Reviewed May 22, 2011

just came back from our second stay at the puri raja. we just had a deluxe room121, basically in the middle of the hotel. there really isn't anything to complain about at this hotel - staff are great, amenities/room are fine, restaurant overlooking the beach is lovely. breakfast is a la carte, plenty to choose from and cooked fresh for you. we discovered Sami is the "boss" driver out the front and the days we spent with him for very educational and entertaining, we thoroughly recommend him when booking a driver. ask for 2 thumb sami. plenty of restaurants nearby. the flying piano in rum jungle road is still our favourite in the area. (we were sorry to learn of the passing of the owner just prior to our arrival). thanks to Ayu, Wayan, Ketut and Putu in the reastaurant for looking after us so well. we only have 1 bali trip this year so we are already looking forward to next year at the Puri Raja. we highly recommend this hotel to people who, like us, prefer the smaller hotels.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gaz15
Reviewed May 20, 2011

This is my 7th trip to Bali and we invited our friends and family to share for my 50th Birthday. The Puri Raja has the best location and the hotel is so nice and friendly.
We stayed for 3 weeks and were very sad to leave.
The breakfast was great , just order off the menu.
The staff so friendly..
My only issue is having to single beds pushed together to make a king kept falling apart while sleeping but not a great problem

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank Susanna61
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Recently stayed at Puri Raja in a Deluxe room. It's actually more like a small resort than a hotel. Has everything you need for a comfortable stay, with fantastic friendly staff who would do anything for you. The location is really good, with the beach opposite and plenty of shops & restaurants near by too. Breakfast is nice as well, it's not a buffet breakfast, you order anything you like from the menu and order as many times as you like. The menu has all the same things as a buffet & is ready in no time at all. Overall we had a lovely time here & think the Puri Raja is great value money.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple