“Pearl Hotel, Bali”

Ranked #3 of 63 Legian B&B and Inns
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Pearl Hotel, Bali”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This rating is a little overdue. It was our 9th trip to Bali, an island we love. We were recommended to stay there by friends. It is a very tired, overpriced resort, great Balinese staff though I must admit. French owners definately lived up to their reputations, they were rude, arrogant and unfriendly ignoring us the whole time they saw us and they were residing upstairs next to us. Great massage, friendly Balinese staff who served us breakfast with an amazing smile & greeting every morning... will not return to Bali after our stay in this resort. PS: French food in restaurant fabulous, Chef, who is their son, gave the same spiel night after night to every customer if you ate there, it was like he was doing us a favour just by speaking to us! First time I have ever vented my opinion on Trip Advisor as we do always, always have amazing travels based on this site which we researcxh thoroughly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JulesandPepe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

After hearing so much about the restaurant in TA, I decided to look for this restaurant as I was staying nearby. Found the restaurant and discovered that they had a spa in the same compound. I wasn't too trusting of the massage places along the road and decided to check it out.

We booked a 1 hr massage to test them out and it was bliss. After that, we booked a 3.5 hr pampering (body massage 2hr, facial 1 hr & head massasge 0.5hr) for the next day.

My observations:
- Efy and Tutu are great massage therapists.
- the facial was kind of different from the normal that I'm used to, but I was happy with how smooth and hydrated my skin was after the treatment
- the decor was rustic and put you in th right mood. It was open air, no aircon, which I like, as we Chinese believe that natural air is better for the body.
- the therapists checked to make sure that the pressure was ok for me
- paid attention to little things like ensuring their nails were short. I had massages where I could feel the therapist's nail scratching me when massaging me.

My recommendations to the owners:
- provide towels for guests so that we can cover our private areas and lie down on the massage bed before taking the towel away and covering us with the big cloth. What happened was, we were told to strip down to our underwear in the presence of the therapists. We were a little shocked as most of the spa we've been to let us undress privately. After much embarrassment on our part, both of them realised we were uneasy and then let the curtains down and retreated behind the curtains to let us undress. After undressing, we were looking for a towel big enough to cover ourselves but there were none. So we lay down and they came in and then covered us with the big cloth.
- better if could provide disposable undies so that we don't soil our undies with the massage oil

Overall, I did enjoy the massage and highly recommend it. The price was also very reasonable, can't really remember but about 250,000 to 300,000 rupiah for the 3.5 hr massage.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Townsville, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed March 24, 2013

On a recent trip to Bali I visited the Pearl to eat at their beautiful french restaurant and also visit their day spa.
The restaurant was beautiful, the food perfect and the service first class. Anthony was attentive and informative and even introduced us to his head chef after we had finished dining.
The day spare is well appointed and the massages are to die for. I went back on several occasions and each time was as good as the one before. Prices are also more than reasonable.
My only negative would be that I also had a manicure which was less than impressive. So stick with the body massages and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kim L
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 13, 2013

One night is not really long enough to give an accurate review of a hotel. I wasn't head over heels for the Pearl - but I definitely didn't hate it. I love the location - far enough away from all the silliness of Kuta but close enough for some essential shopping and eating! I thought breakfast was terrific. I'm over heaving buffets and prefer a smaller breakfast made to order. Scrambled eggs were terrific. Best Bali coffee I had all trip. The best thing I found at the Pearl - the spa! Massages were awesome. I would consider staying here again if the price was right...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank raecheyraech
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We have just returned from our 4th stay at the Pearl. We requested our usual ground floor room and were pleased that we got it. We were pleasantly surprised to be checked in and shown our rooms 6 hours before our due check in time. Staff are always very friendly and happy to meet any of your needs. This hotel suits our needs, it’s not a 5 star by any means, but it offers a beautiful room and huge bathrooms. Breakfast is ordered from a basic menu every morning, not much of a choice, but we found this to be plenty and fresh. There is no room service through the day, although you can request to eat your breakfast in your room or by the pool if you wish. We like this hotel for its quiet tranquil ambience and this is due to the fact NO swim up bar and no children, so this eliminates the rowdiness around the pool. Nothing to stop you from making your own mixed drinks if you want. Spa prices are very comparable with the street prices. On this occasion we didn’t eat at the restaurant only due to the fact of the dynamics of our family group, but can honestly say Jeremy is a very talented chef. I am yet to find another hotel like the Pearl for price, size and value. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank chichy
Sydney
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I really wanted to like the Pearl after reading and hearing so many good things.
Unfortunately the place did not come up to scratch for us for a few reasons.
Our room was ok but so many Mosquitos! Small old television, grey and thinning towels and bed linen.
Was anticipating a great breakfast considering the restaurant has such a great reputation but again let down. Only two choices, eggs or bread basket which was barely enough to feed a bird!
Staff were friendly and the on site spa was well priced and provided a good massage.
The location, right off Double 6 is excellent but we won't be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank DeleneSydney
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Hotel Pearl is the best l have ever stayed, service spot on, small personal with attention to detail. Would tell my friends there isn't a better place to stay. Will be back again. The location is perfect, even at Nepei time, close to good shopping. Y
The grounds are well kept, staff go out of their way to make your stay rewarding.
If you didn't know better you would think you are in the middle of France.
We have made and met amazing people while being here.
It's number one for future visits.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Villa Coco
#18 of 86 in Legian
The Haven Bali
The Haven Bali
#67 of 143 in Seminyak

Been to Bali Hotel Pearl? Share your experiences!