“WHAT A NIGHT!!!!”
Review of Bali Beach Shack

Bali Beach Shack
Ranked #13 of 236 Restaurants in Legian
Cuisines: Bar, European, Asian, Australian, Indonesian
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Bunbury, Australia
“WHAT A NIGHT!!!!”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Wow what a show
This wold have to be one of the best nights in Bali we have had
We are not night clubbers, but this show was beyond fantastic
It was more than fabulous
We usually go a couple of times each trip to Bali
Great food, great company and a show that keeps you entertained from start to finish and beyond with a meet & greet after the show

Visited November 2013
Hi mjjmc

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us at BBS! I cant tell you how pleased I was when I read it was one of the best nights you have had in Bali.

I previously mentioned in a reply that even though we have been operating for more than 6 years our goal of ensuring all of our guests have a wonderful time has not changed.

The entertainment may not be for everyone, however, it is light hearted and so much fun. Our entertainers do love mixing and meeting our guests. I think that does add to the experience for everyone.

I do hope you will come again when you next visit Bali!

• Polish first
Brisbane, Australia
“An experience never to be forgotten!”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Bali Beach Shack was shared on my Facebook account many months ago. It looked interesting. So when we arrived in Bali, the first thing my husband and I did was to go look for it! We are glad we did. Robbie introduced herself immediately to us and we were immediately impressed with her and the fact that she explained everything to us. I bet she wishes she had one dollar for every time she does that in a day! We booked dinner and the show for a Sunday night which included all you can eat roast dinner for around AUD $15; while the roast was good, my husband said that perhaps it was a little overcooked and dry but still quite very edible. He is quite a good chef in the kitchen so tends to be a little picky! I chose an Indonesian dish from the limited A La Carte menu available also available if one does not eat roast. Menu is limited on a Sunday night which is acceptable considering the theme. The staff were attentive and prompt. The show starts on Sunday at 9.15 pm. If you just turn up for the show, be prepared to sit on the steps around the stage - the place is fully packed out night after night! Words cannot describe how wonderful the talent is from the performers; their miming and dance skills are second to none. Audience participation is very cleverly done - and don't think if you sit at the back guys, that they won't see you!!!! I have not laughed and enjoyed myself this much for a long time. The young girls that we asked to join our table had been three times during their stay in Bali. I am not surprised. I shared all my photos and videos on Facebook and had hundreds of likes and comments returned. There is NO cover charge for the show but one is asked to buy at least one drink be it alcoholic or not. Drinks are marginally more expensive during the show; the extra cost going towards payment to the performers. They also hand a big red bucket around after the show and before the encore asking for kind donations which is happily filled up by the customers. Show is suitable for all ages - the little ones don't realise who they really are! In fact, towards the end of the show, all the young guests (girls) were invited up on stage to sing into the microphones (Katy Perry you would be impressed). Don't worry teenage boys - you may also be chosen to appear live on stage - you do not miss out! Just fantastic, that's all I can say. Even my shy husband was dragged up onto the stage and he was beaming! A great 60th birthday present that he can share with his mates back home - has the Facebook photos to prove it! We will return and we will tell all our fellow travellers to make this their number one destination to visit while in Bali.

1 Thank Jenny308
Hi Jenny,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us! I am truly amazed and so grateful when our guests put so much time in writing a review for us!

I am also so impressed that the reviews have been so detailed and informative for our potential customers. The reviews are very important and I always say an accurate review is very important such as yours!

I thank you for your support and posting on other forms of social media. The team at BBS have worked very hard over the more than 6 years we have been open. Even after this time, our main objective is to ensure that all of guests have the best experience possible. I know this may not be possible 100% of the time, but our goal has never changed.

I thank you again Jenny for sharing your experience! I hope you will return and say hello again when you return to Bali.
Perth, Australia
“Good food, attentive service, great show”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Booked online for the Sunday "All you can eat roast" plus show. From the time you book to the time you leave, the owner Bobbie makes sure you are well looked after. The roast was 150 IDR and it was sensational. The meat and the vegetables were all so good. Currently in Bali many restaurants have cut back on staff and service is slow. Not at BBS. Plenty of staff who are very attentive. Drinks were well priced and only increased slightly during the show to cover costs. You are asked to buy atleast one drink during the show. Now the show was excellent. Better than Simons in Thailand. Be warned there is a little bit of audience participation but it's all in good fun.
There were many families there last night all having a great time. Do yourself a favour and check it out. Bobbie will do all she can to make it a great experience.

1 Thank Mark S
Hi Mark,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write BBS such a great review! I especially like reading a review that covers many aspects of our business in detail.

Our roast dinner nights have been very popular and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your meal. I still believe it is still such good value for money, with our imported meats.

Being an Australian restaurant, our guests do expect a high level of service that they would receive at home. My staff are fantastic and their attention to our guests is just wonderful. We all really enjoy working at BBS and I believe it shows.

Thank you for mentioning our increase in price of our drinks during the show. The increase is minimal to cover our entertainment costs. We don't want to implement a cover charge for our guests as we still want to keep it simple and good valued entertainment.

Our guest interaction is always a bit of fun for those guests who want to be involved. I think this part of the night is so entertaining for all of us!

Our shows are family friendly and just good fun. I am so pleased you enjoyed your night with us!
Perth, Australia
“Great Show but average food and drinks”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I just returned from holiday with my boyfriend and after reading the reviews we decided to book dinner and a show at Bali Beach Shack and needless to say we were left a little disappointed. The food was average at best and the cocktails left a funny after taste in your mouth so were not at all pleasant to drink. They have an open kitchen and when we looked over we saw one chef pick his nose then continue cooking and another scratch his head with a spatula in hand....not exactly what you want to see just after finishing your dinner!! I also found it to be rather expensive for Bali standards considering the venue facilities were not to a high standard and the food was awful. I did expect more from an establishment owned and run by Australians...

That said the drag show was entertaining and can see why people would recommend this place for entertainment purposes. My tip- have dinner and drinks elsewhere then go there just for the show.

1 Thank Chloe B
beachshack, Owner at Bali Beach Shack, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Hi Chloe

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for BBS! All reviews are very important to us and I thank you for informing us of your observations.

At BBS we built an open kitchen as we are very aware about how important hygiene is to our guests. Our staff are required to wear rubber gloves / caps at all times and are given bonuses based on quality of food produced, and the hygiene of the kitchen. We also have cameras installed in the kitchen to ensure our standard are achieved.

I thank you for this information and we are currently investigating your review with our staff. A penalty has been also put in place to ensure that all staff understands how serious hygiene must be adhered to. This penalty will be auctioned if it is required after footage has been reviewed.

Regarding your meals and drinks, I would invite you to e-mail me and give a full description of what you ate and also what cocktails you were drinking as we only purchase imported alcohol.

In closing we are very aware that our Australian guests do expect the standard from home and this is always been our main objective even though we are operating a business here in Indonesia!
“Second visit to Bali beach shack ”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Our family first came in 2013 , we enjoyed the food and cabaret so much we had to bring friends along this year to experience it too .
It was equally entertaining and the food is brilliant , would recommend anyone visiting Bali to look it up while they're here :)

beachshack, Owner at Bali Beach Shack, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Hi Karen M

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for BBS and I was so pleased that you returned to see us again.

I also would like to thank you for bringing guests who have not experienced BBS before and hope they also really enjoyed themselves.

Thank you for mentioning our meals. Our head chef has been with us for more than 6 years and takes such pride in his work. I am amazed at how many meals he can produce and the quality out of such a small area. He will so pleased when I read your review to him.

I do hope you come and visit again for a 3rd time when you are in Bali next.