“Not as expected”
Review of Bali Beach Shack

Bali Beach Shack
Ranked #16 of 256 Restaurants in Legian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Read the great reviews on TA so decided to give this a go. Was met by the lady owner who kindly turned on a fan and placed it close to us, which was excellent. She proceeded to tell us about the specials. When she told my husband about the rissoles, she turn to tell me that I wouldn't know what it was! I am Australian born Chinese so perhaps that was what she meant!?! I had chilli crab which was good serving but one of them wasn't quite cooked. Hubby had chicken parmigiana which was ok. There is no mocktail, so for someone who doesn't drink alcohol, choice of drinks are quite limited. The staff were friendly but more interested in chatting with each other. Didn't stay for the show and went elsewhere for dessert.

beachshack, Owner at Bali Beach Shack, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Hi Skycougar,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for BBS! Of course we always enjoy reading positive reviews, however, I am glad that you have pointed out certain areas that we need to attend to. This will assist us making BBS more enjoyable for our guests.

We don't claim to get it right 100% of the time, although we do try. Being in the service industry total satisfaction cannot always be achieved.

Regarding our Mocktails, we do have them on offer.Also, if we had the knowledge regarding your crab, I would have done my best to ensure that you left satisfied with our solution.

I do hope you give us another opportunity to serve you again!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Wed thurs Fri & sat night 9:30 & 10:30 drag show which is great!!! Sun night all you can eat roast.
Definitely worth a visit! Food is nice too.
Cocktail specials based on Aussie Lollies like redskins.

1  Thank Emza999
beachshack, Owner at Bali Beach Shack, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Thanks you for your review and I have to say when I read your title it put a BIG smile on my face! Our goal is to achieve exactly what you expressed about BBS! I try to look at BBS as customer to ensure all of our guests have a wonderful time!

Thank you for mentioning our Sunday Roast Dinner Night..I changed my night off so I could be there for it! The meat is just beautiful and the night is a lot fun with our new DJ/VJ Patrick who plays all the old Rock tunes and clips right up to current! :) Many a night I have been on stage with our guests dancing the roast off! :)

Reviewed November 23, 2012

I have worked in the Hospitality, Restaurant and Tourism Industry in Australia for over 3 decades, working myself up into senior Management positions. Although the Owners of Bali Beach Shack are my personal friends, they know first hand just how critical I can be when dining out and looking for a good night out. In my last 18 trips to Bali in the last 24 months, I have taken many friends - both local Indonesian friends and Australian friends - with me each time I have been there. I listen to what they have to say also about their opinion on service, food, cleanliness, hospitality, music, band, and show. I now know that my qualified opinion is certainly not biased. Each and every time I have been there, the staff are amazing - you have to get Daniel to be your waiter as he is truly special. The Jiggy Jig Band are brilliant and will try to full fill every request, and if they don't know the song, they make an effort to learn it for the next time you come back. The food and the presentation is brilliant. The steak is to die for and each time has been cooked perfectly - I order medium/rare. I have trouble now deciding on recommending the Steak or their Seafood Platter for two. All my friends that I have taken have all commented on the food, even my friends who are qualified professional chefs. The toilets are clean and when viewing the kitchen, it also is very clean even on very busy nights. However, it is the shows that one must see. Le Girls hit Bali in such a tastefull and amazing show that suits not only the Mums and Dads, but the children who end up on stage, along with the entire generations of families. An amazing and brilliant place that the Owners have certainly been working towards - and its great to see their hard work pay off.

Hi David,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a lengthy review of BBS! I must advise readers that David has become a very good friend after meeting him at BBS!

We welcome all reviews from our guests and friends we have made over the years! Usually, our friends don't feel the need to write a review so I thank you again David!

We welcome all suggestions regarding improving our business! Many of our guests have given us some fantastic ideas, regarding improving service and products for us to offer our guests! Due to David's experience and interest in our business his advice has ben invaluable!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Ive fallen in love with this place, its so much fun. First visit here was for drinks & the "show".........it was so much fun. Second visit was for a private function for a 50th which was "awesome".........the party was outstanding, the staff are so friendly, fun & slightly cheeky which i personally love. The buffet was fabulous & the band was incredible.
It was just a fabulous party with fabulous hosts.

beachshack, Owner at Bali Beach Shack, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thank you so much for such a positive review of Bali Beach Shack! I am also pleased that you have returned to see what BBS has on offer for our guests with a special occasion!

We love our regular nights of entertaining our guests, however, I do have great satisfaction co-ordinating private functions!

Our staff being cheeky, I had a good laugh with this and I do agree! My brother and I want our staff to be themselves and have fun with us and our guests! I am glad you noticed this, they are constantly making us laugh!

You love our venue, so do we! :)

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Only just opened when we arrived in August. Ate there a few times and loved it. Food and service great.

beachshack, Owner at Bali Beach Shack, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Hi Sandra,

You know what I love reading.....is when our guests come back time and time again! During our time at BBS this is how I have made some wonderful friendships and relationships!

Make sure you come and say hi the next time you are in Bali and it truly makes me happy when our guests have enjoyed what we have on offer!