“Great food. Great entertainment” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bali Beach Shack

Bali Beach Shack
Ranked #13 of 225 Restaurants in Legian
Cuisines: Bar, European, Asian, Australian, Indonesian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Newcastle, Australia
“Great food. Great entertainment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I had a booking for dinner then show on 16 October.

Dinner was lovely and comparable to prices in Bali with a variety on different food on the menu.

The band playing during dinner was great.

The participation from the boys in the kitchen requesting songs was refreshing.

The Drag Queen Show was the highlight of the night.

We thoroughly enjoyed the show and it was PG rated which was good as my daughter is 13.

Loved the audience participation in the show.

Would recommend to anyone with a sense of humour and will come back again on our next trip to Bali.

2 Thank kiajas
beachshack, Owner at Bali Beach Shack, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Hi kiajas

Thank you so much for writing a review for BBS and I was so glad to read that both you and your daughter had a fun night!

The boys in the kitchen are really funny and I love how they get involved with our entertainers and bands and drag queens. Really nice that you noticed!

The shows are very entertaining and even more so when our guests and or staff get involved! We have had many laughs over the years, and so glad our guests to take it as just fun! Yes, you do need a sense of humour!

Hope you come and visit us again!

• Polish first
Murrumbateman, Australia
“A fun night out for all ages!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

My daughter and I went to the BBS on 11th October and it was a lot of fun. We had a snack to eat and then tried the 'Pink Pussy' - a vodka/musk stick cocktail, followed by a jelly shot later on.
The show is lighthearted and very entertaining.
I would recommend the lady girl show to families, couples and friends alike - oh, and no cover charge, you just have to buy a drink whilst ur at the show.
Thx for the laughs :)

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Janine022
Hi Janine022

Thank you for writing BBS a review when you returned home! Our Aussie cocktails are great and glad you enjoyed them.

Thank you for writing that our shows are for families etc. Our shows are light hearted and we produce them for everyone to have a laugh...glad you did!

We have never wanted a cover charge, we just ask our guests to purchase 1 drink during the show to cover the costs. The increase is minimal and not on all drinks!

Hope you come and visit us again!
Perth, Australia
“Great night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

We took the kids aged 12 and 13 to the early show had a great night service was top notch show was really good food was just ok but had a great night would recommend to anyone for a great family night out girls were awe struck by the entertainment

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hi paulawa,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. I would also, like to thank you for mentioning the ages of your children who came to our show!

At BBS we produce our shows to be child friendly and encourage all families to come and visit us for a fun night. The "girls" work very hard and keeping their songs current and costumes, well what can I say just beautiful!

If possible could you please pm and let me know about your meals. Our standard is very important to us and would greatly appreciate your feedback.

I know that we cannot get it right all of the time, but that is our objective!
Sydney, Australia
“Fun Night Out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Went with 2 families with teenage children for dinner on Saturday and to see the Ladyboy show. We opted to eat from the menu & not from the buffet on offer. Our meals were good, ribs were great, chicken schnitzel and Chicken Parmagiana were tasty.
Cocktail menu was great and all enjoyed their tasty treats - loved the Aussie Lolly cocktails.
The show was wonderful - the girls were fabulous and lots of fun. Teenage son was singled out for attention 4 times - twice dragged up onto stage and was a bit embarrassed but was all done in the right spirit. Loved that one of the owners come and sat for a minute and explained the menu & the night to us. Would definitely return but my son might choose a different seat next time!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank charliesydney3
Hi charliesydney3i,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us! My head chef will be so pleased that you enjoyed your meals with us! He has been working with us for nearly 6 years and his commitment to a high standard has never changed!

The show, sounds like your group had an interesting time! It is all in good fun and I am sure you all had a great laugh! I hope your son is ok lol.

Thanks again for your review. I must say, I am sitting here laughing about your son, I will make sure if you book with us, I will find a better table for him. :)
Gold Coast Qld Australia
“and THE SHOW GOES ON”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

The Hulu Café Cabaret Show is world renowned for its Indonesian style Drag Cabaret shows in the popular tourist area of Legian. Sadly the original Hulu Café was levelled in a blaze in August 2008 but fortunately the aussie owners of nearby restaurant the "Bali Beach Shack" came to the rescue and a share premises arrangement was negotiated to keep this popular tourist attraction alive.

I had the pleasure of taking a 20 plus group back there for a bucks & does nite in September. Our young bride to be had her dear old gran with her (a spritely 82 year old) who absolutely loved the show, "the best fun I've had in years" she was heard saying skipping out the door after midnight, although I think the Tia Maria "milkshakes" that the young ones kept up to her helped the old dear along as well....ssshhhh, what happens in Bali stays in Bali...!

The Bali Beach Shack Restaurant is very popular in its own right as a no frills restaurant/bar on the “Garlic Lane” strip which is only 50 meters from Padma Street and close to all the main hotels, restaurants and shops in Legian and nearby Kuta and Seminyak. It’s popularity is due to the fun entertainment, excellent service and relaxed friendly atmosphere. The food menu is a mix of Western European, Indonesian and Asian cuisine, with large portion size and moderately priced. There is also an "all you can eat" Aussie Roast Dinner on Sunday nights that packs the guests in.

The Hulu Cabaret shows are free and the drinks are very reasonably priced. The show draw mixed crowds of gay, straight and family groups of locals, ex-pats and of course tourists from all over the world. The HuLu Caberet shows are on Wednesday thru Saturday nights and there are two show times commencing at 9:30pm and at 10.30pm. Between shows take advantage of the cocktail promotion.

It is advisable to book a reserved table particularly if dining on the busy Hulu show nights.
The bar is open until around 12.30 – 1am and as mentioned the Hulu Cabaret also caters for tour groups. Any celebration can be catered for including birthdays, bucks and does parties etc.... There is a regular support band prior to the start of the cabaret with the boys playing a great mix of golden oldies and modern popular songs mixed in with a splash of comedy.

Its little wonder why the Bali Beach Shack has picked up 3 consecutive Certificate Of Excellence Awards from TripAdvisor (2011-2013).....we'll be back for sure. Highly Recommended Night Out

Checkout the menus and activities on the website: http://www.balibeachshack.com
or for bookings contact Robby at: balibeachshack@hotmail.com
or phone: +6281936222010 for reservations

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Don M
Hi DonRon,

Thank you so much for your review and I was truly surprised when I read your detailed history of Bali Beach Shack!

Yes, it was a very sad day when my dear friend and I stood in front of his bar and watch it burn to the ground! BBS had already been opened for 6 months and we were doing extremely well for a new restaurant!

I didn't give it a second thought, I had to help my friend continue this wonderful concept and also keep all of his staff employed including his entertainment staff! It was not an easy road and took a lot of work to encourage our guests to enjoy the shows in the spirit we wanted to produce it.

My friend made the decision not to continue so then the Hulu café show became Bali Beach Shack Indonesian Drag Cabaret!

We have now included recently a Sunday show at 9.15pm as many of our guests would come for our roast dinner night and be disappointed that the show was not on.

Our cocktail promotion is no longer available as we only sell imported spirits and with the price increases it was no longer viable.

I am so pleased that your mixed age group of guests really enjoyed their evening with us! Our objective is to be able offer "something for everyone"!

No age limits, young to the elderly...just a great night out!