“Great spot, Great service”
Review of Bali Hotel Pearl

Bali Hotel Pearl
Ranked #30 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Sydney, Australia
“Great spot, Great service”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed in a a garden Deluxe suite for five days. We loved our stay here. It's in a great spot. The staff and owners are absolutely amazing. The room was clean although the sheets and towels were a bit threadbare and could use updating. The mosquito net also was a bit dusty and could use a wash but the bathroom was nice and bed comfortable. For the price I think this hotel is excellent value. Breakfast is simple but I don't expect a crazy buffet style breakfast as in Bali you spend most of your time outside eating all the local delights. We hired a motorbike to get around so everything was only a minute away. I also did a spa treatment as the prices were comparable to on the street so didn't have to leave the hotel to get pampered.
I liked the size of the pool. Sometimes pools in hotels feel like their in an awkward spot and you don't end up using it much but this one had good feng shui about it so it was enjoyable to swim in and hang around.
Even if you don't stay here you must go to the restaurant for dinner one night. The food is 5 star. Its fine dining but compared to Sydney prices or even ku de Ta for that matter it's amazing. Just make sure that you make room for the dessert tasting plate.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This rating is a little overdue. It was our 9th trip to Bali, an island we love. We were recommended to stay there by friends. It is a very tired, overpriced resort, great Balinese staff though I must admit. French owners definately lived up to their reputations, they were rude, arrogant and unfriendly ignoring us the whole time they saw us and they were residing upstairs next to us. Great massage, friendly Balinese staff who served us breakfast with an amazing smile & greeting every morning... will not return to Bali after our stay in this resort. PS: French food in restaurant fabulous, Chef, who is their son, gave the same spiel night after night to every customer if you ate there, it was like he was doing us a favour just by speaking to us! First time I have ever vented my opinion on Trip Advisor as we do always, always have amazing travels based on this site which we researcxh thoroughly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JulesandPepe
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

After hearing so much about the restaurant in TA, I decided to look for this restaurant as I was staying nearby. Found the restaurant and discovered that they had a spa in the same compound. I wasn't too trusting of the massage places along the road and decided to check it out.

We booked a 1 hr massage to test them out and it was bliss. After that, we booked a 3.5 hr pampering (body massage 2hr, facial 1 hr & head massasge 0.5hr) for the next day.

My observations:
- Efy and Tutu are great massage therapists.
- the facial was kind of different from the normal that I'm used to, but I was happy with how smooth and hydrated my skin was after the treatment
- the decor was rustic and put you in th right mood. It was open air, no aircon, which I like, as we Chinese believe that natural air is better for the body.
- the therapists checked to make sure that the pressure was ok for me
- paid attention to little things like ensuring their nails were short. I had massages where I could feel the therapist's nail scratching me when massaging me.

My recommendations to the owners:
- provide towels for guests so that we can cover our private areas and lie down on the massage bed before taking the towel away and covering us with the big cloth. What happened was, we were told to strip down to our underwear in the presence of the therapists. We were a little shocked as most of the spa we've been to let us undress privately. After much embarrassment on our part, both of them realised we were uneasy and then let the curtains down and retreated behind the curtains to let us undress. After undressing, we were looking for a towel big enough to cover ourselves but there were none. So we lay down and they came in and then covered us with the big cloth.
- better if could provide disposable undies so that we don't soil our undies with the massage oil

Overall, I did enjoy the massage and highly recommend it. The price was also very reasonable, can't really remember but about 250,000 to 300,000 rupiah for the 3.5 hr massage.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Townsville, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed March 24, 2013

On a recent trip to Bali I visited the Pearl to eat at their beautiful french restaurant and also visit their day spa.
The restaurant was beautiful, the food perfect and the service first class. Anthony was attentive and informative and even introduced us to his head chef after we had finished dining.
The day spare is well appointed and the massages are to die for. I went back on several occasions and each time was as good as the one before. Prices are also more than reasonable.
My only negative would be that I also had a manicure which was less than impressive. So stick with the body massages and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kim L
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 13, 2013

One night is not really long enough to give an accurate review of a hotel. I wasn't head over heels for the Pearl - but I definitely didn't hate it. I love the location - far enough away from all the silliness of Kuta but close enough for some essential shopping and eating! I thought breakfast was terrific. I'm over heaving buffets and prefer a smaller breakfast made to order. Scrambled eggs were terrific. Best Bali coffee I had all trip. The best thing I found at the Pearl - the spa! Massages were awesome. I would consider staying here again if the price was right...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank raecheyraech
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We have just returned from our 4th stay at the Pearl. We requested our usual ground floor room and were pleased that we got it. We were pleasantly surprised to be checked in and shown our rooms 6 hours before our due check in time. Staff are always very friendly and happy to meet any of your needs. This hotel suits our needs, it’s not a 5 star by any means, but it offers a beautiful room and huge bathrooms. Breakfast is ordered from a basic menu every morning, not much of a choice, but we found this to be plenty and fresh. There is no room service through the day, although you can request to eat your breakfast in your room or by the pool if you wish. We like this hotel for its quiet tranquil ambience and this is due to the fact NO swim up bar and no children, so this eliminates the rowdiness around the pool. Nothing to stop you from making your own mixed drinks if you want. Spa prices are very comparable with the street prices. On this occasion we didn’t eat at the restaurant only due to the fact of the dynamics of our family group, but can honestly say Jeremy is a very talented chef. I am yet to find another hotel like the Pearl for price, size and value. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank chichy
Sydney
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I really wanted to like the Pearl after reading and hearing so many good things.
Unfortunately the place did not come up to scratch for us for a few reasons.
Our room was ok but so many Mosquitos! Small old television, grey and thinning towels and bed linen.
Was anticipating a great breakfast considering the restaurant has such a great reputation but again let down. Only two choices, eggs or bread basket which was barely enough to feed a bird!
Staff were friendly and the on site spa was well priced and provided a good massage.
The location, right off Double 6 is excellent but we won't be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2013