“a little haven”

Ranked #37 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Perth, Australia
“a little haven”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Just returned from 9 nights in Bali staying at the Pearl. I read reviews here on Tripadvisor before booking and it certainly lived up to expectations. If you're after a quiet place to stay to chill out, here it is. It was secluded, but a close enough walk to the beach, shops and restaurants, while being centrally located in Legian/Seminyak. The room was spacious and very clean. My only complaint is that I would have liked a reading lamp by the bed and the mattress was a bit too hard. We have always stayed in large 4 star resorts, so this was quite as change for us and we will certainly return. It lacked some of the trimmings the big establishments have ie. bathroom products, tissues, etc, but let's face it, you pay for all that and don't really need it. The breakfast was classically French and not to our taste, but the selection of nearby restaurants with cheap breakfasts made up for that. Can't wait to go back and chill a bit more. Our biggest regret was not being able to dine at their restaurant as it was shut for January.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

My sister and I have just spent a beautiful 2 weeks, staying at Bali Pearl, our second time staying here! It is a tranquil oasis in the hurley burley that is Jl 66, with lovely accommodation which overlooks a cool, deep pool! The Bali Pearl staff are second to none! I cannot praise Eva and Putu enough for the sublime spa and massage treatments- the rock stone massage is to die for! Continental breakfast with fresh pastries, juice and fruit platter is a wonderful start to the day, but take my advice and ask them to make you a banana crepe- it's so delicious! Am now counting down to my next visit!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I loved staying at the The Pearl is a lovely little boutique hotel hidden off a lane way, not easy to see, tucked away. The French owners were delightful and where on site and made our stay comfortable. I went with a girlfriend, we had two suites with an adjoining patio (they removed the partition for us before we arrived) The beds were comfortable and the washrooms were new with plenty of hot water. The pool was small and inviting. The hotel caters to adults only which was quiet and peaceful. This was my first stay in Bali, I was there for 4 nights, then moved onto Sanur. The spa was great, good value, the foot massage, followed by a full body scrub and a one hour reflexology massage, 2 hours in total all for $20.00 CDN The Pearl restaurant is great, by far the best food we had in Seminyak. Jerome (the owners son) was the chef, checked in with all the diners to see how the food and service was. Very attentive. Unfortunately, the beach was filthy, not suitable for even walking on. We went there for the sunsets, unfortunately did not see any due to the rains. We brought New Year's Eve in on the beach and it will be something that I will never forget.....amazing fireworks and thousands of people, both local and tourists....sight of a lifetime! Again, I recommend the Pearl highly.

Room Tip: We staying in rooms 103 and 104. Great ground floor rooms with privacy and a lovely garden to look...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Depends on your needs. $100 a night...breakfast...very good..it's included..also got a 20 minute leg massage free. Others I know have booked into the big name hotels for three times the price. Not my thing....this is an amazing boutique hotel...20 rooms...pool outside door...Renowned French Restaurant....just finished dinner it was delicious...amazing spa treatments...2 hr body scrub. with massage $20...What more could I want. My bed was so comfortable..netting all around...walk out laneway to main street shops...3 minute walk to beach. I feel like I'm in paradise..great terrace to just relax. It is raining a lot here as it is January rainy season. but no problem I am happy to sit on my terrace and read a good book...Breakfast...cappuccino...no noise from street...hotel staff are so helpful and cheerful. What more do you want?

Room Tip: 103 0r 104 great terrace
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank luvtravlyn333
portland vic
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Loved this small hotel, my sister and our two uni children had a fantastic stay here, loved the gardens, nice cool, deep pool. Met heaps of lovely people here. The location great, and restuarant also good, the breakfast was awesome, and heaps to eat ...fruit, juice, coffee, eggs, pastries, I even had fresh creeps, sauteed mushrooms, all beautifully cooked in a gorgeous setting. Just request kindly , and they will make you anything....The day spa ladies are great, best massages for $10 , make sure you have the lemongrass body scrub 1st, no need to go out to expensive spas these girls know there stuff...

Room Tip: Loved the downstairs, by the pool rooms
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank michellePortlandVic
Toowoomba, Australia
Reviewed December 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the pearl for 10 nights. The service was fantastic. The first day my husband was unwell so they went out of their way to ensure we could book in early. The staff were always pleasant and helpful. Night time did mean a possible visit from Paul (the pet rabbit) to your outdoor area but only if you are very lucky. Only thing I would say is there mosquitoes ( I have yet to find a mossie free location anyway in bali) so invest in some movie coils and flyspray at the bintang supermarket when you get there and problem solved. Also there was one night that it sounded like the people up stairs were moving the furniture and stomping around, so perhaps the top floor rooms might be better if you are a light sleeper. Other than that the place was quiet (no sign of the previously reported construction noise). Don't forget to checkout the day spa for a massage or a body scrub. The spa staff are just lovely and the prices very reasonable. Not to mention the fabulous restaurant but that's a whole other story.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, australia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had a lovely time at the Bali Hotel Pearl. It is small and intimate and the restaurant is such a lovely experience. I was travelling alone and didn't want the hustle and bustle of a large and busy hotel. This was just perfect.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank bshaw99
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Legian Beach Hotel
Swiss-Belinn Legian
Swiss-Belinn Legian
#17 of 87 in Legian
All Seasons Legian Bali

Been to Bali Hotel Pearl? Share your experiences!