“Fun and affordable”
Review of Bali Beach Shack

Bali Beach Shack
Ranked #13 of 251 Restaurants in Legian
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Our table of eight had a great night at Bali Beach Shack. Drag show was fun and not at all sleazy.
Good affordable food in a fun and friendly atmosphere, can't wait to visit again next week!

1  Thank Tiddles72
beachshack, Owner at Bali Beach Shack, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Hi Tiddles,

Thank you for your review, and always love hearing about our guests having a fun night! I also, really like hearing that you want to return, then we have done our job giving you a great night!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

had a great night here, operated by aussies, dinner was great and the show was fab. found the food great and ate here on a couple of occasions, would highly recommend and very close to legian beach, just off jalan padma.

beachshack, Owner at Bali Beach Shack, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Hi Shirley,

A drag show in Legian lol..well this was not the original plan for this restaurant! We had already been opened 6 months when sadly my friend's bar burnt down in the same street! This business had been operating for around 20 years. We decided to bring it our restaurant temporarily untily they could decide to re-build or maybe sell. Also, to ensure his staff were still employed, entertainers and floor staff! They decided to to continue so we kept it, this was 4 years ago!

Glad you enjoyed your time with us and took the show in the spirit it is produced! Just a fun night out and a good laugh!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

We ducked in the BBS for a meal and decided to stay for the show. The meal was beautiful and the Aussie lolly cocktails were insane!! We had a jug/caraffe of the Marshmallow and also one of Redskins they were great.
Robbie's sister was a very attentive hostess but Robbie made us all cringe when he got the mike. After a long day and convincing my other half to stay Robbie singled me out for some reason embarrassing me and wrecking the night the only reason we all didn't leave was it would have been a bigger spectacle leaving. He moved on and dished it up to somebody else. The "girls" tried hard but who is he kidding saying this would set you back $50 a head at home. Robbie, you Sir, must have had some bad Nasi Goreng.
And top it off after eating dinner and a few drinks, being taunted by the host and told we are expected to buy a drink (yeah OK we are watching a show) they put the prices up, not just a little but 150% on some items... Unfortunately I doubt we would eat here again simply on the owners behavior, the staff were great.

1  Thank Bali_teman

Hi thank you for your review! Firstly, my name is Robby and my brother;s name is Jeff, I think that is who you were referring to regarding the mic.

I am glad you enjoyed your meal and our Aussie cocktails..they are very popular and so many of our guests love them also!

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your night with us! At no time would Jeff ever want to make any of our guest uncomfortable! We like to include our guests in our entertainment. Some really enjoy this interaction and other's like yourself do not! The show is not for everyone we know this!

Regarding our pricing, we do ask our guests to buy one drink, if only a water, coke etc. This to cover the wages, costumes etc of the show as we do not charge a cover charge. If you were to visit a similar production in Australia, which I have it cost me $75 entry and $15 per cocktail. I would like to think we are giving value for money with our shows!

The pricing increase is minimal. Beer increase by Rp. 10,000 ans some drinks Rp.5000 - A majority of our drinks stay the same price! The Aussie cocktails you mentioned, remain the same price all night!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is a relaxed place which offers nice, cheap food with good service. I enjoyed the live music and would happily return. For two people the price was around AUD $20 for dinner and drinks.

1  Thank CarlaSBris

Hi Carla,

Thank you for your posting and mentioning we are nice and casual!

When we opened BBS this is exactly what we wanted to be! Not a strict restaruant, a place where the staff canhave fun and enjoy talking with our guests!

Pricing - even though electric and imported meats etc are increasing by the month, we still want our gues to have value form money on their holiday! This is Bali and that is what I expected when I was here visiting!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Features a great drag show most nights. Cuisine is OK and reasonably priced as are the drinks. Well worth a visit and very popular with the Aussie visitors.

1  Thank Anita G

Oh what a night it was Anita! Not what you guys expected, but a HUGE laugh with your sister Caroline's birthday Bali Beach Shack style! :)