“Average, No frills Bed & Breakfast”
Review of Bali Hotel Pearl

Bali Hotel Pearl
Ranked #3 of 62 Legian B&B and Inns
Perth, Australia
“Average, No frills Bed & Breakfast”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

The Pearl is a great place to stay if you dont want a big pool, bar, lunch or smorgasboard breakfast. It has a lovely 'village' feel (only about 14 rooms). It is also centrally located on Double Six, so you can start shopping from the minute you step on to the road.
The rooms are spacious and clean and the staff are awesome. Same staff do the waitressing, housekeeping, grounds - so you get to see them all the time.
If your looking for luxury, this will not be the place for you. It is probably best to keep in mind that it is a Bed and Breakfast. I enjoyed my stay but I will be looking for more deluxe accommodation next time. Also beware of the construction next door....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Perth
Reviewed June 16, 2012

It has taken me a while to decide whether to review the Pearl again. We stayed in May and it was 12 months since we stayed at the Pearl. I dont entirely know why but I was disappointed this time round. The staff were still as lovely as ever but the whole complex is in need of maintenance and it is seriously starting to show. Our first room (110) we only stayed in for one night and requested to be moved. We arrived after midnight and were shown to our room which truly stunk of that old musty mouldy smell. It was so bad that I actually slept with the sheet over my head. The next mornig we had breakfast and spent the morning by the pool. About 1ish we decided to have a sleep. My husband told the staff about the smell and to their credit they had gone and gotten a battery powered air freshener which did help but the smell was still there. Any ideas of an afternoon sleep were quickly given up on when all we could here was the sound of hammering which was so loud that it sounded like is was actually in the ensuite. My husband actually went upstairs thinking it was the room above but it turns out it is a construction site next door. The noise was just so bad I thought there is no way in the hell I am putting up with this for the next 10 days. Poor old hubby was quickly dispatched to reception to enquire about moving rooms or moving elsewhere. The reception rang shortly after and said there was just one other room available but they were due to check in within the hour. We went and looked at it (room 103) and it was perfect and the wonderful staff moved our suitcases and remade our previous room up. This was complete without smell or noise and we stayed here for the rest of our trip. The ensuite bathroom was very large but the roof leaked onto the bathroom floor when it rained which it did for 3 days. The staff once again did all they could but the biggest problem with this hotel is that it needs maintenance work. Our lock on the door continually played up and the sliding doors kept getting stuck. It would not take much to get this hotel back up to scratch and for the money it is very good. Personally though I think there is so much competition in Bali that we will be going elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: dont stay in room 110
1 Thank lorrienne H
Tauranga, New Zealand
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Stayed here twice and love it. Been to Bali numerous times but the pearl is one of the best. It's quiet, friendly, modern, clean. Only 14 rooms in total. We stayed in the deluxe upstairs room which has a huge balcony,bed and bath. Double opening french doors and afternoon sun to relax in. The breakfast is small but sufficent and we had it brought to the room each day so can't complain. If you like small, quiet, quaint but modern hotels this is for you!Great location for shopping,beach and eating

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Singapore
Reviewed May 26, 2012

This is the first hotel in years that I shall be checking out of early, despite having been forced to pay 50% deposit when I booked so will be out of pocket.
Very briefly, had a confirmed booking in writing for a specific room. On arrival it was claimed that there had been 'maintenance problems' so rooms had to be reassigned - I could have been contacted re this, but no.

I was not happy but for the first 24 hours I accepted this explanation. Now I do not, the guests in 'my' room are French and so are the hotel owners - a coincidence. I don't think so!

Only one of the TV channels - French - is watchable. The few others are either really crackly and/or have no sound. The wifi is inaccessible much of the time. Breakfast was not bad, tasty eggs although a request for bread, not toast, resulted in toast, seven slices of toast.
The final straw came during a blackout (power outage) when it became apparent that the hotel has no back-up generator. This is unacceptable for such a place and room rate.

what is good - the location, friendly staff and massage... I was given a free massage by way of an apology for the room fiasco.
True it's great that there are no young children or rowdy groups but footsteps on the floor of the upstairs rooms sound like a herd of wildebeest and can wake you up.
All in all as $30 or $40 guesthouse claiming to be a boutique hotel and charging more than double that.

Room Tip: Upstairs should be quieter
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank BouBali
Perth, Australia
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Just spent 5 days at the Pearl. Was very impressed with this hotel. Its only small, but this is a bonus for anyone who is sick of the large hotels with 100's of people. I couldnt fault this place. Check in was fast and smooth & friendly. Our room was 103 ground floor right next to the pathway to the spa, never heard anyone walking past our room at all. The room was lovely, roomy very clean with an outdoor bathroom which was huge !.. double basin, no bath but a roomy shower. Plenty of cupboard space and plenty of room space for suitcases. Breakfast was basic so if your after a decent feed in the morning you might have to go up the road for an American breakfast. But a continental breakfast was ample for me. There are a few pool chairs which were not all occupied during the day. Had a meal in the restaurant and would have to rate it the BEST i have ever had, just beautiful, presentation of the food is amazing. You MUST have a desert they are to die for, and for coffee lovers, you get a decent pot of coffee at breakfast. Jeremy and his staff are all lovely and this place is a true gem.One good feature there are no children allowed under 16 which is great for couples and older clientele . Will definitely be coming back for a stay and a meal.

1 Thank chichy
Gold Coast
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Recently stayed at Bali Hotel pearl, only delux upstair villa was available at a cost of US$98.00 including breakfast. We only stayed two nights and the hotel had all we wanted, the location was great and the staff very friendly. My husband and I took advantage of the spa and had a wonderful massage and body scrub for 90 minutes and only paid around $14.00 each, we'd go back just for that experience. If you dont want to stay in the commercial hotels then this is the place for you, no children under 15 years.....really cool place

Melbourne
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Great value for such nice rooms. It is quite small so you have a lot of privacy. Tucked in an alley way on Jl. Double Six it is in a perfect location, in between beautiful Seminyak and bustling Kuta. Great for families and couples, I stayed there with my cousin, we're both young and love to party so it was nice to stay in a calm place. Small but adequate pool and the French Restaurant attached is to die for. Relatively cheap food for amazing quality. Only downside is the breakfast (only woke up early enough to eat it once) but it was just the bare essentials. Staff were very helpful and the 100,000rp massages were awesome. Bathrooms rocked and I would recommend anyone to stay here!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Villa Coco
Ossotel
#6 of 84 in Legian
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,081 reviews
Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana

Been to Bali Hotel Pearl? Share your experiences!