“Great family night out”
Review of Bali Beach Shack

Bali Beach Shack
Ranked #20 of 245 Restaurants in Legian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Great family night out”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

8 adults, 10 kids and 1 Jemma celebrated a mates birthday in style. Good food. Good prices. Brilliant service. It provided a good fun night out for all to let our hair down. Will defiantly do it again.

• Visited January 2013
beachshack, Owner at Bali Beach Shack, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Hi Martyn,

I love our guests coming to us for their birthdays, always a fun night! We do promote our restaurant that we are family friendly, and glad you bought all of your kids to visit us! Hope the birthday guest was taken up on stage...that is alway a great laugh!

At BBS our main objective other than giving our guests a great Bali experience, is maintaining a high level of service!

I think it is also important not to sacrafice our quality of products e.g food / drinks! We import all of our meats and serve only "original" spirits etc...whilst still giving value for money "Bali" style!

I do hope you do come and visit us again!

• Polish first
“First time seeing Drag!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I first experienced Bali Beach shack 3 years ago, the staff welcomed my cousin and I as soon as we walked in and offered us a seat and a menu! We were very happy to see the show and were very impressed with the good and service and attention that was given to us and the tables around us, being my first time ever seeing drag I was very impressed !! We also liked the fact that the owner took time out to have a chat with us and also loved to two for one cocktail offers :-) we actually came back 2 days later to do it all again, I am coming over to Bali on Monday and will definately bringing my husband in to check out this fabulous place because it is a must go to in Bali !!!

Hi Michelle,

I really enjoyed reading your posting! All of us at BBS work very hard to ensure that our guests have had a great time! When reading your review I was so glad that we had done our job!

It takes a great team to pull this all together and I am so proud of our entertainers and staff for making our place a special place to go!

I also enjoy meeting all of our guests, however, at times when we are crazy busy I am not able to sit down and have a chat like I did with you guys!

I especially enjoy it when our guests continue to return! :)
Perth, Australia
“Not as expected”
Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Read the great reviews on TA so decided to give this a go. Was met by the lady owner who kindly turned on a fan and placed it close to us, which was excellent. She proceeded to tell us about the specials. When she told my husband about the rissoles, she turn to tell me that I wouldn't know what it was! I am Australian born Chinese so perhaps that was what she meant!?! I had chilli crab which was good serving but one of them wasn't quite cooked. Hubby had chicken parmigiana which was ok. There is no mocktail, so for someone who doesn't drink alcohol, choice of drinks are quite limited. The staff were friendly but more interested in chatting with each other. Didn't stay for the show and went elsewhere for dessert.

beachshack, Owner at Bali Beach Shack, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Hi Skycougar,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for BBS! Of course we always enjoy reading positive reviews, however, I am glad that you have pointed out certain areas that we need to attend to. This will assist us making BBS more enjoyable for our guests.

We don't claim to get it right 100% of the time, although we do try. Being in the service industry total satisfaction cannot always be achieved.

Regarding our Mocktails, we do have them on offer.Also, if we had the knowledge regarding your crab, I would have done my best to ensure that you left satisfied with our solution.

I do hope you give us another opportunity to serve you again!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome place!!”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Wed thurs Fri & sat night 9:30 & 10:30 drag show which is great!!! Sun night all you can eat roast.
Definitely worth a visit! Food is nice too.
Cocktail specials based on Aussie Lollies like redskins.

1 Thank Emza999
beachshack, Owner at Bali Beach Shack, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Thanks you for your review and I have to say when I read your title it put a BIG smile on my face! Our goal is to achieve exactly what you expressed about BBS! I try to look at BBS as customer to ensure all of our guests have a wonderful time!

Thank you for mentioning our Sunday Roast Dinner Night..I changed my night off so I could be there for it! The meat is just beautiful and the night is a lot fun with our new DJ/VJ Patrick who plays all the old Rock tunes and clips right up to current! :) Many a night I have been on stage with our guests dancing the roast off! :)
Perth, Australia
“A Must Do Place when in Bali for dinner and Les Girls Bali Style”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I have worked in the Hospitality, Restaurant and Tourism Industry in Australia for over 3 decades, working myself up into senior Management positions. Although the Owners of Bali Beach Shack are my personal friends, they know first hand just how critical I can be when dining out and looking for a good night out. In my last 18 trips to Bali in the last 24 months, I have taken many friends - both local Indonesian friends and Australian friends - with me each time I have been there. I listen to what they have to say also about their opinion on service, food, cleanliness, hospitality, music, band, and show. I now know that my qualified opinion is certainly not biased. Each and every time I have been there, the staff are amazing - you have to get Daniel to be your waiter as he is truly special. The Jiggy Jig Band are brilliant and will try to full fill every request, and if they don't know the song, they make an effort to learn it for the next time you come back. The food and the presentation is brilliant. The steak is to die for and each time has been cooked perfectly - I order medium/rare. I have trouble now deciding on recommending the Steak or their Seafood Platter for two. All my friends that I have taken have all commented on the food, even my friends who are qualified professional chefs. The toilets are clean and when viewing the kitchen, it also is very clean even on very busy nights. However, it is the shows that one must see. Le Girls hit Bali in such a tastefull and amazing show that suits not only the Mums and Dads, but the children who end up on stage, along with the entire generations of families. An amazing and brilliant place that the Owners have certainly been working towards - and its great to see their hard work pay off.

• Visited October 2012
Hi David,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a lengthy review of BBS! I must advise readers that David has become a very good friend after meeting him at BBS!

We welcome all reviews from our guests and friends we have made over the years! Usually, our friends don't feel the need to write a review so I thank you again David!

We welcome all suggestions regarding improving our business! Many of our guests have given us some fantastic ideas, regarding improving service and products for us to offer our guests! Due to David's experience and interest in our business his advice has ben invaluable!